• 33(current)
Xbox One Discussion
(2018-03-03, 23:56)Hamsterkill Wrote: Is the UPnP support still incomplete? Kodi on Xbox doesn't seem to be able to detect my UPnP server (which is just the built-in Windows 10 UPnP server on my desktop), even though I did turn the UPnP service on in Kodi. Kodi 17 on my Android TV still detects it, though.
 Hm, Kodi 18 on Xbox doesn't seem able to detect my Rygel (GNOME) UPnP server, either. Is there some configuration option to enable the UPnP client other than just enabling UPnP in services? Just trying to figure out why it's not working for me but apparently does for others...
(2018-03-18, 15:13)JonnyVee Wrote: When/If 4k UHD becomes hw decoded, will Kodi also passthrough HDR to a TV? .... i assume they’re seperate and I don’t see HDR metadata listed in the issues and bugs log.
They're separate things. HDR passthrough isn't supported yet
(2018-03-19, 07:49)afedchin Wrote:
(2018-03-18, 15:13)JonnyVee Wrote: When/If 4k UHD becomes hw decoded, will Kodi also passthrough HDR to a TV? .... i assume they’re seperate and I don’t see HDR metadata listed in the issues and bugs log.
They're separate things. HDR passthrough isn't supported yet

Thank you for confirming. So since you wrote “yet”, HDR passthrough (and/or HDR to SDR conversion) is a feature that will be implemented?
currently Kodi does HDR to SDR conversion
Hey y all. New to the forum. Just been getting OJ ng into kodi. Love it ok n the xbox..

Has any one found a good working NFL and college football repo ? Also would love to get mlb.tv working but keeps asking for password CD efc. Any idea ??
@Stovy4x4ing

You have been warned in your last post... https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=330367

The only reason this post is remaining, is because there is a valid question in there.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
I'm running it perfectly on my xbox one standard. Just go into the app store. Download Kodi,

Add repos just the same way you do on other devices.

Go to file manager, add source . Input website url, then install from zip and then install from repo. Just takes a little longer using the controller.
(2018-03-31, 04:44)Stovy4x4ing Wrote: Hey y all. New to the forum. Just been getting OJ ng into kodi. Love it ok n the xbox..

Has any one found a good working NFL and college football repo ? Also would love to get mlb.tv working but keeps asking for password CD efc. Any idea ??
Well put your password in then. What do you think kodi is? A free pathway to paid for media?
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
Is anyone else having issues with external hard drives larger than 2TB? Any file I add passed 2TB refuses to play...
2TB file?! really?! 

please provide a Debug Log
Don't you think he means any file added beyond 2 TB capacity of the drive?
(2018-04-03, 10:18)bo1e Wrote: Don't you think he means any file added beyond 2 TB capacity of the drive?

I thought about this, but this doesn't make sense. Kodi doesn't work with a file system on low level where it may make sense.
I think what he meant was files are not working past any files installed on a drive if all the files on it exceed 2tb in size. But yes he could also mean a file larger than 2tb itself as this can be achieved with self recorded files in a uncompressed format (cctv or uncut recordings etc.) but very unlikely that this would be the case as no one in their right mind would keep a single file above 2tb on a single drive.

Well simple solution would be just to get a high capacity drive and copy and paste a whole load of files until it's over the limit and see what the log gods return. He also needs to add what file system (fat32, ntfs etc.) he has the files stored on as they all have a max file limit.
(2018-04-03, 10:33)afedchin Wrote:
(2018-04-03, 10:18)bo1e Wrote: Don't you think he means any file added beyond 2 TB capacity of the drive?

I thought about this, but this doesn't make sense. Kodi doesn't work with a file system on low level where it may make sense.   
Sorry for the confusion. But in fairness, I am also confused because you are correct, my problem makes no sense. So say I have 200 files totaling 1.8 TB. I add another file which takes it to 2.1 TB. That specific file will not play. Everything else will but not that one or anything that gets added after that. I have since migrated that file to another 4 TB HD (one with only 180 GB) and it works. I have no idea whats going... but this is not the first time. Both hard drives are formatted for NTFS.

UPDATE: So I decided to try playing the files on the Xbox media player (don't know why I didn't think if this before) and that file going past 2 TB won't play through that either. So this isn't a Kodi specific error. But I'm still not sure what the problem is...
Perhaps it's an issue with UWP or how UWP works with USB drives. Unfortunately I have no HDD more than 2TB and I can't reproduce the issue. In any case if the file cannot be played with another app you can forward the issue to Microsoft at MS's forums.

Edit: Or it may be an issue with this HDD only. Can you reproduce the issue with your 4Tb HDD?
  • 33(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Xbox One Discussion6