• 28(current)
v17 Artwork Beef - automatically add extended artwork
Posted deleted
HTPC: Dell Optiplex 7050 SFF i7-7700 quad-core, 3.6GHz, 16GB
NAS: Synology DS1813+ and DX513, Hybrid RAID (SHR) 48TB usable space
My Media Center | www.CaptainKen.us | www.YouTube.com/KenInGilbert
(2018-04-08, 04:13)cwebster Wrote: Hi,

Really like Artwork Beef, more than any other extended artwork addon I've used. Of course, there's a but...

I like to organize and move things from time to time. Multiple KODI machines from x86 through Pi. WD NAS to store everything. Windows 10 machine to "manage" things.

I recently "tested" the Artwork Beef option to save movie collection information into a single folder on my NAS and now I can't remove it. All the artwork files are owned by "nobody" and I can't move/delete them, nor add/modify them.

How do I remove the "nobody" files?

Thanks.
I'm only familiar with the Synology NAS. I sometimes have issues with Windows 10 when trying to rename, move or delete files. When I have those issues I use the DSM (Disk Station Manager) interface that's built into the NAS to perform those functions flawlessly.
HTPC: Dell Optiplex 7050 SFF i7-7700 quad-core, 3.6GHz, 16GB
NAS: Synology DS1813+ and DX513, Hybrid RAID (SHR) 48TB usable space
My Media Center | www.CaptainKen.us | www.YouTube.com/KenInGilbert
Thank you CaptainKen.

I can login to my NAS as admin and it doesn't make a difference. I think it's a problem with the way Artwork Beef saves things. HOW DO I REVERSE IT!?!?! (in a calm way Smile

Thank you.
Hi rmrector.

Thanks for this great addon!

Is it possible to create a button similar to this:

Code:
<control type="button" id="xxx">
    <description>Get Artwork</description>
    <onclick>RunScript(script.artwork.beef,mode=gui,audiotype=artist,dbid=$INFO[ListItem.DBID])</onclick>
    <visible>System.HasAddon(script.artwork.beef)</visible>
</control>

And it opens up the image selection, like it does for movies, tv shows etc.

Both for artists, albums and songs?
Question. I am having a hard time getting Artwork Beef to download art for movies in french. Ex: This movie Junior Majeur https://www.themoviedb.org/movie/483407-...uage=en-US has posters, fanart but cant get them to scrape. Same thing for https://www.themoviedb.org/movie/417478-...uage=en-US

Any ideas why?
(2018-03-29, 10:00)sniferx1 Wrote: @rmrector 

Awesome tool. I got a problem as once I use this and downloaded all artworks but in my Kodi APP and web interface all Thumbs are now showing Kodi generated Thumbs and very bad....

How to fix this and redownload all artwork again? In settings do I need to do anything special?

Good to have an option to download all applicable artwork again...

Imagehttps://drive.google.com/file/d/17YyNnXmNdxwtQr17
Also having this issue, if you find a fix please let me know.

Not too sure why it's only happening with Artwork Beef, Artwork Downloader displayed it all correctly and i'm using the same settings (files stored in each movie folder named poster.jpg etc.)
I have updated Artwork Beef to 0.18.5.

The big fix is rearranging file deletion so that only the manual process even has a path to the code that deletes files, rather than sharing a code path with the automatic process that should have had ample protection but did not (for reasons I still frustratingly have not figured out). Much safer, fewer shoulds and should-nots coming from me on file handling.

Another notable fix is identifying local artwork for music albums split into separate folders by disc. Multiple discart will be added as 'discart1', 'discart2', and so on to the album based on disc # as Kodi has in its database, but that's another case where skins will need a bit more work to match tracks to their discart (the bottom of Skin support has my first attempt at this).

Finally, viewing the artwork report in the GUI on Android has been fixed, and the InvalidHeader error message should include a bit more information that may help to narrow down the problem.
@rmrector

Thank you for your effort in constantly improving Artwork Beef.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
@rmrector thanks for fixing the artwork report bug on Android. It's working fine now.
Windows 11 Pro
Kodi 21 - Aeon MQ7/MQ9 Omega Mod
Kodi 20.5 - Aeon MQ9 Nexus Mod

Android - Beelink GT King
Kodi 21 - Aeon MQ7 Omega Mod
Kodi Maven Fork 21 - Aeon MQ9 Omega Mod

CoreELEC - Beelink GT King
Kodi 21 - Aeon MQ7 Omega Mod

Great addon! I was able to get things up and running and it found lots of artwork that I was missing since MediaElch and artwork downloader were giving me problems. I only had one issue and I don't know what's causing it. I have the Aeon Nox Silvo skin and one feature lets me display movie covers or posters for my playlist. For some reason the addon replaced a poster I had for Iron Man with a thumbnail for the movie so now it looks stretched. Other than this weird issue it's worked great and I love that it automatically looks for newartwork when I update my library.
(2018-04-07, 06:28)rmrector Wrote:
(2018-03-30, 03:39)Mr. V Wrote: Hi @rmrector 

I am having trouble with duplicate fanart.

This happens when a movie, artist ect does not have enough fanart art images on fanart.tv. It seems to grab the remaining images from TMDB or TADB, quite often the top images on the other sites are the same as on fanart.tv.

Is there any way to use one website for images and only use a secondary site if Zero are found on the first?

I have been noticing that this happens quite a bit, I'll take a look at that before long.     

Cheers Smile

EDIT: @ALL
Don't forget to click thumbs up and thank @rmrector for his outstanding work on this script.  Nod
https://forum.kodi.tv/reputation.php?uid=75442
Madnox 2.0
Forum / Source
is there a way for me to centrolize all the artwork to a folder i choose?
i love kodi
(2018-04-10, 05:10)Karellen Wrote: @rmrector

Thank you for your effort in constantly improving Artwork Beef.
 +1
@rmrector

Running v0.18.5 I had configured AB "Do not add automatically add artwork from web services, only identify local files" in General settings and for Movies had ticked "Download image files for processed movies"

I then noticed that after refreshing a movie or scanning new titles to the library a thumb.jpg for poster was added to the movie folder.

I figured that it was because of the enabled option under Movies, so I deselected "Download image files for processed movies", refreshed a movie title and checked and no thumb.jpg was added.

My question is, does the setting in Movies override the general setting to only identify local files?
Wink 
I love this great addon, artwork beef put my library full of art, like never before I had seen it, but now this beautiful baby does not want to do it! I will download the repo again, and I will install it, because I see that this only happens to me, just download some posters and fanart and not all, not the rest of the art, and I think the installation was not well done , and I still believe in this great addon!....I'll do it, and then I'll comment if the problem was solved
  • 28(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Artwork Beef - automatically add extended artwork5