• 71(current)
iOS App Signer - Install Kodi without Jailbreak (iOS and tvOS)
I just updated to 10.13.4 (didn't even know it was released i was still on beta 7) and tried it again and it worked just fine.

What error are you getting?
(2018-04-03, 22:41)kavy Wrote: I just updated to 10.13.4 (didn't even know it was released i was still on beta 7) and tried it again and it worked just fine.

thanks, codesigning certificate error after upgrading to final version of High Sierra 10.13.4.
(2018-04-04, 03:13)vince22 Wrote:
(2018-04-03, 22:41)kavy Wrote: I just updated to 10.13.4 (didn't even know it was released i was still on beta 7) and tried it again and it worked just fine.

thanks, codesigning certificate error after upgrading to final version of High Sierra 10.13.4.

Open terminal

xcode-select --install

If that doesn’t work delete all your expired certificates.
kavy, excellent job, got it working now. thanks a million.
Glad to have helped.
Is there an advantage to installing Kodi on jAILBROKEN VERSES NON ON my iPad Pro? Thanks in advance
Can we install it with vShare?
I assume that the Kodi development has tried to publish Kodi as an official app through the Apple App Store and been turned down; that hell will freeze over before Apple relents and allows Kodi on its platform. Otherwise there'd be no need for this workaround.

>> Q: Is this permanent?
>> A: No, the code signing expires when either the provisioning file or signing certificate expires. For free accounts this is 7 days, paid accounts get 1 year.

OK... so what's to prevent someone from spending the $99 or $299 per year for the Developer Program or the Enterprise Developer Program to make an iOS / TVOS friendly version of Kodi that we can side-load and all the little people like me (who don't have Macs; don't want to compile anything) can pay that person? I'd gladly pay someone $10 or $20/year for a KODI that I can easily install on my new AppleTV 4k and just run. Surely there are hundreds of people like me who would pay for this. Collectively, we would more than create enough revenue to offset the cost of the developer license. 

I'm sure it's not as simple as I imagine (nothing ever is) so I'll just shut up now and let someone explain why that just won't work.
Because Kodi is expandable with the python add-ons system it's not allowed in the Apple app store. The MrMC fork that is in there has the add-on part stripped out and so is allowed into it.

As to your other point, as soon as Apple discovered the account used for such distributed supply of signed versions they would cancel it and any app signed by it as doing so breaks their terms and conditions of I remember correctly.
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
What he said ...
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
(2018-04-27, 19:09)DarrenHill Wrote: Because Kodi is expandable with the python add-ons system it's not allowed in the Apple app store. The MrMC fork that is in there has the add-on part stripped out and so is allowed into it.
Hmmmm... I think that the only add-ons that I use are Library Auto Update and Subscene. Maybe I can live without them and use MrMC. 

Is the MrMC kept current with Kodi?
That I don't know for certain (I don't use it) but @davilla or @Koying could tell you. I would expect it is though.
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
MrMC has brought back python usage and addons, v3.6.0 includes the Plex for Kodi addon as POC. You can request specific addons in the MrMC forum. Requests for pirate addons will be ignored. Addons/Skins that are marked non-commercial must have the explicit permission of their author.

While MrMC is a fork of XBMC/Kodi and does track certain areas (database is v17 compatible), the developers have their own focus which does not necessarily align with Kodi development.
Thank you, @davilla @DarrenHill @Memphiz.

I guess I'll continue to use my Intel NUC as my Kodi box and my new (free - thanks DirecTv now) Apple 4K as my streaming box (for DTN, Netflix, Amazon Prime Video...). In theory it would be nice to have just one device handle both streaming and Kodi, but it's not like my current setup is some heartache.
@soonerlater why don't you use ATV4K as a Kodi box?
  • 71(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
iOS App Signer - Install Kodi without Jailbreak (iOS and tvOS)8