• 333(current)
v18 LibreELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi (Kodi 18.0)
(2018-04-05, 15:57)popcornmix Wrote: I suspect its a fairly subtle timing issue that makes it work or not work. I really need it to fail in debug environment to get further. I'll see if milhouse's sample fails. 
No luck. Milhouse's ISO is working fine here.
Pi3+
Just checking to see if anyone had any issues with library updates on the latest build.?

On a fresh boot Movies will update but not TV shows. It just stops after Movies.
I use the addons Advanced Wake on LAN.
It will still wake my Server but now no longer initiate a library update of either movies or TV Shows.

Manual update of my library is fine.
@Vimes: debug log?
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
(2018-04-05, 16:08)smp1 Wrote: With sample 1 (DVD) I always get a blank screen (with menu overlay visible and audio). The movie starts fine though. 

I was able to reproduce with Sample 1.
A git bisect does indicate PR13428 is where the problem started.
Looking more closely as well as the stated "rewrite yuv to rgb conversion for OpenGL"
the PR also had a rework of the render flags which is probably to blame.

I'll see if I can narrow it down any further.
New LibreELEC.tv Leia build #0405: RPi / RPi2
(Supercedes previous build)

SHA256 Checksum: a082d30a60a037232a3f964718fc95528fd43bed67603092dc3ddf98f9d8aa84 (RPi)
SHA256 Checksum: e6f1d857b99978fa53a01b05f8b864dd40785f02df167e643e771767bab644b0 (RPi2)

text:
# uname -a
Linux rpi512 4.14.32 #1 Thu Apr 5 22:46:04 BST 2018 armv6l GNU/Linux

# vcgencmd version
Apr 4 2018 18:27:28
Copyright © 2012 Broadcom
version 29d169e2f142fc7bb24dac8fb67a3aff1ac0682e (clean) (release)

# lsb_release
LibreELEC (Milhouse): devel-20180405224411-#0405-g1fed43a [Build #0405]

# Kodi version
(18.0-ALPHA2 Git:4bf3584). Platform: Linux ARM 32-bit

Based on tip of LibreELEC.tv master (1fed43a, changelog) and tip of XBMC master (c691ac1, changelog) with the following modifications: Build Highlights:
  1. Move all platform specific code to platform's folders.
  2. [Estuary] Reintroduce/fix busy dialog animations after #13715.
  3. lan78xx: Move enabling of EEE into PHY init code
Build Details:
  1. XBMC:
    • ADSP: Remove skin conditions (PR:13736, 1 commit, 3 files changed)
    • Move all platform specific code to platform's folders. (PR:13739, 30 commits, 179 files changed)
    • [win10] filesystem: handle win-lib file/directory as a local resources. (PR:13740, 1 commit, 2 files changed)
    • [cmake] move rbpi platform defines into platform file (PR:13730, 1 commit, 2 files changed)
    • [Estuary] Reintroduce/fix busy dialog animations after #13715. (PR:13738, 1 commit, 2 files changed)
  2. inputstream.adaptive:
  3. kernel 4.14.y:
    • New commits in this build:
      • config: Add BT_HCIUART_BCM=y and SERIAL_DEV_BUS=m (924deccc)
      • arm64: Add CONFIG_SERIAL_DEV_BUS=m to bcmrpi3_defconfig (274cd7bc)
      • lan78xx: Move enabling of EEE into PHY init code (c2eb3068)
  4. Additional commits/pull requests/changes not yet merged upstream:
    • Updated: [env] PR:2627 (perma): linux: update to linux-4.14.32
    • Added: [env] patch: linux: drop 78xx WOL panic workaround
    • Added: [env] PR:2631 (perma): kodi: Mid April 2018
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
Note that for Refresh Rate switching in #0404 and later, it is now necessary to configure the resolutions you want Kodi to use (by default, it won't use any thus no refresh rate switching).

In Settings > Display > Whitelist select the resolutions your TV supports (or you prefer) and then click OK.
(2018-04-06, 00:45)Milhouse Wrote: Note that for Refresh Rate switching in #0404 and later, it is now necessary to configure the resolutions you want Kodi to use (by default, it won't use any thus no refresh rate switching).

In Settings > Display > Whitelist select the resolutions your TV supports (or you prefer) and then click OK.

May i ask why is that?
(2018-04-06, 13:16)Pienoet Wrote:
(2018-04-06, 00:45)Milhouse Wrote: Note that for Refresh Rate switching in #0404 and later, it is now necessary to configure the resolutions you want Kodi to use (by default, it won't use any thus no refresh rate switching).

May i ask why is that?

The plan is to remove the "Adjust refresh rate" setting and instead use only the Whitelist to configure refresh rate changes - if you don't want any refresh rate changing then don't Whitelist any resolutions/rates. I think once the "Adjust refresh rate" setting is removed then the Whitelist setting should be less confusing, although it's still not as simple as an On/Off/Always/Start&Stop setting but it does give more control over refresh rate selection.

The Whitelist functionality still needs some sort of sensible defaults, maybe a button to set those defaults (ie. enable the desktop resolutions and refresh rates), but for now it's entirely manual. I just enabled all the 1920x1080 resolutions as that's what Kodi outputs to my AVR, and it's working fine for me now, pretty much same as the old "Adjust refresh rate" when set to "Always".

The functionality in the PR continues to be tweaked, so if you have any concerns or suggestions feel free to comment! Smile
is everyone else having issues updating the library/database from tvdb for the last 12+ hours too?

I get a "Couldn't download information; Unable to connect to the remote server" error after a few minutes of trying to update.
(2018-04-05, 22:26)Milhouse Wrote: @Vimes: debug log?

I sure that it was my fault, sorry for bothering you.

For some reason I hadn't noticed that the delay had been set to 0 seconds for the Advanced WOL utility to then scan my libraries. I normally set a delay of around 20 seconds before scanning.

Putting the 20 second delay back and all seems well, I can't remember removing it tho.
I have chosen when copying the update file, the menu off. Code switched off and of course then tried to reinstall the incomplete update to install.

Is not it better to disable the power off when copying an update to the SD card?
Until today with latest build #0405 I see a slow GUI during audio playback
2720729 (post)

and kodi crashes randomly when opening audio streams by yatse
2696744 (post)

on a RPi3 (non-plus).
best regards
(2018-04-06, 14:46)Milhouse Wrote: The plan is to remove the "Adjust refresh rate" setting and instead use only the Whitelist to configure refresh rate changes - if you don't want any refresh rate changing then don't Whitelist any resolutions/rates. I think once the "Adjust refresh rate" setting is removed then the Whitelist setting should be less confusing, although it's still not as simple as an On/Off/Always/Start&Stop setting but it does give more control over refresh rate selection.

The Whitelist functionality still needs some sort of sensible defaults, maybe a button to set those defaults (ie. enable the desktop resolutions and refresh rates), but for now it's entirely manual. I just enabled all the 1920x1080 resolutions as that's what Kodi outputs to my AVR, and it's working fine for me now, pretty much same as the old "Adjust refresh rate" when set to "Always".

The functionality in the PR continues to be tweaked, so if you have any concerns or suggestions feel free to comment! Smile 
Why are you trying to remove "Adjust refresh rate"? It is working great, no issues. The only complain I would have is when coming out of 3D on 4K TV. If the refresh rate of Kodi interface is not set for 23.97Hz I end up with top of the screen in my left eye and bottom in the right at the same time Wink

Would this be an attempt to override HDMI port ID tags when going through AVR or HDMI switch device? I can see some benefit of this. Turning RPi on without TV also cuts down refresh rate to default 60Hz only. I need to reboot RPi with the TV on to get 24Hz. Whitelist may be handy here as well. I will definitely test it.
(2018-04-06, 17:00)thent Wrote: Until today with latest build #0405 I see a slow GUI during audio playback
2720729 (post)

on a RPi3 (non-plus).
best regards
@thent

see here -> https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid...pid2720745
[3x RPi3]#[ AV Receiver - Marantz NR1506 ]#[ TV Panasonic TX-50EXW784 ]#[ NAS - OMV 4.1.xx (Arrakis) @ NanoPI M4 ]#[ Nextcloud 17.0.3 @ ODROID C2 ]
(2018-04-06, 15:41)J_E_F_F Wrote: is everyone else having issues updating the library/database from tvdb for the last 12+ hours too?

I get a "Couldn't download information; Unable to connect to the remote server" error after a few minutes of trying to update.
 I have the same problem here, started today for what I know.
  • 333(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
LibreELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi (Kodi 18.0)24