• 33(current)
Win HOW TO - Kodi 2D - 3D - UHD (4k) HDR Guide Internal & External Players ISO Menus
"The timeout code already exists on its own separate line when using MPC.  Never had a need for it using PDVD but just updated and added it to code AFTER VCD mounts and PRIOR to PDVD opening.  Is this where you added it?  I assume this has now fixed your problem with PDVD required another press of play because the program started before the iso mounted?"

Yes. I think with server (as opposed to local) plus AnyDVD (which I'm pretty sure is required to defeat Cynavia - if you remove Cynavia then audio quality goes way down. I haven't tried it, just reading) then AnyDVD 'scans' the file. I had to turn notifications WITHIN AnyDVD off (there are a few) and then add a delay. I'm down to 8 and will go down by 1 in the coming days until it hangs. Also ripping a Blu-ray to the server (as I already stated) can eat up bandwidth and make VCD mounting a tad slower. AnyDVD scans after VCD so I put the delay right after VCD. That way I can catch any slight VCD delay and then just pause for auto-AnyDVD scanning. I'm 100% confident that the extra press to press PLAY inside PowerDVD fixed with the timeout. Yes, you said that a few times but I was struggling with it thinking it was a switch within a command and not its own command. Heck, I even looked up Kodi Scripting Wiki and it wasn't listed.

"Post 205 doesn't seem to split out 2D & 3D ISO files."  I don't understand this?

That was in relationship to post 46. If post 46 were still  needed, then the iso would need to be sent into seperate .bat files for 2d & 3d  I believe (for the manual nvidia switch.) Since it's old and not needed, I will take out the scheduler thing. it does cause 3/4 screen flashes. But I was having trouble with PowerDVD playing everything in 3D including 2D. I watched the Stereoscopic checkmark appear after playing a 2D file (after clearing it from control panel). Perhaps there is a bug reintroduced with 390.77, my Nvidia driver level. I'll play more tomorrow. yes the LG OLED is smart-3D. It senses. Since I was struggling with this OUTSIDE of Kodi I'm thinking driver. But I've had that same driver for weeks. I did also do a PowerDVD update. I may reinstall PowerDVD and then not do the update. Everything plays without it.

PowerDVD is so bloated. Do you know which of the several forms is the official one for MPC-BE? I'm in love with it. Would love to ask them about menus. Or if Leia is stable perhaps I could play with using 18 and doing away with PowerDVD completely. Yeah, get 17 working and then go through a lot of pain trying to work with 18. I'll give that a few weeks Smile 

Thanks for your time. I'll refine more tomorrow.
(2018-02-23, 05:42)twinpeaks Wrote: "The timeout code already exists on its own separate line when using MPC.  Never had a need for it using PDVD but just updated and added it to code AFTER VCD mounts and PRIOR to PDVD opening.  Is this where you added it?  I assume this has now fixed your problem with PDVD required another press of play because the program started before the iso mounted?"

Yes. I think with server (as opposed to local) plus AnyDVD (which I'm pretty sure is required to defeat Cynavia - if you remove Cynavia then audio quality goes way down. I haven't tried it, just reading) then AnyDVD 'scans' the file. I had to turn notifications WITHIN AnyDVD off (there are a few) and then add a delay. I'm down to 8 and will go down by 1 in the coming days until it hangs. Also ripping a Blu-ray to the server (as I already stated) can eat up bandwidth and make VCD mounting a tad slower. AnyDVD scans after VCD so I put the delay right after VCD. That way I can catch any slight VCD delay and then just pause for auto-AnyDVD scanning. I'm 100% confident that the extra press to press PLAY inside PowerDVD fixed with the timeout. Yes, you said that a few times but I was struggling with it thinking it was a switch within a command and not its own command. Heck, I even looked up Kodi Scripting Wiki and it wasn't listed.

"Post 205 doesn't seem to split out 2D & 3D ISO files."  I don't understand this?

That was in relationship to post 46. If post 46 were still  needed, then the iso would need to be sent into seperate .bat files for 2d & 3d  I believe (for the manual nvidia switch.) Since it's old and not needed, I will take out the scheduler thing. it does cause 3/4 screen flashes. But I was having trouble with PowerDVD playing everything in 3D including 2D. I watched the Stereoscopic checkmark appear after playing a 2D file (after clearing it from control panel). Perhaps there is a bug reintroduced with 390.77, my Nvidia driver level. I'll play more tomorrow. yes the LG OLED is smart-3D. It senses. Since I was struggling with this OUTSIDE of Kodi I'm thinking driver. But I've had that same driver for weeks. I did also do a PowerDVD update. I may reinstall PowerDVD and then not do the update. Everything plays without it.

PowerDVD is so bloated. Do you know which of the several forms is the official one for MPC-BE? I'm in love with it. Would love to ask them about menus. Or if Leia is stable perhaps I could play with using 18 and doing away with PowerDVD completely. Yeah, get 17 working and then go through a lot of pain trying to work with 18. I'll give that a few weeks Smile 

Thanks for your time. I'll refine more tomorrow.

Twinpeaks,

Please be aware that there is a problem in Leia, once you play something with an external player, every file will be played with that external player, regardless of the rules you have in your playercorefactory.xml. That's why I went back to Krypton 17.6. As far as I know, this issue has not been fixed yet.

Regards,

Bart
twinpeaks,

I don't think the newer GPU driver does anything to inhibit 3D.  I was using it and had no 3D problems and only reverted because of end of playback madVR errors.  Also, the latest 2316 update of PDVD has no ill affects on 3D or anything else.  I'm using it.  Yes, PDVD is extremely bloated.  I just turn everything off that is not advantages like all the various video enhancements.  I also eliminate all file sharing, source directories, and associations otherwise it likes to 'take over' a system.  Once complete, it's pretty calm and pleasant.

I understand now with you on a NAS and ripping to it while trying to load a title and incorporating AnyDvd all at the same time is going to require some timing out.  Perhaps you can get it slimmed down below 8 secs although everything considered, that's not too bad and worthy of the extra wait time.

There is nothing to ask about MPC menus.  It simply isn't capable.  PDVD and DVDFab players are though.  I've tried Leia early on and used it for awhile but rolled back to official KODI release simply because the Titan skin, which I prefer, is not up to par in too many aspects with it that were important to me.  'Some' menus did work perfectly.  Still, Leia is not 3D MVC compatible so PDVD and Fab players fill in for the lack of 3D with menus and UHD with menus, one requiring special hardware and the other no requirements.  MPC still remains versatile and highest quality for everything and as always the caveat is no menus for anything although in my experience I don't see a quality difference between players using UHD since there isn't much to enhance my panel doesn't do automatically.  Not to mention, MPC and related components are freeware.   

As bsoriano wrote, in his experience, the xml is not working properly with Leia, either by design or infancy.  I don't recall experiencing the same problem back then though and have no desire to retest it using recent nightlies.  Time will tell.  Imo, now is not the time to start using Leia but feedback might be appreciated by devs working on it and most likely skinners.  (I think and don't quote me, afedchin is the primary and perhaps sole Windows dev with plenty on his shoulders.  At the very least, he deserves gratitude as well as anyone else that might be involved maintaining KODI for Windows.  Without Kodi for Windows, we have none of this)
HOW TO - Kodi 2D - 3D - UHD (4k) HDR Guide Internal & External Players iso menus
DIY HOME THEATER WIND EFFECT

W11 Pro 24H2 MPC-BE\HC madVR KODI 22 GTX960-4GB/RGB 4:4:4/Desktop 60Hz 8bit Video Matched Refresh rates 23,24,50,60Hz 8/10/12bit/Samsung 82" Q90R Denon S720W
In an attempt to get this setup working exactly as presented, I played around with Nvidia 385.69 - and all I get is "Error in Stereo Driver, stereo bit did not copy only half the image" then flash flash, a different box Failed to release all D3D objects." I tried 3D iso anyway to no success.

Going back to 390.77 I'm just back to where I was yesterday. Before I even get to Kodi, mounting through VCD in file explorer a 2D iso yields 2D playback if the 'enable stereoscopic playback' is unchecked in the Nvidia control panel. If the 'enable stereoscopic playback' is checked, I get a 3D rendering of a 2D iso. Reverse true with 3D. I have to make sure the 'enable stereoscopic playback is checked'. And I have to toggle that option manually with the mouse. One real issue - that I didn't realize until today - if you try to play back a 3D iso without the checkmark (and this was happening to me I'm sure in the past few days through Kodi) what happens is that within PowerDVD the "play 3D in 3D" box deselects itself. So then you'll never get 3D unless you go back in and check that! I know this is one item that sent me in circles. So at least I'm aware of it.

At this point I really think I have to go back to the split 2D & 3D .bat files (& third .bat for *.uhd). I'll work on it that way with the manual scripted "C:\Program Files (x86)\NVIDIA Corporation\3D Vision\nvstlink.exe" /enable" / disable toggle within. And not touching that scheduled task thing in post 46 unless I have to later.

I guess I could try to see if somehow Kodi is playing these files automatically again first with the setup as I have it now 390.77, that will only take 3-4 minutes. Maybe I'll get lucky but I doubt it.
I can't think of any other ideas why you have all these problems?  For certain, PDVD has never unchecked its 'play 3D in 3D' for me no matter what drivers I've used throughout the years (and I've used them all) nor was the setting related to stereoscopic enabled/disabled in NCP.  In my experience, there is no way a GPU driver is ever going to affect PDVD's settings and take it upon itself to just start disabling settings.  It simply wouldn't function and probably throw a pop-up telling you why.  PDVD itself might be throwing a fit because something is very out of whack that has changed since its installation.  I use driver 385.69 at this moment and everything works as intended with no errors from any players or components (UHD HDR, SDR, 2D, 3D, etc.) and I'm certain that driver is fine, at least on my system.

I do remember months back there was a slew of driver problems after the 385.xx series.  Mainly, the nVidia 3D wizard failed with the exact errors you listed.  I rolled back to a driver version prior to 385.xx (don't remember the exact version but I listed the steps in this thread someplace I think), uninstalled that old driver, and then reinstalled 385.69.  This was because simply rolling back did not empty new registry values the new driver left.  (Residual entries).  It's been documented all over the place fwiw.  To avoid all the driver steps, you could try using this:  https://www.wagnardsoft.com/ and then installing whatever you want 'clean'.  Reboots between uninstalls and installs are also important to reset the registry before overwriting it again.  madshi even added 'enable nvidia 3d.reg' to help speed up the stereoscopic setup and avoid using the NCP at all.  I assume it relates to all players including PDVD since it's simply the reg entry to enable 3D bypassing the wizard steps.  This driver problem has since been fixed by nVidia and hasn't appeared again.  As I stated, I'm only avoiding new drivers and using 385.69 because of minor conflicts that are probably only inherent on my system and not necessarily others since I've only seen one other report that went unnoticed. 

I do not experience 2D in 3D using PDVD or any other player.  This was common a very long time ago but all the culprits were fixed.  When using modern hardware and software, there is no reason to use those old 2D and 3D .bats anymore.  That was from years ago prior to 4k when nothing was too smart, at least not smart enough to distinguish a 2D file from a 3D.  I get the feeling you are band aiding other wounds downstream instead of finding who is doing the harm upstream and eliminate it from causing domino wounding to healthy components.  If I was you or I was at your terminal diagnosing on-sight, I would back up (system image what you have now).  Then I would put a few troublesome files (HDR, 2D, 3D whatever) local on the desktop.  I would completely eliminate your NAS for the time being.  I would begin testing from Explorer and completely eliminate my code and unnecessary software like KODI and get everything ((((FULLY)))) functioning in its primal form.  If it doesn't work from Explorer, start uninstalling software like GPU drivers cleanly.  Perhaps player software will need to be reinstalled.  Clean the registry with CCleaner, etc.  Do whatever you need to do to get everything fully functioning as basic as possible, then build on it from there testing along the way until you figure out who that upstream culprit and then fix the culprit or eliminate/replace that culprit.  I think keeping the culprit and band aiding all the resulting harm it causes defeats the whole purpose.  I don't know what else to suggest other than to assure you, things do work proper and reliably.  I understand every environment is unique but it shouldn't be to the point nothing works and gremlins are changing software settings when you aren't looking.  Unless you know of another way to accomplish everything this guide presents, you may need to alter your environment.  If you ever figure out who that culprit hampering you is, perhaps it can be worked out without changing your environment?  I wish I could figure it out for you but alas, my attempts have failed.  At this point I can only confirm or deny finger pointing to that which I have experience with.  So far, the supposed culprits pointed out have done no harm on my system.  It's something else.
HOW TO - Kodi 2D - 3D - UHD (4k) HDR Guide Internal & External Players iso menus

W11 Pro 24H2 MPC-BE\HC madVR KODI 22 GTX960-4GB/RGB 4:4:4/Desktop 60Hz 8bit Video Matched Refresh rates 23,24,50,60Hz 8/10/12bit/Samsung 82" Q90R Denon S720W
I appreciate your time. I can see I've overstayed my welcome here. For whatever reason I do feel that in my environment for whatever reason - Emby, Pioneer receiver, AnyDVD, VCD (it's faster than not) or chipset / video board (yes 960 is similar but not exact) or combination thereof that my system just isn't going to be the same. Perhaps there's a driver version that I could hit that would fix these symptoms. I may try a few more drivers going backwards from 390.77. But 385.69 completely acts differently here - and I did use Guru3D's DDU (Display Driver uninstaller) after windows uninstall to clean house. That program has been around for many years and has been invaluable finding game system driver issues for me over and over - I have confidence in it though most 'uninstaller' 'registry cleaner helper' programs I wouldn't touch with a 300 foot pole.

At this point though I don't think using 2d.bat and 3d.bat and uhd.bat (or whatever I name the three) is a Band-Aid. I think it's using functionality provided. I just need to spend the time there learning those scripting commands and such. 

Regardless, I feel I've overstayed my welcome here and am just confusing folks and frustrating you so I will continue my journey with much smaller and more targeted threads elsewhere as I get this set up. The problem is not that I can't read or follow instructions though I definitely had some interpretation variances (such as with timeout) or mixed up what's old and doesn't apply with what's new and does, going forwards and backwards. I've actually made a lot of progress since yesterday. IF I didn't think this was going to work I certainly wouldn't invested about 8 hours across 3 days so far.
You haven't overstayed.  I just don't have any more suggestions and that frustrates me.  You've given me symptoms, but I've run out of medicine.  I've invested and feel like I'm on a mission with you now.  LoL.  Please, make a system image.  When we're done, if you don't like something, put it back exactly where it was.  I think if we went step by step with confirmations, you could get this working.  Just mimic my setup and alter it from there.   I suggest we start with a very basic test bed using Explorer to establish your capability thus far and rebuild off that.  If none of that is feasible and you have a specific question, maybe me or someone else can help you with it.  I do want to see it work for you so you can be done with it and do nothing else but enjoy it.

(2016-10-04, 20:04)brazen1 Wrote: I just press the on button for my glasses and sit back and enjoy.

I am using 4k HDMI 2.0 components.
Samsung JS8500
Nvidia GeForce GTX 960
i take it you are using Nvidia 3d glasses?

if so which ones.
No, Samsung
SSG-5100GB
&
SSG -5150 GB

(2018-02-24, 19:04)brazen1 Wrote: No, Samsung
SSG-5100GB
&
SSG -5150 GB
 hhhmmm.. i looked at the sepcs of your tv and its not 3d compatible from what i can see, so i take it the Nvidia card is doing the 3d processing?

i have about 5 pairs of those 3d glasses (SSG-5100GB) as my last tv was a samsung d550 plasma. i was under the impression you needed the ''receiver'' for the glasses built into the tv to be able to switch them on.

i have just purchased an LG 65UJ634V tv and nvidia GT1050ti 4 gig card for my HTPC running kodi 17.?. waiting on card before i can go further.
i'm a fool.. your tv does do 3d... lol
I now have a fully functional system with all 2D, 3D, and HDR modes working thanks to some personal attention from the owner of this thread and process, Brazen1. The major culprit for my final issue was the need for an older driver, 385.69 for my EVGA Geforce 1050Ti. That solved the final problem I was experiencing with PowerDVD not switching automatically between 2D and 3D. MPC-BE is beautifully playing my HDR files both ISO & MKV (Westworld only at least right now.) All this is being served by Emby for the library, which I was worried might have been part of my problem but fortunately was not related. My very first order of business will be to image this off so that if I decide to branch off to a different direction I'll always have a 'perfectly working master copy.' Didn't realize Windows 10 had a built-in image function but it does under file history / System Image Backup (small link on the far left.)
I have updated the guide Post #205 https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid...pid2616287

There has been some confusion regarding the .bat files in thinking they are only needed if you are using 3D.  This is not true.  They are needed for other reasons other than just 3D so if you use PowerDVD and/or MPC-BE you WILL need to create them.  I have changed the name of the .bats to help end the confusion.  This also requires slight editing of the playercorefactory.xml.  Furthermore, I have simplified the code for both .bat files.  I have also been using DVDFab Media Player 3 to gain menus and mimic a UHD HDR disc with an iso backup 100%.  This player, unlike PowerDVD, requires no special hardware to be compliant.  I still use PowerDVD for 3D.iso menus since DVDFab Player 3 is not 3D frame packed compatible.  The updated playercorefactory.xml also reflects this change.

The current configuration:
PowerDVD 17 build 2316 - SDR 2D and 3D iso's default and play full menus mimicking a physical disc exactly.  (I use this because DVDFab Player 3 cannot do frame packed 3D)
DVDFab Player 3 build 3102 - UHD HDR iso's default and play full menus mimicking a physical disc exactly.  (I use this because I don't have special hardware required for PowerDVD UHD playback)
KODI videoplayer 17.6 x86 - defaults to play everything else.
MPC-BE build 1.5.1 x64 - I select this player manually by pressing 'C' (mapped to 'Menu' on my remote) when I desire to override any of the defaults.  (When quality vs function is desired knowing it plays everything but no menus)
All four players serve a unique need when one desires to play everything offered with no caveats.  Each can be manually selected to play what you'd like provided it handles the given source.

LAV Filters build 71.0.16 x64
madVR build 92.12

(2018-03-11, 06:13)brazen1 Wrote: I have updated the guide Post #205  https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=229692&page=14
 Thanks for this - the only issue I'm running into is that I'd like to use MPC-BE for everything, but 3D only works for me in exclusive fullscreen mode, and 4K HDR requires that to be off.  Any suggestions for toggling exclusive fullscreen from your bat file?  Thanks.
Since my goal is to play everything there is and to optionally play them to the highest extent such as with menus, I thought it would be appropriate to set all the defaults to reflect that.  Users still have the option of manually selecting any player which entails 2 button presses to navigate to the 'play using' tab.  I don't consider defaulting the 4 players to reflect their strong points as I've done an issue.  If you desire to use one player for everything, fwiw, no one player can do everything.  But I understand your request.  Typically, users want to play HDR and 3D these days and don't want to pay for capable players but understand MPC with components is free provided they don't mind not using the full potential of their disc and limit themselves to main movie only.  Fwiw, the two pay players (one for 3D with menus and one for UHD HDR with menus) costs less than $15 total on eBay.  If you want to deviate from the defaults, you can simply modify your playercorefactory.xml rules how you desire.  There are already many examples in this thread.  Mainly just edit the rule filetypes to list every file extension you use and assign the rule to MPC-BE.  Something like this:

<rule filetypes="mkv|avi|mp4|mpg|m2ts|vob|bdmv|rar|iso|" player="MPC-BE">

I use FSE for 3D and 4k HDR and retain 10bit.  Nothing is required to be on or off differentiating the two.  Not sure why it would be for you.  But if you insist, the bats don't need to control the on/off.  madVR already does.  Create a 'Rendering' profile for 3D, turn on FSE for it and off for your other profiles.  This way, it toggles FSE on when 3D mode is engaged, and off when finished.  I think this profile rule will work for you:

if (3D) "3D"
else if (srcWidth <= 720) and (srcHeight <= 576)"SD"
else if (srcWidth <= 1280) and (srcHeight <= 720)"HD"
else if (srcWidth <= 1920) and (srcHeight <= 1080)"FHD"
else if (srcWidth <= 3840) and (srcHeight <= 2160)"UHD"
else "4K"

• 33(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
HOW TO - Kodi 2D - 3D - UHD (4k) HDR Guide Internal & External Players ISO Menus39