• 3(current)
Beta Night
yea, id love to try this skin out, does it have logo view for movies and shows and maybe a logo type view for music?
i love kodi
Quote:Any updates on when a previewof the skin will be available or do you have a GitHub repo, etc?
As soon as possible ... Yes, there will be a github repo for the skin (actually, there already is a Night v1 repo which I released 2,5 years ago but this older version of the skin won't work with KODI, so to avoid confusion I haven't posted any github links yet). 

Quote:I have worked with Marcel on the Titan Skin so I have to admit that I am eager to try out your skin, check out the code, all that geeky stuff etc.
Sure, feel free to go through the code and ask me anything once it's available. There might be some surprises like the fact that a lot of my skin xml code is generated with scripts and templates in order to make some of the cool stuff even possible.
Quote:oh and what is the font you are using?  I've seen it just can't place it... thanks
Nothing special here, free to use / opensource fonts with good language support :

Lato & Noto (Thin/Light/Regular/Black)
Roboto (Condensed)
DejaVuSans
(optional) Noto CJK for full glyph support
Quote:yea, id love to try this skin out, does it have logo view for movies and shows and maybe a logo type view for music?
If by logo, you mean "clearart", then yes ... Also, all 15 viewmodes will be "universal", so every content type (tv, movie, album, artist, episode, ..) should work with every viewmode.
Woohooo!!! Wink
I'm almost afraid to ask, but do you have a release date for this, I think, beautiful skin?
I know it's asked a lot of times before and I don't want to rush anything. I only hope that you are still working on it.
Thanks in advance.
(2018-03-13, 21:08)Aaiemron Wrote: I'm almost afraid to ask, but do you have a release date for this, I think, beautiful skin?
I know it's asked a lot of times before and I don't want to rush anything. I only hope that you are still working on it.
Thanks in advance.
No worries! I've been rather busy with some other stuff/work, but I should have a lot more spare time in the next few days. 
Anyway, I already fixed some major problems since my last post, so only a few small issues are left.

I will post an update with an expected release date this weekend.
YES!!!!! Smile
(2018-03-14, 18:48)bkury Wrote:
(2018-03-13, 21:08)Aaiemron Wrote: I'm almost afraid to ask, but do you have a release date for this, I think, beautiful skin?
Thanks in advance.
No worries! I've been rather busy with some other stuff/work, but I should have a lot more spare time in the next few days. 
Anyway, I already fixed some major problems since my last post, so only a few small issues are left.

I will post an update with an expected release date this weekend. 
 Just saw this - finally decided to migrate to Leia this weekend so that would be cool hehe Smile
Just a quick update:

Everything is looking good. No more odd client crashes with the latest KODI version and so far everything seems to be stable, so I dare to say :
ETA (Development Release): March 30th

This should give me enough time to fix and improve outstanding issues. I will post another update on Thursday ...
(2018-03-19, 20:34)bkury Wrote: Just a quick update:

Everything is looking good. No more odd client crashes with the latest KODI version and so far everything seems to be stable, so I dare to say :

This should give me enough time to fix and improve outstanding issues. I will post another update on Thursday ...
Great. Thanks for the update. I'm looking forward to it.
(2018-03-19, 20:34)bkury Wrote: Just a quick update:

Thanks for the update.

Obviously there are eager folks waiting but it will be ready when it's ready - no rush.  Just thanks and anticipation! Smile
Its past 30th March Big Grin
he didn't say the year Rofl
INTEL: Celeron - UHD 610 | KODI: 18.3
(2018-04-03, 15:59)3500 Wrote: he didn't say the year Rofl
 Exactly  Cool

Just kidding, a major issue came up which I'm trying to fix right now ....

It looks like a weird KODI issue, so I might need a KODI developer to take a look at it.
But even if I can't fix it within the next ~24 hours I'm going to release the dev version anyway

Again, sorry for the delay ...
[oh me],

[oh my].

tease us with one screenshot please!!
INTEL: Celeron - UHD 610 | KODI: 18.3
WARNING:

Only use this alpha/development release if you REALLY, REALLY want to test this skin now and you don't want to wait until there is a fix or workaround for this KODI problem. You can follow the discussion here: https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=330522

In short, this skin exceeds two KODI GUI limits which basically breaks the skin when using it after some minutes or even seconds (text, screen and/or textures won't render anymore). I have already removed some features / variables to make it more stable but without a proper KODI fix there isn't much else I can do about it ...

Mapping "ReloadSkin()" to a key is therefore necessary if you don't want to constantly restart KODI, howto can be found here: https://kodi.wiki/view/First_skin_tutorial

There is no need to report any skin issues at this point but suggestions/comments about this skin or features are always welcome ...

Direct Download: skin.night-v2.1-dev.zip

I need to get some sleep ...
  • 3(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Night6