• 379(current)
Kodi DSPlayer – DirectShow Player for Windows
Thank you but you can not only just consider those factors.. I guess.. You also need to consider other factors like.. How big is your screen? in my case 120" 16:9 and how far do you sit from the screen in order to notice any actual difference between full HD and 4K?.. in my case 5.5 meters.. It's not aways about how much you value watching movie's and how deep your pockets are..

I fully agree that HDR is phenomenal however we are still at the early stages and may be better holding off another year or two that's all I'm saying really... Thanks for the input though... [emoji106]
you'll probably have to drop to NGU medium when you go 4k, if you dont enable DIRECT3D11 in madvr with RX cards your projector wont go into HDR mode this is required.
Thank you.. It is already enables however I have the options copy back selected.. Die I need to change that to d3d11? Thanks
Hello,

I wanted to know what is better between Dsplayer and MPC-HC with madvr as external player (https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=209596) ? I don't really understand the difference.

Thanks !
(2018-03-14, 13:16)Katakysmyk Wrote: Hello,

I wanted to know what is better between Dsplayer and MPC-HC with madvr as external player (https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=209596) ? I don't really understand the difference.

Thanks !
 In terms of output, they should be identical.
The main difference is, using DSPlayer u just don't lose the Kodi Interface, cause everything's like if it was played inside Kodi itself.
HTPC
Silverstone Grandia GD05 - Intel i5 3570k -Asus H61M-G Micro-ATX - Unidad Blu-ray
MSI GTX970 4GB GDDR5 - 8 GB RAM DDR3 - AVR Denon X3400H Atmos - LG  OLED 55C7V
(2018-03-14, 12:59)mkohman Wrote: Thank you.. It is already enables however I have the options copy back selected.. Die I need to change that to d3d11? Thanks
 leave it on copyback for now.
Thanks for that.. So why do some people choose external player? Why bother? Isn't it more hassle? Thanks..
Thank you.. [emoji106]
(2018-03-14, 13:41)vicmanpergar Wrote:
(2018-03-14, 13:16)Katakysmyk Wrote: Hello,

Thanks !
 In terms of output, they should be identical.
The main difference is, using DSPlayer u just don't lose the Kodi Interface, cause everything's like if it was played inside Kodi itself. 
Okay ! Thanks I will go with DSPlayer then.
(2018-03-14, 13:50)mkohman Wrote: Thanks for that.. So why do some people choose external player? Why bother? Isn't it more hassle? Thanks..
 I cant think of any need for an external player with KODI DS, some people however use an external player with stock KODI for 3D playback for instance, I used to do it that way before I discovered DS.

DS rocks !
Couldn't agree with you more.. DS is amazing.. I absolutely love it...Thank you to the creators and developers.. Look forward to the new version.. [emoji108][emoji106]

By the way. How you getting on with the new card? Hope all working well [emoji108]
mine hasnt arrived yet, i'm only expecting a moderate uprade to processing power so I probably wont report back unless I see something interesting.
Cool.. All the best
[emoji106][emoji106]
(2018-03-14, 15:06)mclingo Wrote:
(2018-03-14, 13:50)mkohman Wrote: Thanks for that.. So why do some people choose external player? Why bother? Isn't it more hassle? Thanks..
 I cant think of any need for an external player with KODI DS, some people however use an external player with stock KODI for 3D playback for instance, I used to do it that way before I discovered DS.

DS rocks !  
 I can think of few:

Menus for 2D, 3D and 4k HDR for those who prefer their experience is identical, when using files, to using a dedicated player with the physical disc.  (iso complete 1:1 rips)

After playing 4k HDR and returning to SDR mode, 3D stereoscopic disables with Nvidia.  Not sure about others?  It must be manually enabled before 3D playback again.  To automate this, simple code is inserted before playback.  DSPlayer cannot insert custom codes afaik. (.bats)

For those who prefer to launch additional advantageous software when a title starts, automated.  (.bats)

For those who prefer to use the official KODI release or any official KODI alpha, beta, or RC such as those who have been using v.18 x64 for over a year.  DSPlayer is no longer under development afaik.  The original author abandoned it afaik and requires someone to recompile it to keep up with official KODI from time to time as they see fit or time and ambition allows.  Whether or not DSPlayer will always be compatible is a consideration.  Other forked versions of KODI have already stated they will not be upgraded to v.18.  DSPlayer is over 6000 commits behind the official KODI according to Git.

Currently, to play every file type to its fullest extent, 3 players are required excluding KODI's videoplayer which is pretty limited but still attempting more versatility.  1 is freeware, 2 cost money.... about $15 or less on Ebay for both.

For those who prefer complete control of which titles and/or formats are automatically default assigned to various players in order to maximize efficiency and/or quality.  Fwiw, imo, there is no difference in quality madVR + external player such as DS vs DVDFab Player when decoding 4k HDR for example.  One provides complete disc interaction mimicking a physical disc and one doesn't though.

madVR, a dependency of DSPlayer, is compatible with many players and these various players all provide different experiences based on user preference and compatibility with unique existing environments although DSPlayer 'appears' more seamless.  Not to be confused that external players are not seamless as well.

There are other reasons but these are some of the differences, not that any would be considered, "needed" especially for those that prefer tailoring their limited rips to conform with limitations of players rather than the other way around.... tailoring their players to conform with unlimited rips.

There is no doubt DSPlayer is a great method for what it is though and popularity proves this.  Glad it is an additional alternative for enthusiasts.
HOW TO - Kodi 2D - 3D - UHD (4k) HDR Guide Internal & External Players iso menus
DIY HOME THEATER WIND EFFECT

W11 Pro 24H2 MPC-BE\HC madVR KODI 22 GTX960-4GB/RGB 4:4:4/Desktop 60Hz 8bit Video Matched Refresh rates 23,24,50,60Hz 8/10/12bit/Samsung 82" Q90R Denon S720W
fair enough, I personally prefer the all in one player, much less hassle and I haven't found anything DS/MADVR doesnt play nice with yet, maybe i'm just lucky.
  • 379(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi DSPlayer – DirectShow Player for Windows47