• 258(current)
Kodi Media Player Options with 3D MVC & HD Audio
Sad 
sigh Sad
(2018-03-04, 13:52)Roger79 Wrote: Read this... don't hold your breath while you wait for Intel.
This is sad news, especially as pre-6th gen NUC's will get harder to find ahead.
I'm trying to figure out the best options for purchasing a new HTPC for full MVC playback with streaming HD audio and 4K playback. Is this just a pipe dream at the moment?

Is an Intel 8th gen i7 sufficient with 16GB of RAM? Something like the i7-8700K? I'm not fully up to date on all the new names and numbers the identify the latest and greatest in processors and MBs anymore.
This may help.
(2018-03-26, 19:45)K0D1User1138 Wrote: I'm trying to figure out the best options for purchasing a new HTPC for full MVC playback with streaming HD audio and 4K playback. Is this just a pipe dream at the moment?
You could come over to the dark side Eek
HOW TO - Kodi 2D - 3D - UHD (4k) HDR Guide Internal & External Players iso menus
DIY HOME THEATER WIND EFFECT

W11 Pro 24H2 MPC-BE\HC madVR KODI 22 GTX960-4GB/RGB 4:4:4/Desktop 60Hz 8bit Video Matched Refresh rates 23,24,50,60Hz 8/10/12bit/Samsung 82" Q90R Denon S720W
(2018-03-29, 04:27)brazen1 Wrote: You could come over to the dark side Eek

What's the dark side? Is there some non-intel HDMI2.0 hardware that can produce MVC-3D and 4k60fps alternating without switching hdmi output hardware slot between 2.0 and 1.4?

I mean with kodi running on windows?

I know that there's Zidoo X8/X9S/X10, but it has the downside that external player has to be used in kodi to make 3D work and it's "just" Android which for some browser based streaming is not as good as windows.
Yes, a dedicated video card.
HOW TO - Kodi 2D - 3D - UHD (4k) HDR Guide Internal & External Players iso menus

W11 Pro 24H2 MPC-BE\HC madVR KODI 22 GTX960-4GB/RGB 4:4:4/Desktop 60Hz 8bit Video Matched Refresh rates 23,24,50,60Hz 8/10/12bit/Samsung 82" Q90R Denon S720W
Ah okey. I see. So building a HTPC yourself. That takes a lot of space I guess. Are there guides for what video card work with MVC-3D in Kodi + 4k@60fps stutter free with in sync HD audio via hdmi out?
Yes, you build it yourself following easy detailed A-Z instructions.  Doesn't cost anything unless you want it to.  Link in my signature.  Space?  Anything with a PCIe slot for your video card.  Play what ever audio and video you want.  No limitations.  Any questions, ask there.

Not sure why I'd use a costly video card when on-board Intel graphics works for MVC 3D now.

I'm looking to build a second HTPC and move my current one to another room. This would come with an upgrade to my projector to 4K +3D which isn't even really available at the moment so I'm in no rush. But I'm not looking to spend money onf video cards and stand-alone boxes and the like and not get a working solution. So far the information I've seen says an 8th gen i7 will be plenty, provided the MB has HDMI 2.0 (or better).
(2018-03-26, 19:45)K0D1User1138 Wrote: I'm trying to figure out the best options for purchasing a new HTPC for full MVC playback with streaming HD audio and 4K playback. Is this just a pipe dream at the moment?
Because this is what you asked.  Pretty quick to assume my answers are not going to be a working solution eh?

Well if I understood the current situation correctly you can either use an Intel NUC unit with an hdmi 1.4 output that will work with 3D MVC, but not 4k (or at least not 4k@60fps) or if you get an Intel NUC with hdmi 2.0 you get 4k@60fps but there is a bug in the intel hdmi 2.0 stack that prevents 3D MVC from working.

And if what @brazen1 says is correct the only way around that problem is a dedicated graphics card.
There was no explanation that there is some sort of bug in the Intel on board graphics that gives you 4K but not 3D MVC.

I'm in no rush to purchase anything at the moment so I can easily wait for Intel graphics to get things figured out.

Would also be nice to have, along with the explanation as to why, a descriptions of the type of video card required. There's only a thousand video card options on the market just like there are thousands of CPU/MB options. None of the lists I've found on this site show me these options, only talk of devices like Raspberry Pi's and NUCs and the like.
Wait?  Wait for what?  The Intel rep said you should request a refund because there is nothing else Intel can do for you and since the abnormality was not listed in the specs, each request would be considered but not necessarily entitled to a refund.  Those folks have been easily waiting for over a year now so no rush for you might be an eternity let alone the figure things out part.  There is no bug.  There is nothing to fix.  It's incapable.  You ask about which video cards?  You obviously haven't even tried to look.  Honestly, I don't know how you could browse anywhere without tripping over discussions.  There's one going on this very minute here  https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid...5&page=395 and here http://www.avsforum.com/forum/26-home-th...vr-26.html and here in this same hardware forum https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=318937&page=6

I think you just don't like the answers to your questions because you were expecting something completely different and I think you're fighting them purposely.  When you find alternative on par answers to what you seek, please inform us.

There is a workaround for Intel HDMI 2.0 using 4K 3D TV like LG E6 series. Setting up 3D output in Kodi to Over/Under produces 4K over/under image. Assuming the conversion is done properly (looks correct and very clean) video card upconverts 3D HD (DOUBLE FRAME) into 3,840 horizontal and 2 x 1080 vertical. It works for me on my TV and looks good.
Another option is to set the TV into Game Mode or PC input mode and use interlaced option on Kodi MVC as 3D output. The image mapping and up scaling id done by video card into 4K interleaved image. Very clean image. However this option disables any image processing by the TV (fast Game Mode). TV does not recognize this as 3D image at all. Motion processing is disabled. It produces 60Hz 3:2 pulldown from 24fps movie only.
  • 258(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi Media Player Options with 3D MVC & HD Audio17