• 70(current)
iOS App Signer - Install Kodi without Jailbreak (iOS and tvOS)
(2018-01-06, 22:02)horstepipe Wrote: Hey guys,
just got an Apple TV 4K and tried to install the current Kodi build. I did it quite often before for friends on Apple TV 4s with a paid developer account.
Unfortunately now I'm getting:
"App installation failed. There was an internal API error"

Looks like there are quite a lot of people with that problem since the past months, has something changed here?
I'm using VMVare on Windows to run Xcode, successfully paired my AppleTV 4K with xcode and signed the ipa with the IOS App Signer.

MacOS v10.12.6
xCode v9.2

I'm a little scared that Apple starts blocking sideloading Kodi now, hope somebody can settle me down

They do not block side loading. Apple does not care even slightly about side loading because if they did they would block the process which would be extremely simple to do.

You are missing a step. Does your developer account have the device added? Does the provisioning profile have the device added to it? Did you also add that provisioning profile to the device after it was created?

I am willing to bet one of those was missed.
(2018-01-06, 22:26)kavy Wrote:
just got an Apple TV 4K and tried to install the current Kodi build. I did it quite often before for friends on Apple TV 4s with a paid developer account.

Looks like there are quite a lot of people with that problem since the past months, has something changed here?
I'm using VMVare on Windows to run Xcode, successfully paired my AppleTV 4K with xcode and signed the ipa with the IOS App Signer.

MacOS v10.12.6
xCode v9.2

I'm a little scared that Apple starts blocking sideloading Kodi now, hope somebody can settle me down

They do not block side loading. Apple does not care even slightly about side loading because if they did they would block the process which would be extremely simple to do.

You are missing a step. Does your developer account have the device added? Does the provisioning profile have the device added to it? Did you also add that provisioning profile to the device after it was created?

have these processes been changed? With Apple TV 4, I connected it via USB, xcode recognized it and everything was fine

edit: sorry, you were right :-)
I didn't select the Apple TV in the main window of xcode...
shame on me
I’m glad you figured it out!

I personally felt the process on the Apple TV 4K was easier then the 4 due to wireless debugging.
Hi all! I got my ATV4K in and jailbroke/sideloaded Kodi last night. It was on tvOS 11.0 upon delivery.

Questions: Since it’s jailbroken, will I still need to resign and reupload Kodi every 7 days?

Is there a way for me to update my ATV4K FW to 11.1 without updating to 11.2.1 accidentally?

I use a free Apple ID account and didn't add my device to my account...it's all working so I suppose that part didn't matter too much?

Thanks!
Hey
anybody knows whether Kodi will still work for one year if I sign and install it today with a paid developer account which membership is being discontinued in a couple of days?
The certificate expires on the day the developer account does not a year from install.
(2018-01-08, 17:24)kavy Wrote: The certificate expires on the day the developer account does not a year from install.
 thank you. So even if I keep the membership I'll have to resign and reinstall Kodi on the day of renewal?
(2018-01-09, 00:43)horstepipe Wrote:
(2018-01-08, 17:24)kavy Wrote: The certificate expires on the day the developer account does not a year from install.
 thank you. So even if I keep the membership I'll have to resign and reinstall Kodi on the day of renewal? 
That is correct. You will have to resign with the new certificate. Upside is you won't lose any of your settings so its not a big issue.
(2018-01-06, 22:26)kavy Wrote:

MacOS v10.12.6
xCode v9.2

I just signed up for a free developer account, but I can't seem to get an option to access Certificates, Identifiers & Profiles  in order to add a device for xcode.  Not sure if I am missing something, but every time I hit any kind of link for account through the search tab, it brings me to a getting started page and I can't get around this. Suggestions?

Figured out the problem, I wasn't signing with the correct provisioning profile.
That is not necessary and you won't see that section on a free account.

Skip that step of the process.
Is 17.6 available somewhere?
Im currently running 17.4 and if there is no downside to it then it would be nice to be running the latest before jumping on the 18 train.
Go to this page https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=245978 and tvOStbuildsulds
just found out with my 11.3 final devices,
MacOs High Sierra 10.13.4 final version with Xcode 9.3 not working for now with latest iOS app signer, probably just need to be updated.
MacOS Sierra 10.12.6 with Xcode 9.2 all working with latest iOS app signer deployed to all my 11.3 final devices.
I am using the latest beta of high Sierra and Xcode 9.3 and have zero issues.
(2018-04-03, 20:24)kavy Wrote: I am using the latest beta of high Sierra and Xcode 9.3 and have zero issues.
Hmm, I’ve only used final version of 10.13.4.
  • 70(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
iOS App Signer - Install Kodi without Jailbreak (iOS and tvOS)8