• 2(current)
SMB/Samba File Sharing Discussion (SMB support now available)
hopefully SMB2/3 support will be included in next pre-flight. ofc it's a first release of add-on so there may be a few bugs.
I've done preliminary depends builds of libsmb2 for darwin with various patches. Some are similar to yours so I'll wait to do a PR back to https://github.com/sahlberg/libsmb2 when yours propagate back to there.
(2018-03-16, 18:51)davilla Wrote: I've done preliminary depends builds of libsmb2 for darwin with various patches. Some are similar to yours so I'll wait to do a PR back to https://github.com/sahlberg/libsmb2 when yours propagate back to there.

All my changes in the upstream now.
An update with SMB support will be available soon in the Store for accounts which participate to receive test builds.
To enable SMB support need receive the last test build and enable vfs.smb2 addon.

UPD: the update is available in the Store
Woow Nice work crew i hope to see a final rls soon , keep the good work Smile
Can someone help me out, I believe I'm now in the test flight group and I have Alpha 2 installed (compiled 3/28) but I'm not seeing the SMB option when adding a source and setting an smb:// path doesn't work either.   Am I missing something, or just being stupid?  Either one wouldn't surprise me Smile
(2018-03-29, 22:50)Chimera2345 Wrote: Can someone help me out, I believe I'm now in the test flight group and I have Alpha 2 installed (compiled 3/28) but I'm not seeing the SMB option when adding a source and setting an smb:// path doesn't work either.   Am I missing something, or just being stupid?

You have to enable SMB2 addon in the addon manager
I knew I was missing something, thanks
Enabling smb allows me to access my share - though when i put my credentials in and select okay it tells me it can't connect without even trying

If i go into the share though it connects fine...but i can't go any deeper than the first level folders - i am going to remove kodi and try again but i don't know if this is a bug

EDIT:  So reinstalling kodi...i went directly and mounted the smb shares...same problem - built new share directly into my movie folder - won't scan folder

Immediately stops scan just as it starts - BUT the files that are sitting in that directory (not inside any further folders) play fine directly - hope this is helpful
Great work guys that is flawless for me. Now i just need to bring my advanced settings xml over so i can get it talking to the mysql db.
(2018-03-30, 00:38)mcrommert Wrote: hope this is helpful

not as useful as it could be with a Debug Log. But in any case, some bugs will be fixed soon.
I couldn't try it last night as my old NAS (Openfiler 2.3) doesn't support SMB 2/3.  I'm building a new one as I type this (running straight Centos 7.4 this time) so I'll be able to test this weekend.
(2018-03-30, 16:23)afedchin Wrote:
(2018-03-30, 00:38)mcrommert Wrote: hope this is helpful

not as useful as it could be with a Debug Log. But in any case, some bugs will be fixed soon.

I can definitely get a debug log to you...quick question first...i still have cifs/smb1 running on windows 10 and wanted to shut that off due to security problems with this version - after i disabled it, now it won't connect at all

The addon said smb 2/3...is this not correct?
The addon doesn't support smb1, only v2 and v3. Seems you disable something else. You can use Wireshark on your win10 to inspect incoming traffic
Dumb question... But how do I enable my account to receive test builds to get this on Xbox one?
  • 2(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
SMB/Samba File Sharing Discussion (SMB support now available)1