• 23(current)
Win FrontView+ -Info for 2nd Screen - iMon replacement
Hi Glenn, thank you for quick reply. Sorry, maybe I didn´t explained the problem very well. It doesn´t matter if Kodi started with or without Partymode addon.

If I manually navigate to the Radio addon selecting and playing one of its station then the the station logo will be shown perfectly on the FrontView+ screen as expected.

The problem: To select a radio stream by the Partymode addon, first I have to add the stream from within the radio addon to Kodi´s favorits by right clicking and then add to Favorits. Then I might select this specific Favorit item, which is a Radio addon stream to play on startup by the Partymode addon. Just in this case, if Partymode addon is playing a Radio stream which is a Kodi Favorit, the station logo is not shown at FrontView+ screen.
Can this work with the small LCD on the Antec Fusion? I know it couldn't do much with graphics on a small mono lcd. But I'm trying to get rid of my crappy iMon software that randomly holds down CTRL and keys requiring me to reset software or reboot.

The only thing I use the LCD for is time when not playing Kodi, and a spectrum eq display for audio when playing Kodi.
if im browsing my movies library in kodi frontview is showing random movie artwork instead of the movie artwork that fits to the one im browsing at. How can i change this?
(2018-03-21, 19:16)charliekay74 Wrote: if im browsing my movies library in kodi frontview is showing random movie artwork instead of the movie artwork that fits to the one im browsing at. How can i change this?

Need to setup fan art browsing - check and enable the plugin that is installed with frontview; both in Kodi and enable ‘server’ in Kodi and/or read the manual which is still UpToDate for this bit. (Its the best bit of FV in my mind)

You also need to have extrafanart available.  It should be in a folder called extrafanart within the Movie or TV Show directory that you are browsing.  Fanart Downloader automatically installs it there - just need to run it and leave it for a while

Glenn
(2018-03-21, 07:43)Skram0 Wrote: Can this work with the small LCD on the Antec Fusion? I know it couldn't do much with graphics on a small mono lcd. But I'm trying to get rid of my crappy iMon software that randomly holds down CTRL and keys requiring me to reset software or reboot.

The only thing I use the LCD for is time when not playing Kodi, and a spectrum eq display for audio when playing Kodi.

Maybe - best to try and see.
Glenn
(2018-03-18, 12:19)tabesp Wrote: Hi Glenn, thank you for quick reply. Sorry, maybe I didn´t explained the problem very well. It doesn´t matter if Kodi started with or without Partymode addon.

If I manually navigate to the Radio addon selecting and playing one of its station then the the station logo will be shown perfectly on the FrontView+ screen as expected.

The problem: To select a radio stream by the Partymode addon, first I have to add the stream from within the radio addon to Kodi´s favorits by right clicking and then add to Favorits. Then I might select this specific Favorit item, which is a Radio addon stream to play on startup by the Partymode addon. Just in this case, if Partymode addon is playing a Radio stream which is a Kodi Favorit, the station logo is not shown at FrontView+ screen.

Hi
Found sometime to have a look at this...

I can reproduce your issue - but unfortunately the issue lies with Kodi Favourites - it doesn't pass any fanart information on starting the file.

Unlike the radio addon - which passes fanart/thumb etc.

No simple fix I'm afraid - might be fixed in Kodi down the track (or added).  Alternative may be to use a smart-playlist, or try Super-Favourites - but unfortunately I'm not particularly familiar with either of those add-ons

Glenn
(2018-03-24, 13:00)GlennNZ Wrote:
(2018-03-21, 07:43)Skram0 Wrote: Can this work with the small LCD on the Antec Fusion? I know it couldn't do much with graphics on a small mono lcd. But I'm trying to get rid of my crappy iMon software that randomly holds down CTRL and keys requiring me to reset software or reboot.

Glenn  
 Didn't work, tried v1.270. Never light up my LCD. The onscreen program window worked neat, showed the cover art and everything. Although while the software was running it was on top of my Kodi so it was hard to exit Kodi until I exited Frontview+ software. Also, the uninstall didn't fully work, it left a readme and a manual on the desktop. Also left a startmenu folder I had to delete. AND I also had to manually delete the Kodi plugin that it left behind. I wonder how much else the uninstaller forgot to remove.

Obviously the software needs major work, and it doesn't seem compatible with small LCD text-only displays. Oh well..
(2018-03-31, 06:37)Skram0 Wrote:
(2018-03-24, 13:00)GlennNZ Wrote:

Glenn    
 Didn't work, tried v1.270. Never light up my LCD. The onscreen program window worked neat, showed the cover art and everything. Although while the software was running it was on top of my Kodi so it was hard to exit Kodi until I exited Frontview+ software. Also, the uninstall didn't fully work, it left a readme and a manual on the desktop. Also left a startmenu folder I had to delete. AND I also had to manually delete the Kodi plugin that it left behind. I wonder how much else the uninstaller forgot to remove.

Obviously the software needs major work, and it doesn't seem compatible with small LCD text-only displays. Oh well..  

Ha! - you seem to have an interesting definition of ‘Major work’ based on a couple of desktop links being left behind.  After all the source is on github - welcome to update the installer and issue a pull.
If you mentioned your display was LCD text only - could have told you would not have worked! (Small lcd monitors are another story, as are standalone separate windows tablets - both of which work). There is another plugin for that LCD text only - good luck with that one based on your definition of major work, and good luck with your system with iMon running on it.....
Hello,
i use estuary mod v2 which uses artwork beef to get fanart, clear logos and so on. These are stored into Kodi database. It is now possible to get the fanart of current playing video or artist or live tv? Only tv channel logo is displayed in fronview but i would like to see fanart.
Thanks
HTPC: Windows 10 Pro 22H2, Zalman HD135, Intel i3-7100, GTX 1070, UHD ASUS BW-16D1HT
NAS: Xpenology 7.2 Update 1, Intel i5-6600
(2018-04-08, 13:38)tehax Wrote: Hello,
i use estuary mod v2 which uses artwork beef to get fanart, clear logos and so on. These are stored into Kodi database. It is now possible to get the fanart of current playing video or artist or live tv? Only tv channel logo is displayed in fronview but i would like to see fanart.
Thanks
Will have a look at Artwork beef - but if stored within Database should be displayed.

Are you referring to Live Tv Only?  (presume the last or above should be a 'for' ?) 
Quote:eg: ? It is now possible to get the fanart of current playing video or artist for live tv?
If that is so - that is the issue. 
There is no fanart for livetv, artwork beef or Kodi cannot download every possible artwork for every possible TV show.  So there is no database entry for the episode you happen to be playing - hence no fanart is passed.  

If there is fanart passed to Kodi then that will be used, if no such fanart exisits - obviously it  can't.

Whilst kodi or FV+ could have a guess at the title/episode and try to grab online fanart; this would involve a lot more and probably better suited at the Kodi code end so can be used everywhere.

If I have misunderstood let me know.

Glenn
Hello Glenn,
artwork beef download for each series or movie several items like fanart, clear art, clear logo and so on when browsing through tv epg entries and as i understand save it into the kodi library. Click on a timeline epg on a movie to tv series and you will the the details.
Actual fv+ show only the tv channel logo and i think it could now show fanart for when watching tv. This should also work with series and movies librarys. There is no need anymore that fv+ download pictures and other stuff into its own cache folder imho. 
​​​​​​I notice that fv+ works also without kodi integration addon, may i am wrong.
HTPC: Windows 10 Pro 22H2, Zalman HD135, Intel i3-7100, GTX 1070, UHD ASUS BW-16D1HT
(2018-04-09, 18:08)tehax Wrote: Hello Glenn,
artwork beef download for each series or movie several items like fanart, clear art, clear logo and so on when browsing through tv epg entries and as i understand save it into the kodi library. Click on a timeline epg on a movie to tv series and you will the the details.
Actual fv+ show only the tv channel logo and i think it could now show fanart for when watching tv. This should also work with series and movies librarys. There is no need anymore that fv+ download pictures and other stuff into its own cache folder imho. 
​​​​​​I notice that fv+ works also without kodi integration addon, may i am wrong.
Frontview+ will use any fanart that is in Kodi's Library - regardless of where it comes from/Artwork Beef; Artwork Downloader etc..

Live TV - is different as there is no fanart in Kodi's library.  TV sereis/Movies all fine and currently show fanart as this is within Kodi's Library.
EPG depending on the EPG may show fanart if it is given.  If this fanart is not passed within Kodi then FV+ does not have access to it.

FV+ Cache is still needed for displaying the movie library screen amongst other reasons (particularly multiple SQL Kodi installs) - it is not always used however and if there is no image it is pulled straight from the Library.
You are welcome to turn on Debug/Trace logging and then play a couple of LiveTV channels and I can see what you LiveTV addon passes to FV+.  It ~should use fanart if passed and the normal issue is not fanart is passed.  But logs will confirm this.

G
I dont think, that artwork beef is used for showing artwork for live tv in the esuary mod. I think this does the Skin Helper Service.
Hello Glenn,
since the last v18 nightlies Frontview alwas lost connection to kodi or restarts itself and Kodi shows new connection found. Can you confim this?
(2018-07-21, 11:53)tehax Wrote: Hello Glenn,
since the last v18 nightlies Frontview alwas lost connection to kodi or restarts itself and Kodi shows new connection found. Can you confim this?

Quite possibly.
Nightlies are not supported by Kodi and certainly not supported by me.

Current Kodi 18 working on my testing...

Glenn
  • 23(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
FrontView+ -Info for 2nd Screen - iMon replacement3