• 25(current)
Win HOW TO - Configure a Logitech Harmony Remote for Kodi
(2017-04-25, 01:49)ozzyc Wrote: hey,
I am trying to control kodi on a raspberry pi 3 with a harmony 900 and an HP 5187-4593 receiver
the only thing that i cant seem to get to work is the backspace and ESC keys which means any time im in a menu i cant get out of it but USB keyboard connected works just fine
I have read that the MCE keyboard is sending 'MCE backspace' instead of a keyboard backspace though i found that in a very old post and am not sure if that still is an issue or not. I am using the Logitech Harmony Remote Software 7.7.1 and when editing the MCE keyboard all I see is button Backspace is mapped to command Backspace, nothing specifies MCE or not
I have tried to do some searching but haven't found much info that I understood
anybody that can point me in the right direction?

thanks

I have a pi3 and the same HP receiver, the only difference to you is I have a harmony touch.
I don't have any issues at all with menu navigation. In myharmony software I searched for the HP receiver and set that as device, and every thing just works.
nice!!!!
Hi all.

I got a Windows 10 machine with Kodi on.

I got a VRC-1100.

I want to turn on the machine with ALT+P (Yes the lenovo can this) Smile

And i want to shut down the machine when i turn everything off.

How can i do that?

Regards Daniel and thanks
Video 
(2015-03-08, 06:30)Warner306 Wrote: Logitech Harmony Remote Configuration Guide – Kodi
......lease share your experiences with various IR receiver models and Windows 10. I don't want to recommend any IR receiver with poor driver compatibility or impaired function....

With Kodi 17 Play Stop and pause don´t work anymore on Harmony 650. In Windows 10 Film-app it work. I have the receiver to the original Microsoft TV remote.

(2017-06-05, 22:08)idgforum Wrote:
(2015-03-08, 06:30)Warner306 Wrote: Logitech Harmony Remote Configuration Guide – Kodi
......lease share your experiences with various IR receiver models and Windows 10. I don't want to recommend any IR receiver with poor driver compatibility or impaired function....

With Kodi 17 Play Stop and pause don´t work anymore on Harmony 650. In Windows 10 Film-app it work. I have the receiver to the original Microsoft TV remote.

Did it work with Kodi 16?
(2017-04-25, 18:49)Warner306 Wrote:
(2017-04-24, 20:27)SWANjr Wrote: Hi,guys,can you answer me.I got harmony 650 & IR reciver Xenta SE340D with remote.I have teach harmony without any problem.BUT I using 2 displays(monitor and TV),and my problem is focus window.when my wife using Windows -harmony use focus window(not Kodi).Are your setting in topic have the same problem,or my harmony will work only with program Kodi and don't using windows.
PS.sorry for my English! I'm from Russia)))Smile
Windows 10 Pro\Xenta SE340D\Harmony 650

I am not sure what you are asking.

Hello!

I think I understand what SWANjr means as I have the same problem.

The situation is that I have a Win 10 PC with Kodi installed and hooked to a PC monitor and a TV at the same time. I would like to use the machnie for watching movies with Kodi and being able to use the PC anything else (eg. browsing) at the same time. I can start Kodi on my TV leaving the monitor ffor other things. The problem is that I try to use my Harmony 650 to control Kodi. If I only have Kodi running there is no problem, the receiver gets the signals from my Harmony and does everything I want. But when my wife wants to use the PC for browsing while I watch anything with Kodi the focus is on the monitor so Kodi does no react to any keys from Kodi.

I have tried eventghost (with plugins MCE remote and XBMC2) but it only shows keypresses in the log if Harmony is configured in MyHarmony software with MCE keyboard which means the Harmony is sending signals translated to keyboard keypresses resulting nothing in the eventghost log. The latter means I cannot drag the desired command in the eventghost.

I hope it is a little clearer now and I would really appreciate any help from you guys! Thank you in advance!
(2017-03-21, 01:02)delboy666 Wrote: Hey i have a question, I use kodi to watch live tv. does anyone have any idea how i can use the favourite channels feature on my harmony ultimate? I have been looking for a way to start live tv from a keyboard shortcut but not having any luck. any advice would be useful. Thanks.

I just did this and I'm sharing this as quickly as I can type because I need to run out and mow the lawn before it rains.

So: Here's how I did it on a Harmony 600. I'm sure these steps will be different, but I can't imagine your fancy remote has less features than my cheapy one.

I think you have 2 problems: 1) Getting favorite channels and 2) Launching Live TV with the remote. I'll tackle these separately.

1) Getting favorite channels. I can't add them normally because my tv app (HDhomerun) weirdly uses a down-arrow for the period in OTA channels. This is what I did: Launch myharmony app. Go to edit buttons and choose "Watch TV" (or whatever you named the activity) in the part for editing the screen. On the left you'll see a selection area for commands. There's also a tab for sequences. Select this.

Name the label for your favorite channel (eg. "Fox") and keep adding steps in the sequence. For me it looked like this:

Device=Windows Media Center SE + Command=4
Device=Windows Media Center SE + Command=5
Device=Windows Media Center SE + Command=DirectionDown
Device=Windows Media Center SE + Command=1

It looks like that because the sequence is 4, then 5, then down arrow (that puts the "." in for my HDHomerun), then 1.

Then I hit save and drag the sequence onto my screen. I only had a couple -- I wanted CBS, Fox and NBC to jump quickly from channel to channel during football season. It's a pain to put in, but it works. Add an "enter" at the end of the sequence if your app requires it; mine doesn't.

2) Launching live tv. I downloaded the keymap editor addon (in programs). The I went to global and near the bottom was an entry for addons. I selected the HDHomerun app and when it asked for a key to assign to it I held up my remote and pressed the record key. Then I backed out until it asked me to save.

Now the record key launches the tv app. You can use some other unused key if you need record for some reason.

You can also edit your "Watch TV" activity to include the record command (or whatever you used) to automatically launch your app when you press the Watch TV button. Quick tip, put the command in twice in a row to deactivate the screen saver if you leave your pc on all the time like me. Otherwise the command goes through but only stops the screensaver.

I had another bizarre step that required an even more bizarre workaround to do first because for some reason my remote wasn't sending any numbers to Kodi, but hopefully you won't have that problem.
Logitech Harmony firmware upgrade to v4.13.100 seems to have broken IR to my PC, which runs Kodi. Let me explain.

The official Harmony app on Android auto-updated last night. As a result a message was displayed on the app saying "Harmony Hub firmware must by upgraded to be compatible with this version of the app". OK, I thought. Shouldn't be an issue. So I ran the Sync option in the app, according to the documentation also forces a firmware upgrade on the hub. The hub upgraded to v4.13.100, released July 27, 2017.

Now, none of the IR commands from the hub to the PC work anymore. Nothing happens. TV controls fine. But the PC is silent. All of this worked perfect literally minutes before the firmware upgrade. Nothing has changed on the PC/TV side. IR in PC has a Microsoft eHome Infrared Transceiver, Nuvoton SIO CIR NTN0530.

I've tried deleting the old device and re-adding it as the following Manufacturer/Model pairs, nothing works.
  • Microsoft/MCE Keyboard
  • Microsoft/Windows Media Center SE
  • Microsoft/Kodi *
  • Computer/Windows
None of those devices can get IR to the PC working again. I can't downgrade the app (can't find older versions) and downgrading the hub seems impossible as well (again, can't find old version of the firmware). Anyone else see or are experiencing this?

* Note: Harmony seems to have REMOVED IR support for this device (Microsoft/Kodi) in this firmware build. All their "older" docs say it is supported, but if you set this pair, a warning about "IR not supported, please use Bluetooth" (or something like that) is displayed.
(2015-03-08, 06:30)Warner306 Wrote: This guide is dedicated to configuring a Logitech Harmony remote to control Kodi Entertainment Center. Set up is specific to Windows. Linux users should start here before visiting this thread dealing with Harmony remotes. Mac users should rely on set up from this thread.

What about Android Users? Does exist a Guide how to setup a Harmony for a Android TV Box?
System: Nvidia Shield TV Pro 2019 | Kodi Version: v19.4 Matrix | Skin: Aeon MQ7 Mod
I have the ORtek VRC-1100 remote and the Microsoft All-in-one Media keyboard hooked up to my media Kodi PC using the Harmony 650 remote.

I added the the ORtek VRC-1100 to my harmony 650 remote without any issues. Now I want to add some keyboard shortcuts to my Harmony 650 for Kodi (e.g. t for subtitles toggle), so I added the Microsoft MCE Keyboard to my harmony devices, but none of the keyboard shortcuts work.

Is there a way to add the Microsoft All-in-one Media keyboard to my Harmony 650?
(2017-08-14, 00:54)jvitalis Wrote: I have the ORtek VRC-1100 remote and the Microsoft All-in-one Media keyboard hooked up to my media Kodi PC using the Harmony 650 remote.

I added the the ORtek VRC-1100 to my harmony 650 remote without any issues. Now I want to add some keyboard shortcuts to my Harmony 650 for Kodi (e.g. t for subtitles toggle), so I added the Microsoft MCE Keyboard to my harmony devices, but none of the keyboard shortcuts work.

Is there a way to add the Microsoft All-in-one Media keyboard to my Harmony 650?

Does the keyboard use an IR receiver? Try Microsoft: all-in-one media keyboard.
Rather than waiting for Logitech to release an updated firmware fix for this, I've been playing with settings for the past week. I now have a work around for this issue that has allowed connectivity back to my system.

Instead of using the usual list of devices as in the first post, add a new device that is the actual manufacturer and model of your computer (Don't know why I didn't think of this earlier). For me, I had to add a new manufacturer of "ASRock" and a model of "Vision 3D 252B". Reset the activities to use this new device, sync settings and bingo.. everything starts working again.

Something changed with firmware v4.13.100 to stop the normal way of setting things up to no longer function. This still needs to be fixed by Logitech.

Hope this helps others.

(2017-08-05, 16:51)rrrevin Wrote: Logitech Harmony firmware upgrade to v4.13.100 seems to have broken IR to my PC, which runs Kodi. Let me explain.

The official Harmony app on Android auto-updated last night. As a result a message was displayed on the app saying "Harmony Hub firmware must by upgraded to be compatible with this version of the app". OK, I thought. Shouldn't be an issue. So I ran the Sync option in the app, according to the documentation also forces a firmware upgrade on the hub. The hub upgraded to v4.13.100, released July 27, 2017.

Now, none of the IR commands from the hub to the PC work anymore. Nothing happens. TV controls fine. But the PC is silent. All of this worked perfect literally minutes before the firmware upgrade. Nothing has changed on the PC/TV side. IR in PC has a Microsoft eHome Infrared Transceiver, Nuvoton SIO CIR NTN0530.

I've tried deleting the old device and re-adding it as the following Manufacturer/Model pairs, nothing works.
  • Microsoft/MCE Keyboard
  • Microsoft/Windows Media Center SE
  • Microsoft/Kodi *
  • Computer/Windows
None of those devices can get IR to the PC working again. I can't downgrade the app (can't find older versions) and downgrading the hub seems impossible as well (again, can't find old version of the firmware). Anyone else see or are experiencing this?

* Note: Harmony seems to have REMOVED IR support for this device (Microsoft/Kodi) in this firmware build. All their "older" docs say it is supported, but if you set this pair, a warning about "IR not supported, please use Bluetooth" (or something like that) is displayed.
Can anyone confirm if the instructions in this guide still work in 2018? A lack of support for the devices (e.g. MCE Keyboard) listed by Harmony has been mentioned. Is this still the case? I haven't had to reprogram either of my remotes, so they are still working fine.
Lightbulb 
(2018-03-25, 19:47)Warner306 Wrote: Can anyone confirm if the instructions in this guide still work in 2018? A lack of support for the devices (e.g. MCE Keyboard) listed by Harmony has been mentioned. Is this still the case? I haven't had to reprogram either of my remotes, so they are still working fine.
 I'll try to let you know. After 7 years, I'm building-up a new Windows-10 box with Kodi-v17.x . I came here looking for a new definitive guide. For some reason, I always dread this "remote control setup" part of the build. I would not mind doing a build-thread, but I didn't really see anyone doing those here.

First, thanks for writing this up. If nothing else, it gives users a good starting point (but it appears to provide much more).

The box I'm replacing is Kodi-v16, with a MCE/eHome/RC6 Remote (and it's matching USB_IR-Dongle). According to my notes, I got the RC6 Remote working. For the Harmony-670, you setup a "Windows MCE Computer" ...basically it emulates the other RC6 remote.

For this new box, I thought that maybe everyone moved to a new IR standard (and I could just go to Amazon and buy something that would make it easier). However, if this guide is still definitive, it's still as complicated as ever (no offence) . For reference, I used EventGhost on MediaPortal with an Ortek, back in-the-day ... talk about kludgy .  Smile That took forever to get just right.
HTPC: Intel e6600 dual-core, ATI 5670 (HDMI), Gefen HDMI Detective Plus, Synology 12tb RAID-5 NAS
Software: Windows-10 Pro, Kodi v16.1
Home Theater: Onkyo 607 AVR, Epson 8350 Projector, Apple-TV4, BD-60 BluRay, Cisco DVR, Harmony 670
Speakers: Polk Audio Series II and Polk Subwoofer.
Wow, when you have problems, you realize how bad logitech and harmony are with their software.

Can anyone tell me the database entry for the largest list of MCE/microsoft codes?  Every device I try seems to have limitations about what codes are built in.  And unfortunately it seems myharmony doesn't allow buttons from other devices to be configured under a device, AND I've got a bunch of broken 67x's I don't feel like trying to configure to learn.  It would be nice if they would fix this stuff, you know?

Anyways, sorry for the griping.  Can anyone recommend what is the widest selection of Windows remote codes and what database entry it is?

(Not being able to search or select from a list in the myharmony, or anywhere, deserves a special place in hell..)

thanks for any advice
  • 25(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
HOW TO - Configure a Logitech Harmony Remote for Kodi6