• 310(current)
v18 LibreELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi (Kodi 18.0)
If anyone with the "crash at end of playback" issue is able to generate a crashlog with #0305x that would be helpful - I've added a comment on PR13533.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
(2018-03-06, 23:15)Milhouse Wrote: I don't know why you wouldn't get a crashlog, but good to know that #0305y isn't crashing - thanks. Can you confirm if you use ratings at all (eg. Trakt)?
 i do not use Trakt
New LibreELEC.tv Leia build #0306: RPi / RPi2
(Supercedes previous build)

SHA256 Checksum: 402e41d0240c84211da91d58616173d15c97d1ed5fbec29ccd953c098d9a17e5 (RPi)
SHA256 Checksum: 0abcf1e7faebfc245a539a999a4618b3ab28b583cd2f7fbbf49e750cd67d2302 (RPi2)

text:
# uname -a
Linux rpi512 4.14.24 #1 Tue Mar 6 21:19:29 GMT 2018 armv6l GNU/Linux

# vcgencmd version
Mar 5 2018 16:50:44
Copyright © 2012 Broadcom
version 15dd194e6c00bd5c24fc4b3b45a1c2af9bb02d7b (clean) (release)

# lsb_release
LibreELEC (Milhouse): devel-20180306211737-#0306-g6f7037f [Build #0306]

# Kodi version
(18.0-ALPHA1 Git:89a53e4). Platform: Linux ARM 32-bit

Based on tip of LibreELEC.tv master (6f7037f, changelog) and tip of XBMC master (480fab5, changelog) with the following modifications: Build Highlights:
  1. Minors
Build Details:
  1. LibreELEC.tv:
    • projects/Amlogic: SBC updates (PR:2507, 12 commits, 45 files changed)
    • linux: update to linux-4.14.24 (ish) (PR:2520, 14 commits, 11 files changed)
  2. XBMC:
    • VideoPlayer: VPV - drop obsolete code for ff (PR:13620, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
  3. newclock5:
    • New commits in this build:
      • VideoPlayer: VPV - drop obsolete code for ff (baf8947b)
  4. Additional commits/pull requests/changes not yet merged upstream:
    • Rebased: [env] patch: buildsystem: add BUILD_FLAG support
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
I got #305x to produce a crashlog http://ix.io/TtE
(2018-03-06, 21:37)stasheck Wrote:
(2018-03-06, 21:14)awiouy Wrote: @stasheck 
Your release of librespot is outdated.
Use the current revision (110) of the Librespot addon.
That'd explain it, but if it's available in repos, then I'm doing something wrong:
Kodi -> Addons -> My addons -> Addon repositories -> (context) Search for updates [done] -> back -> Services -> Librespot -> Update ===> I can only see 9.0.109.

What did I miss?

Nothing: the addons for LibreELEC 9.0 are outdated.
(2018-03-07, 00:17)J_E_F_F Wrote: I got #305x to produce a crashlog http://ix.io/TtE
Thanks J_E_F_F - added your log to the PR!
Those experiencing end of playback crashes could I ask you to test the following builds (#0305x again, plus a new #0306x build).

Before testing can you please enable debug logging, and also enable "Database" component logging.

#0305x: RPi2 (debug-enabled equivalent of #0305)
#0306x: RPi2 (debug-enabled equivalent of #0306 with this commit reverted)

#0305x should crash, #0306x may or may not crash.

Please upload any crash logs - hopefully with database component logging enabled it may help further narrow down the cause - and confirm if #0306x is crashing. Many thanks.
(2018-03-07, 01:41)Milhouse Wrote: Those experiencing end of playback crashes could I ask you to test the following builds (#0305x again, plus a new #0306x build).

Before testing can you please enable debug logging, and also enable "Database" component logging.

Please upload any crash logs - hopefully with database component logging enabled it may help further narrow down the cause - and confirm if #0306y is crashing. Many thanks.
Sorry, I guess I expected debug builds to have debug logging enabled by default. 

How do I enable database logging? I don't see that option in Settings > System > Logging > Enable debug logging
Edit, think I found it: Settings -> System -> Logging -> - Specify component-specific logging > Verbose logging for the Database component

is this the specific log you are after? cat /storage/.kodi/temp/kodi_crash.log | pastebinit
(2018-03-07, 03:56)J_E_F_F Wrote: Sorry, I guess I expected debug builds to have debug logging enabled by default.

Yes I realise that can be confusing, that's why I try to distinguish between the two. A "debug-enabled" build will include the program symbols that can make a stack trace more detailed/useful, whereas non debug-enabled builds have these symbols stripped (which significantly reduces file size, but results in less information in stack traces). Otherwise they're the same, and debug logging needs to be enabled in both. There was a time when debug-enabled builds had debug logging enabled by default but that's no longer the case.

(2018-03-07, 03:56)J_E_F_F Wrote: Edit, think I found it: Settings -> System -> Logging -> - Specify component-specific logging > Verbose logging for the Database component

Yes that's the setting.

(2018-03-07, 03:56)J_E_F_F Wrote: is this the specific log you are after? cat /storage/.kodi/temp/kodi_crash.log | pastebinit

Yes, and once you have reproduced the crash then - after Kodi restarts - upload that log.
(2018-03-04, 12:28)dantist Wrote:
(2018-03-04, 07:05)loggio Wrote: I can confirm longpress keys are not working. 
this is true for all long presses, using Bluetooth keyboard or a Flirc.
Maybe this is also related to my FLIRC issue with scrolling too quickly through menu entries ?     

I need to get you guys to tell me what key isn't mapped. You have to do this via command line in an ssh session.

you can either use the following command
Code:
libinput list-devices

which will output something like
Code:
Device:           flirc.tv flirc
Kernel:           /dev/input/event16
Group:            6
Seat:             seat0, default
Capabilities:     keyboard pointer 
Tap-to-click:     n/a
Tap-and-drag:     n/a
Tap drag lock:    n/a
Left-handed:      n/a
Nat.scrolling:    disabled
Middle emulation: n/a
Calibration:      n/a
Scroll methods:   none
Click methods:    none
Disable-w-typing: n/a
Accel profiles:   n/a
Rotation:         n/a

then please record the events like so
Code:
libinput debug-events --device /dev/input/event16

then press the keys (both regular and long press). the output will look like so:
Code:
-event16  DEVICE_ADDED     flirc.tv flirc                    seat0 default group1  cap:kp scroll-nat
 event16  KEYBOARD_KEY      +2.74s    KEY_UP (103) pressed
 event16  KEYBOARD_KEY      +2.77s    KEY_UP (103) released
 event16  KEYBOARD_KEY      +4.66s    KEY_VOLUMEUP (115) pressed
 event16  KEYBOARD_KEY      +4.69s    KEY_VOLUMEUP (115) released

if libinput command isn't included you can do something similar with evtest which is included in the system-tools add-on.
"PPC is too slow, your CPU has no balls to handle HD content." ~ Davilla
"Maybe it's a toaster. Who knows, but it has nothing to do with us." ~ Ned Scott
@Milhouse  I was playing with 306x and noticed last night if I let the show finish to the end of the file without any key input it didn't crash. However, if I stopped the show during the credits it crashed. You can find my log at https://www.dropbox.com/s/v3q7s49bkax0uc...1.log?dl=0 for review.
HTPC(s): All running LibreELEC
  • AMD 2200G APU on Gigabyte AB350N-Gaming WIFI-CF
  • RPI3 x2 | RPI2 x2
NAS: FreeNAS (Latest Stable) | NFS/CIFS
I reinstalled #305x and am back to where it crashes but does not create a log or restart. It required a power cycle.
Initially after a show finishes, it goes back to the show index for a couple seconds, where it would normally mark the show watched, then I get a black screen, I can still access SSH for a couple minutes, and then even that locks up requiring a power cycle.

It gives me this when trying to create a log before it locks hard.
Code:
server closed the connection unexpectedly
This probably means the server terminated abnormally
before or while processing the request.

I have tried it 4 times with no luck, will try #306x and report back. Not sure if this will help at all in the meantime.

same symptoms/description with #306x, locks up hard, no logs created
(2018-03-07, 15:57)pyrodex Wrote: @Milhouse  I was playing with 306x and noticed last night if I let the show finish to the end of the file without any key input it didn't crash. However, if I stopped the show during the credits it crashed.
 I can confirm this as well, if letting it play out on its own, no crash, it crashes a few seconds after pressing stop and returning to the show index page.
Can also confirm in #306 on a RPI3 that stopping a .ts file before allowing it to finish stops playback, returns to the file list (file text is blue), crashes and restarts the Pi, exact has J_E_F_F describes above.  The file is being played via Samba from a Linux machine (not sure if this matters).
  • 310(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
LibreELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi (Kodi 18.0)24