• 9(current)
Release Amazon Echo Alexa Video Skill for Kodi
hi Id love to get on the beta, but for some reason, even though account activated cant pm or email @tkislan Whats the best way to get my email to you,post here, or can you PM\email me?

Im uk btw and would love to give this a go

best wishes
(2018-03-12, 21:03)rjtt64 Wrote: hi Id love to get on the beta, but for some reason, even though account activated cant pm or email @tkislan Whats the best way to get my email to you,post here, or can you PM\email me?

Im uk btw and would love to give this a go

best wishes
Hey. You can PM me on reddit
Hello Tkislan,

I just sent a PM to you with email address requesting to be added....Thanks in advance.
Was hoping you could help with a little troubleshooting.  I have everything installed correctly as far as I know.  When I tell Alexa to watch a series, she responds with getting "series" from Kodi video.  Problem is nothing plays.  Looking in kodi log there is this error, if it means anything:

ERROR: C:\Users\Bob\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.video.kodiconnect\resources\lib\fuzzywuzzy\fuzz.py:35: UserWarning: Using slow pure-python SequenceMatcher. Install python-Levenshtein to remove this warning
                                              warnings.warn('Using slow pure-python SequenceMatcher. Install python-Levenshtein to remove this warning')

Let me know what else I can provide to help solve the problem  Thanks.
YOYIZDERZOMENEMOHOZEZAZEZDENDERIZHOZEZ
Hi Tkislan et al,

I did manage to get the basic playback functionality like pause, play, forward and rewind up and running. But asking Alexa to play a locally stored moves doesn't work. I will check the Error log tonight and see if I get the same fault code as bobrap.

But what I also noticed was that when Kodi is running, I can use Alexa control Spotify. How would actually Alexa distinguish Kodi from Spotify (or any other music streaming service for that matter) if we only use the word "play" as trigger? E.g. "Alexa play xxx"?

BR /// Rob
Received your link and activated the skill! Thanks a lot
Intel NUC8i3BEH, Kodi 19, SanDisk Plus 128GB SSD, Kingston HyperX Impact 8GB, Windows 10 x64
Sony KD65-XF9005
made the first 2 steps,would love to get an invitation
(2018-03-12, 21:40)bobrap Wrote: Was hoping you could help with a little troubleshooting.  I have everything installed correctly as far as I know.  When I tell Alexa to watch a series, she responds with getting "series" from Kodi video.  Problem is nothing plays.  Looking in kodi log there is this error, if it means anything:

ERROR: C:\Users\Bob\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.video.kodiconnect\resources\lib\fuzzywuzzy\fuzz.py:35: UserWarning: Using slow pure-python SequenceMatcher. Install python-Levenshtein to remove this warning
                                              warnings.warn('Using slow pure-python SequenceMatcher. Install python-Levenshtein to remove this warning')

That's just a warning, and it doesn't affect the addon
(2018-03-13, 05:08)bmwrob Wrote: Hi Tkislan et al,

I did manage to get the basic playback functionality like pause, play, forward and rewind up and running. But asking Alexa to play a locally stored moves doesn't work. I will check the Error log tonight and see if I get the same fault code as bobrap.

But what I also noticed was that when Kodi is running, I can use Alexa control Spotify. How would actually Alexa distinguish Kodi from Spotify (or any other music streaming service for that matter) if we only use the word "play" as trigger? E.g. "Alexa play xxx"?

BR /// Rob
Unfortunately, Alexa doesn't (hopefully yet) support reporting of the Playback status. So I can't proactively report, that the user has started playback through some other remote.
In this case, you have to say "Alexa pause on Kodi".

But Alexa remembers what was the last service it interacted with.So if you say, "Alexa, play the Simpsons", and after that "Alexa, pause", it will actually send pause command to Kodi.
(2018-03-13, 15:24)Omer_DA Wrote: made the first 2 steps,would love to get an invitation
You'll have to send me your Amazon/Alexa connected email in PM (either here, or on reddit), so that I can add you to beta testers
(2018-03-13, 15:33)tkislan Wrote:
(2018-03-12, 21:40)bobrap Wrote: Was hoping you could help with a little troubleshooting.  I have everything installed correctly as far as I know.  When I tell Alexa to watch a series, she responds with getting "series" from Kodi video.  Problem is nothing plays.  Looking in kodi log there is this error, if it means anything:

That's just a warning, and it doesn't affect the addon  
 Thanks for the reply about the error.  Any idea about Alexa saying getting "show" from Kodi but not actually playing it?  Thanks
(2018-03-13, 17:12)bobrap Wrote: Any idea about Alexa saying getting "show" from Kodi but not actually playing it?
I've had this happen a couple times but no errors in the log, "getting The Flash from Kodi video" but nothing plays but ask it again and it plays the next episode fine. It's so random it's hard to track
(2018-03-13, 20:07)komplex Wrote:
(2018-03-13, 17:12)bobrap Wrote: Any idea about Alexa saying getting "show" from Kodi but not actually playing it?
I've had this happen a couple times but no errors in the log, "getting The Flash from Kodi video" but nothing plays but ask it again and it plays the next episode fine. It's so random it's hard to track 
This might be related to the issue, that fetching and indexing of the video library happens after first 20 seconds of running. So this should only be related if you always turnOff/turnOn the Kodi.
Please let me know, if this is your case, and I can prepare new version, with fix for this
(2018-03-13, 21:30)tkislan Wrote: This might be related to the issue, that fetching and indexing of the video library happens after first 20 seconds of running. So this should only be related if you always turnOff/turnOn the Kodi.
Please let me know, if this is your case, and I can prepare new version, with fix for this

No it's a low powered box so it's never off
(2018-03-13, 21:30)tkislan Wrote:
(2018-03-13, 20:07)komplex Wrote:
This might be related to the issue, that fetching and indexing of the video library happens after first 20 seconds of running. So this should only be related if you always turnOff/turnOn the Kodi.
 For me, I exit Kodi when I'm done watching stuff.  Still, I love what you're doing with this.   Thank you!
  • 9(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Amazon Echo Alexa Video Skill for Kodi8