• 32(current)
BOX
(2017-10-15, 11:13)midros Wrote: Hi all

great skin just what I was looking for, I think it is the only skin that works well with a touch screen although it is not very easy to go "up" or "back" through menus

but I have a question (problem)

Using a touchscreen and not a keyboard is there a way to go to the "now playing" screen?. This is the only way to control what is playing. If something is played (other than video) you can't even stop it.

Future requests:
I.  an easy way to go back to home screen or navigate through menu levels
II.  a way to control sound volume

Ah yes, this is missing for a Pure touchscreen setup. I will add this.
Hey,

I like that Skin very much! It runs on my android box. It's clear, fast and fluent. Very good work! <3

But there is still one thing missing or I didn't get how to do it: I want to launch android apps. In the xperience1080 Skin I can link the tiles with my favourites - is it possible to do with the box skin, too? Also I already tried to replace the content of
xml:
<setting id="SubMenu3Tile2.Path" type="string">
in the settings.xml with
xml:
StartAndroidActivity( &quot;path.to.application&quot; )
but that didn't work - but that would have been too easy to be the solution Big Grin

//edit:
I've got it! It works after changing the Type to "Favourite":
xml:
<setting id="SubMenu3Tile2.Type" type="string">Favourite</setting>
I really, really like your skin.  Excellent work!  There are two or three things I wonder if I could talk you into putting in.

1)  When adding an action for a menu, and you select a custom video addon...would you make it where you can drill down to a further category?  For example, if the addon has a category for Documentaries, be able to select it rather than it only loading the homepage of the addon?

2)  Please enable the skin to use Extended Info Mod.  When I bring up the context menu and select Information, it shows a different info setup, which can't seem to find actors for me.  Plus, I like Extended Info Mod a lot.  Any chance you'd be willing to add a button to the...I can't think of the word...seekbar maybe?...when you have a video paused, and you press enter...that...  Big Grin  to show Extended Info Mod (or your current info if the user wishes, depending on a setting) from there too?

3)  One of the things I like so much about your skin is the time/date/weather display everywhere.  I really like how it looks and it's very easy to read.  When you pause a video, it already shows the time up at the top.  I'd like to see the weather up there too.  I'm fine to let go of the date in there.  Smile

It doesn't seem like a skin would really have an impact on this, but your skin is faster for me than the one I have been using when browsing a video addon that pulls info from Trakt.  I really don't understand why it would be.  Seems like the slowness there would be from reading in the info.  But, somehow, it is.  I love it for that!  Really great work.  I hope you'll consider my requests and be able to add them before too long.  Big Grin  Thank you!
(2017-12-11, 01:34)JanMann Wrote: Hey,

I like that Skin very much! It runs on my android box. It's clear, fast and fluent. Very good work! <3

But there is still one thing missing or I didn't get how to do it: I want to launch android apps. In the xperience1080 Skin I can link the tiles with my favourites - is it possible to do with the box skin, too? Also I already tried to replace the content of
xml:
<setting id="SubMenu3Tile2.Path" type="string">
in the settings.xml with
xml:
StartAndroidActivity( &quot;path.to.application&quot; )
but that didn't work - but that would have been too easy to be the solution Big Grin

//edit:
I've got it! It works after changing the Type to "Favourite":
xml:
<setting id="SubMenu3Tile2.Type" type="string">Favourite</setting>

What you want is supported by the skin, through then Home Menu Customization Window.

​​​​​​Go To Settings > Interface > Skin > Configure Skin > Home > Customize Home Menu

Then select the Menu and Tile that you want to change.

Then select the Army Swiss Knife Icon to setup a custom tile.

Then Select "Favourite" ( you have to scroll down to see it). There you can select any of your favorites to become a tile.
(2017-12-16, 14:07)mystik Wrote: I really, really like your skin.  Excellent work!  There are two or three things I wonder if I could talk you into putting in.

1)  When adding an action for a menu, and you select a custom video addon...would you make it where you can drill down to a further category?  For example, if the addon has a category for Documentaries, be able to select it rather than it only loading the homepage of the addon?

2)  Please enable the skin to use Extended Info Mod.  When I bring up the context menu and select Information, it shows a different info setup, which can't seem to find actors for me.  Plus, I like Extended Info Mod a lot.  Any chance you'd be willing to add a button to the...I can't think of the word...seekbar maybe?...when you have a video paused, and you press enter...that...  Big Grin  to show Extended Info Mod (or your current info if the user wishes, depending on a setting) from there too?

3)  One of the things I like so much about your skin is the time/date/weather display everywhere.  I really like how it looks and it's very easy to read.  When you pause a video, it already shows the time up at the top.  I'd like to see the weather up there too.  I'm fine to let go of the date in there.  Smile

It doesn't seem like a skin would really have an impact on this, but your skin is faster for me than the one I have been using when browsing a video addon that pulls info from Trakt.  I really don't understand why it would be.  Seems like the slowness there would be from reading in the info.  But, somehow, it is.  I love it for that!  Really great work.  I hope you'll consider my requests and be able to add them before too long.  Big Grin  Thank you!
1) To do this you drill down your addon and make your desired inner addon category as a favourite. Then you can assign that favourite as a custom tile via the Home Menu Customization Windows (see previous post)

2) The cast not showing up on Movies seems to be a Kodi issue, this works fine for Tv Shows. Try it and see. I am sure the kodi guys will solve this.

3) Yes, that would be nice. I will add it.
(2017-10-15, 11:13)midros Wrote: Hi all

great skin just what I was looking for, I think it is the only skin that works well with a touch screen although it is not very easy to go "up" or "back" through menus

but I have a question (problem)

Using a touchscreen and not a keyboard is there a way to go to the "now playing" screen?. This is the only way to control what is playing. If something is played (other than video) you can't even stop it.

Future requests:
I.  an easy way to go back to home screen or navigate through menu levels
II.  a way to control sound volume

I have added some touchscreen controls and they will be available with the next update ( in a couple of days). 

You should also know, that kodi itself supports some gesture controls and that this can be configured to suit your needs. 

Take a look at:
http://kodi.wiki/view/Touch_controls
Hi DjCisco, I assume the new touchscreen controls are the 'Home' and 'Back' icon in the top left of the screen? Any chance of making these visible or hidden through a skin preference option? I'm not a massive fan of having extraneous icons on display which I don't use and as a non-touch user, I'd prefer them to be hidden.

Thanks!
I will second the option to hide. Thanks.
(2018-01-14, 23:40)mystik Wrote: I will second the option to hide. Thanks.
 yes, that seems to be appropriate
. Will do on the next update.
Hi @DjCisco. I've been using your skin for a long time now, and still think it's great Smile
However I wanted to start using Kodi 18 on my nvidia shield, and saw that BOX is not available for Leia yet.
Any idea if/when we can expect Kodi 18 support?

Thanks for the great work!
(2018-02-01, 16:17)Trickass Wrote: Hi @DjCisco. I've been using your skin for a long time now, and still think it's great Smile
However I wanted to start using Kodi 18 on my nvidia shield, and saw that BOX is not available for Leia yet.
Any idea if/when we can expect Kodi 18 support?

Thanks for the great work!
I will start Kodi Leia Development on March. Next Week, So Im guessing beginning or mid of March.
(2018-02-06, 00:40)DjCisco Wrote: I will start Kodi Leia Development on March. Next Week, So Im guessing beginning or mid of March.

Awesome! Thanks @DjCisco
Hey mate,

Love your skin, just have one question. I prefer the yellow theme colour, however when I scroll through a widget displaying the recent movies or episodes then the colour reverts to the default colour. When I exit the widget it again displays the correct theme (in this case the yellow theme). Any solution to this?

Anyway thanks for your hard work!
(2018-01-11, 23:35)DjCisco Wrote: I have added some touchscreen controls and they will be available with the next update ( in a couple of days). 

You should also know, that kodi itself supports some gesture controls and that this can be configured to suit your needs. 

Take a look at:
http://kodi.wiki/view/Touch_controls 
1. I saw them they are great thanks a lot

2. I know there are but I never thought they could be configured. I guess I 'll try to make a shortcut to the 'nowplaying' screen by gesture control.

thanks again
keep up the good work
(2018-03-21, 22:53)Guidokus Wrote: Hey mate,

Love your skin, just have one question. I prefer the yellow theme colour, however when I scroll through a widget displaying the recent movies or episodes then the colour reverts to the default colour. When I exit the widget it again displays the correct theme (in this case the yellow theme). Any solution to this?

Anyway thanks for your hard work!

I will check this, it shouldn't behave like that.
  • 32(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
BOX17