• 34(current)
Xbox One Discussion
Maybe a SATA/USB bridge chip that doesn't support more than 2TB?
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
(2018-04-03, 18:37)afedchin Wrote: Perhaps it's an issue with UWP or how UWP works with USB drives. Unfortunately I have no HDD more than 2TB and I can't reproduce the issue. In any case if the file cannot be played with another app you can forward the issue to Microsoft at MS's forums.

Edit: Or it may be an issue with this HDD only. Can you reproduce the issue with your 4Tb HDD?
 Yes, unfortunately I can and did. Before arriving at the 2 TB issue conclusion I started with the mostly empty one (180 GB). This one started giving me the same errors when it was around 2 TB though at the time I thought nothing of the size. So I thought it was a fluke and formatted the HD. It started working again for a while (though I suspect this is only due to garbage cache on the HD being deleted thereby freeing up more space.) When it started doing it again, I assumed it was a faulty HD and bought a new one. (Currently the one that has the bulk of my files, 1.8 TB). So I went through it all over again. Fine for while until I hit 2 TB. That's when I started to notice the pattern. I guess I will mover on to Microsoft thought I'm not holding my breath. I guess I'll just have to live with using 2 HDs for my movies and 1 for my shows. XD
(2018-04-03, 19:06)Milhouse Wrote: Maybe a SATA/USB bridge chip that doesn't support more than 2TB?
 See I even researched before I purchased my first 4 TB just to avoid any issue and supposedly Xbox one are able to support 16TB!!! Which is crazy haha

Unless you're saying that it's possible my bridge chip is defective...?
(2018-04-03, 19:41)tcclives23 Wrote: See I even researched before I purchased my first 4 TB just to avoid any issue and supposedly Xbox one are able to support 16TB!!! Which is crazy haha

The problem isn't with the XBox One. Presumably your 2TB/4TB drive is a SATA HDD, and if you're connecting this to the XBox USB port then there's a SATA-to-USB bridge chip between the HDD and the USB cable (ie. in the HDD caddy). There are known examples of these bridge chips with design defects that mean they don't allow access to the full 4TB or even 2TB capacity, or incorrectly translate addresses which result in corrupted data being sent to the XBox.

In short, find a different HDD SATA-to-USB caddy/adapter that is known to support capacities 4TB+.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
(2018-04-03, 20:52)Milhouse Wrote:
(2018-04-03, 19:41)tcclives23 Wrote: See I even researched before I purchased my first 4 TB just to avoid any issue and supposedly Xbox one are able to support 16TB!!! Which is crazy haha

The problem isn't with the XBox One. Presumably your 2TB/4TB drive is a SATA HDD, and if you're connecting this to the XBox USB port then there's a SATA-to-USB bridge chip between the HDD and the USB cable (ie. in the HDD caddy). There are known examples of these bridge chips with design defects that mean they don't allow access to the full 4TB or even 2TB capacity, or incorrectly translate addresses which result in corrupted data being sent to the XBox.

In short, find a different HDD SATA-to-USB caddy/adapter that is known to support capacities 4TB+. 
Gotcha! You guys have all been very helpful, thank you!!
It is not xbox one specific problem but it is also present on linux builds so I assume that it is a generic Kodi problem.

I have added the sourse into the videos as SSH and I can go inside that folder but only to first level and not any deeper. If I press A on the controller it can not go deeper. This issues was not present in previous xbox one bulild.
(2018-04-04, 04:18)illiac4 Wrote: It is not xbox one specific problem but it is also present on linux builds so I assume that it is a generic Kodi problem.

No Debug Log no problem. Smile
For what it's worth, I too had the 2TB limit issue with my external drive: https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid...pid2692854

Can't really say I've followed up on it, as I abandoned that route once I found out about the file type limitations (.nfo, etc), and am now using NFS and preferring it anyway. Smile
Will the Xbox (S) version play HDR UHD videos on non-HDR (but still UHD) TVs correctly or does it lose all saturation like the Android version?

Apologies if asked, HDR cannot be searched as it's under 4 characters

Thanks
For three letter searches use google
Code:
HDR site:forum.kodi.tv
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
Ok, in case anyone else is looking for an answer, it can't play hevc videos
(2018-04-15, 10:50)mmace Wrote: Ok, in case anyone else is looking for an answer, it can't play hevc videos
 This is an already known problem. Does anyone read the known issues anymore?

"Playback of HEVC Main 10 can cause the app to crash - temporary disabled in master and will be in next Store update"
(2018-04-15, 15:22)Min2001 Wrote:
(2018-04-15, 10:50)mmace Wrote: Ok, in case anyone else is looking for an answer, it can't play hevc videos
This is an already known problem. Does anyone read the known issues anymore?"Playback of HEVC Main 10 can cause the app to crash - temporary disabled in master and will be in next Store update" 
The quote you mentioned comes from a list of fixed issues on the first page/post, therefore could be misunderstood as 'not an issue anymore' (at least i misunderstood it a while ago, maybe because i'm not an native english speaker). I mentioned this earlier: imho it would be better to just have a list with open issues and features not yet implemented/supported (eg. HEVC, 4K/HDR, etc.).
Hello All,

I have not recieved an update since 2nd of April 2018 and I was just wondering what is happening and when I might expect to see another update? I am part of the testing group.

Cheers

Chris
(2018-05-12, 12:05)sirhcjw Wrote: I have not recieved an update since 2nd of April 2018 and I was just wondering what is happening and when I might expect to see another update? I am part of the testing group.

It's because we didn't publish new releases because currently it's very unstable.
  • 34(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Xbox One Discussion6