• 100(current)
Beta Spotify for Kodi
Check if you have all this modules in your install, maybe is one dependencie issue
Code:
        <import addon="xbmc.python" version="2.1.0"/>
        <import addon="xbmc.addon" version="12.0.0"/>
        <import addon="script.module.requests" version="2.3.0"/>
        <import addon="script.module.simplejson" version="3.3.0"/>
        <import addon="script.module.simplecache" version="1.0.0"/>
        <import addon="script.module.cherrypy" version="11.0.0"/>
        <import addon="script.module.metadatautils" version="1.0.0"/>
MediaBrazil forum Website - Youtube Channel
MQ9-1.6.0.29 - 09.15.2023 - Aeon MQ Skin Team
MarcosQui Website Donate and support us.
Thanks for the advice, I have checked and I have all of those installed.
(2018-02-11, 01:17)foxstefano Wrote: I made some test in Win10. The plugin works perfectly in the "classic" installation of Kodi 17.x. The problem is in the UWP version of Kodi (installed from Windows Store): login works, but the plugin crashes everytime I try to play a song and shows a popup "Spotty.exe stopped working". I think it's related to the different path of Kodi's user data folder.
 I get the same in a classic windows 10 install. This message even pops up sometimes when I don't even use the spotify addon and just watch a movie or do something else in kodi.
Just installed this today, it looks like it handles the basics ok but I found the setup a little flaky.
Specifically when you're trying to enter your account info you get assaulted with popups about how there are no credentials (well duh, I haven't tried to enter them yet) and when you enter an invalid username/password (as I did initially -had CAPS on by mistake) it constantly crashes spotty.exe so you get those popups too. Just some suggestions from a UI perspective, otherwise thanks for the work on the plugin
Hi ! Thanks for this nice addon !

I'm wondering what is the default streaming quality in this add ?
Is this add-on still being developed?
Hi,

i'm using your plugin on Kodi 17.6 on a FireTV stick. Everything is working as expected, except that i have to canstantly authenticate my account using the browser. The log shows the following:

plugin.audio.spotify --> Exception in plugin_content ! --> http status: 401, code:-1 - https://api.spotify.com/v1/me/: The access token expired

I haven't found a solution for this problem yet. Tried with version 46 and 48(from Github) of your plugin.

Thank you for your great work!
Hi,

Spotify plugin stop working for me few days ago. I'm not sure about the root cause. I upgraded to 'spotify family', but not sure it is related somehow.

Here is my kodi.log with spotty Debug = True
https://pastebin.com/tU0HEHFf

When spotty launch, i get an exception :
Quote:20:08:15.215 T:1684939520  NOTICE: plugin.audio.spotify --> Logged in to Spotify - Username: xxx
20:08:15.217 T:1131410176  NOTICE: plugin.audio.spotify --> Start Spotify Connect Daemon
20:08:16.557 T:1131410176  NOTICE: plugin.audio.spotify --> thread 'main' panicked at 'called `Result::unwrap()` on an `Err` value: WireError(InvalidEnumValue(13))', /checkout/src/libcore/result.rs:859
Run with `RUST_BACKTRACE=1` for a backtrace.

I tried to get more info with RUST_BACKTRACE = 1, but stacktrace is empty

I found this issue on librespot: https://github.com/librespot-org/librespot/issues/175
And it seems related to an update on spotify side.

I also tried with the last version (1.1.48) from github, but issue is still there.

Did anyone get the same issue ?

ps: Thx for your great work, i use your plugin every day!
(2018-03-03, 14:21)joostzilla Wrote: Is this add-on still being developed?
 I hope so, but @"marcelveldt" was last seen online 2017-11-30, 23:27, so I wouldn't count on it.
There is still some activity on github

https://github.com/marcelveldt/plugin.audio.spotify
Hi all

(new here)

I have installed the latest version today (1.1.46) on RPI3 + OSMC + Kodi latest (17.6) but unfortunately I have encountered the dreaded 2.40 min problem (play stops after 2.40, CPU goes very high for few seconds then system skips to next song and everything happens again in a loop Smile ).

I have tried to debug it more and saw that basically the spotty-muslhf process seems to die after getting the first part of the song (seen as <defunct> in ps axufw) and once kodi wants to buffer some more data (around minute 2:20-2:30) multiple such pspotty-muslhf processes get spawned FOR THE SAME TRACK and they consume A LOT OF CPU. Due to that apparently the curl cannot get the data anymore (a tcpdump shows TCP Window 0 messages as the system cannot cope with the curl transfer) and then.. well everything dies and we start again with the next song.

I was able to find a workaround though! apparently on RPI the kodi cache is around 20MB (which I understand means it consumes 60MB of RAM, don't ask me why, ask https://kodi.wiki/view/Video_cache).
I modified that value to be 80MB (which I guess will consume 240MB but I  did NOT yet see that, memory consumption is the same) but it works, play does not stop anymore! Well,. maybe for songs more than 10minutes it will, but I don't listen much to those.

Here's my /home/osmc/.kodi/userdata/advancedsettings.xml if you want to try:

osmc@osmc:~/.kodi/userdata$ cat advancedsettings.xml
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<advancedsettings>
        <network>
                <autodetectpingtime>30</autodetectpingtime>
                <curlclienttimeout>10</curlclienttimeout>
                <curllowspeedtime>3</curllowspeedtime>
                <curlretries>3</curlretries>
                <disableipv6>true</disableipv6>
<!--            <cachemembuffersize>0</cachemembuffersize> -->
        </network>
        <cache>
                <buffermode>1</buffermode>
                 <memorysize>80971520</memorysize>
                 <readfactor>10</readfactor>
        </cache>
</advancedsettings>

I have also modified some of the CURL variables above (default timeout was 5, def speedtime was 1 (I also saw messages related to this when the issue happens), curlretries was 2). Anyway, not sure about the CURL variables and I don't think they are related, I think it's related with the memorysize value which was about 20000000. Try it, maybe it will work for you.

If that is indeed the cause (cannot test now more on this),  then the exact 2:40 timemark might be caused by the default kodi value for the buffer on RPI systems. I mean not caused but that may be a factor, the issue still seems to be related with spotty-muslhf doing something wrong somewhere but it's a binary, not much I can investigate there. The multiple <defunct> spotty-muslhf children of kodi.bin do not look good though...

Curious if that helps anyone.

adixor
Oh by the way, many thanks to @marcelveldt  for all the work he has put on this!
Hi,
at first also many thanks to @marcelveldt for his work!
I have the plugin running but it does not show up as spotify connect target. I turned on debug logging, what I found was this:

23:34:01.514 T:139674707695360   DEBUG: plugin.audio.spotify --> thread 'main' panicked at 'called `Result::unwrap()` on an `Err` value: WireError(InvalidEnumValue(13))', /checkout/src/libcore/result.rs:859
23:34:01.514 T:139674707695360   DEBUG: plugin.audio.spotify --> note: Run with `RUST_BACKTRACE=1` for a backtrace.
23:34:04.331 T:139675012327168   DEBUG: Version Check: Version installed {u'major': 17, u'tag': u'stable', u'minor': 6, u'revision': u'20171114-a9a7a20'}

Does somebody has a hint what to try ? I would love navigating through the Android app on the tablet and play on kodi (which is connected to my audio system).

Thanks..

System: OpenSuSE Leap 42.3, x86_64, Kodi 17.6
Thanks for this great add-on!
Hi Alan, did you find a solution for this issue regarding apple tv and Spotify??
  • 100(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Spotify for Kodi17