• 406(current)
Kodi DSPlayer – DirectShow Player for Windows
i can open madVR no problem.

what i'm confused with is how Warner306 is able to use the Nvidia CP while playing a video in fulllscreen.

what i have just tried and seems to work is i set the nvidia CP display colour profiles (RGB, 12bit, full) for 23hz without kodi being launched. and then reset to 60hz (RGB, 8bit, Limited) in the nvidia CP.
i then launched kodi to a window (not fullscreen) and played a video in 60hz mode. i then changed via the nvidia CP to 23hz while the video was playing.
this resulted in nvidia switching to the 23hz profile with RGB, 12bit, Full. i then switched back to the 60hz mode and it defaulted to RGB, 8bit, Limited.
which is what was intended. so i know this works.

i have reset madvr so i will have to set up my profiles again then test auto switching within madvr against the nvidia CP profiles while playing a video in a window (not fullscreen) to see if the nvidia CP is actually doing what its supposed to do for output.

the problem i'm having is after creating a custom mode in madvr then playing a video for 30min then select an optimized timing from the list my repeated frames are still only showing 4-5min, no matter if i'm in FSE or FS mode.
the optimized mode starts off at 1-2hrs then drops like a stone to 4-5min.

i dont know if its connected but when i create a 23hz custom mode in madvr nvidia is creating a custom 24hz mode instead of 23hz.
i have tried a 24hz mode in madvr but makes no difference.
Check to see if you are actually getting any dropped or repeated frames. The custom mode screws with madVR's frame drop/repeat estimate.

And yes, you can just switch to 23hz and change the bit depth, save, and then return to the desktop refresh rate. I recommended playing a video as people don't always know which refresh rate to choose in the control panel. Playing a video can sometimes be easier.
hhhmmm, it never occurred to me to actually check what the nvidia CP was changing to with auto switching on in DSPlayer/madvr.

it matters not if i create custom modes or leave alone the results are always the same, apart from 50hz DVD material which is always no repeated frames for days/never.

madvr reports that there are maybe 1-4 dropped or repeated frames depending on the video for a whole movie. sometimes none.

unless i skip forward then it goes nutz, then settles but this is mostly on 4k-hdr material.

otherwise its smooth & synced playback throughout.
If you're getting that few dropped frames, then I wouldn't worry about it.
now got it playing for days or no dropped/repeated frames with 4k hdr, bluray and dvd :-)

Warner306 is correct in saying, dont touch the reset gpu button while configuring custom modes.

i also think that changing modes while in the nvidia cp helped as well, also changing to rgb, 12bit and full helped before configuring the custom mode.

also got rid of the sunburnt skin tones by changing the LG tv colour gamut to auto instead of wide, extended.
FYI, Kodi v18 (at least on LibrELEC) still outputs everything (including 10-bit HDR passthrough) at 8-bits and downcoverts or cross-converts every color space to sRGB before output. The gamma of sRGB and BT.709 are not the same even if the color coordinates are the same. This is really something they need to fix...

I’ve been switching between Kodi VideoPlayer and madVR for years and have always noticed very slight differences in color. It must be the conversion to sRGB. There must be another conversion from sRGB to BT.2020.
(2018-04-10, 06:08)Bibio Wrote: now got it playing for days or no dropped/repeated frames with 4k hdr, bluray and dvd :-)

Warner306 is correct in saying, dont touch the reset gpu button while configuring custom modes.

i also think that changing modes while in the nvidia cp helped as well, also changing to rgb, 12bit and full helped before configuring the custom mode.

also got rid of the sunburnt skin tones by changing the LG tv colour gamut to auto instead of wide, extended.
I take it you disabled color calibration controls in madVR? In that case, madVR would output BT.709. You could try setting the calibration to BT.2020 or DCI-P3 and setting the LG back to wide or extended, but having it convert to BT.709 when SDR content is encountered would be more accurate than upconverting from madVR to DCI-P3. The calibration setting in madVR only effects SDR mode, not HDR passthrough, FYI.
(2018-04-08, 17:54)mkohman Wrote: Guys, apologise in advance as this may not seem relevant to this thread but I need some help and guidance. My cousin has requested to purchase my HTPC off me which is awesome as I can now fully upgrade and start from scratch.. Smile I am in the process of RMA'ing the RX 560 4GB card I purchased for £159.00 and will purchase the RX580 4GB for £299.00 (Original price is around £400 + depends where your purchasing from) So I really would like to know which motherboard, ram, cpu etc to purchase. Please see below specs I have in mind:
  • HTPC Case (Silverstone GD09B) this is what I have in mind but I don't mind any other recommendations as I am starting from scratch...
  • GPU - Sapphire RX580 4GB Nitro + (Already Purchased)
  • PSU - EVGA 750W GQ Power Supply (Semi Modular) - will this be sufficient? Is it a good power supply?
  • Motherboard - Has to have DDR4 ram slots and PCI-3 express slot, not sure ATX or mini ITX? I guess if I purchase the GD09B it won't make a difference as it can take both.
  • CPU - Which CPU is recommended? i3 , i5 or i7? baring in mind I will only be using as HTPC and for 4K movies viewing no gaming..
  • CPU Cooling - I already have a Corsair H50 cooler. will this work with the new intel slot motherboards or do I need to get a new one? If so which cooler do you recommend?
  • RAM - I think 8GB will be plenty so either 1 strip of 8gb or 2 x 4GB Huh which brand and model is recommended.
  • SSD Drive - Will only have windows 10 with Kodi and Madvr etc.. No other programs so don't need a lot of space, 120gbHuh?

Hi, built up my HTPC twoi weeks ago, so i can give you a short Input.

HTPC Case (Silverstone GD09B) - Bought the same, ist fine!
GPU - Sapphire RX580 4GB Nitro + (Already Purchased) - Geforce 1050 Ti, because of Netflix and Windows 10, AMD sould be ready soon (?) for Netflix UHD
Be Quit Pure Power 10 - modular, you do not Need so much power
asus b350f gaming (was in sale), B350 F should also be fine
AMD Ryzen 2200G, if you wouold like to save the extra GPU better Ryzen 2400G (means to use madVr low Profile) but saves GPU. You Need GPU Power, no CPU Power ...
2*4 GB, DUAL. Look at the Motherboard Distributor . i bought gskill ripjaw V 2800
as 120-250 is no big move, i choose 250 Samsung EV 860, works fine
cooling, AMD boxed coolers are fine. In the HTPC case there is one 120mm, blowing in . I bought another 120 noctua PWM fan (!) blowing in on the other side and two 80mm noctua PWM for blowing out on the backside.

you still hear nothing!!! fan Profil Standard, not quiet ...
as an advice, i bough a FLIRC too, so i can controll by harmony remote (starting over USB power) and startiung kodi and so on with autohotkey
(2018-04-11, 02:50)Warner306 Wrote:
(2018-04-10, 06:08)Bibio Wrote: now got it playing for days or no dropped/repeated frames with 4k hdr, bluray and dvd :-)

I take it you disabled color calibration controls in madVR? In that case, madVR would output BT.709. You could try setting the calibration to BT.2020 or DCI-P3 and setting the LG back to wide or extended, but having it convert to BT.709 when SDR content is encountered would be more accurate than upconverting from madVR to DCI-P3. The calibration setting in madVR only effects SDR mode, not HDR passthrough, FYI.  
 its actually HDR content that is the problem. i have noticed that its dependent on the nits value of the video when it hits 4000+nits it turns skin tones to something resembling sunburn.

i thought i had found a solution by using filename rules e.g. video name profile=UHD1.mkv but i soon found out that you cant use profile auto select rules at the same time so abandoned it. the profile=xxx worked but it meant that i would have to rename every single file in my collection which would be a major task. if i do decide to do it then i could control the PQ of every single video i have in my collection by creating group profile/profiles but its too much work.

if there were a way to use profile auto rules boolean and filename rules at the same time then i would be in heaven as i could set a profile for each nits value of hdr files not to mention more control over older SD content :-)

if there was a way to write boolean along the lines of, if (srcWidth = 3420) and (HDR) and (nits >=4000) "HDR1" then that would be even better but i dont know if madVR recognises nits values in its boolean logic.

i'm slowly beginning to learn that madVR is a very very powerful rendering tool that has a lot more functions that meets the eye.
@Bibio couldn't you also just use process HDR content by usin gpixel shader math, setting peak nits, and making sure "send HDR metadata to display is checked?
(2018-04-11, 20:31)spencerjford Wrote: @Bibio couldn't you also just use process HDR content by usin gpixel shader math, setting peak nits, and making sure "send HDR metadata to display is checked?
 That only works if your display doesn't activate its own tone mapping. This won't work for everyone. Mostly, the gamma can be changed and maybe some of the values will be further compressed. I am betting this only works with a few displays. They are pretty dumb when it comes to tone mapping, even when madVR changes the metadata to say that it has been compressed already. The display may not interpret this metadata correctly.

There is no nits value in the profile logic. Although, I don't quite understand what you are trying to do.
(2018-04-11, 20:31)spencerjford Wrote: @Bibio couldn't you also just use process HDR content by usin gpixel shader math, setting peak nits, and making sure "send HDR metadata to display is checked?
 i'll try that in a little while. will be elegant if it works :-)
(2018-04-11, 21:22)Warner306 Wrote:
 That only works if your display doesn't activate its own tone mapping. This won't work for everyone. Mostly, the gamma can be changed and maybe some of the values will be further compressed. I am betting this only works with a few displays. They are pretty dumb when it comes to tone mapping, even when madVR changes the metadata to say that it has been compressed already. The display may not interpret this metadata correctly.

There is no nits value in the profile logic. Although, I don't quite understand what you are trying to do. 
 i use madVR with FULL Group Profiles and Profiles within the groups. this gives me pretty much full control within madVR for each video content type.

there are only two types of content that give me headaches, the first being HDR 4K due to the nits values and very old DVD's that are very poor quality dating back to pretty much when DVD first came out.

if i could set different profiles that were dependant on media PQ then it would make life a lot easier and this is what i'm trying to achieve.

a little question that i'm also confused about. with me being in the UK are all my DVD's classed as PAL?
(2015-04-02, 15:29)aracnoz Wrote: Krypton Releases:Setup 32bit: DSPlayer 17.6 Krypton - build (20171126-b654205) (pdb)
Setup 64bit: DSPlayer 17.6 Krypton - build (20171126-13194ec) (pdb) (unstable)
26 November 2017 (x86-b654205) (x64-13194ec)
  • Added some workarounds for Windows Fall Creators Update
  • Updated madvrsettings v1.0.6 (madVR 0.92.9)
  • Fixed DSPlayer audio delay was not properly applied in some case
  • Merged with the official Kodi 17.6 Krypton Final
24 October 2017 (x86-4783bcc) (x64-930c874)
  • General improvements and fixes for DSPlayer Dialog and OSD
  • General improvements for madVR settings handling
  • General improvements for DSPlayer code and IDSPlayer interface
  • Refactor DSPlayer change resolution
  • Update DialogProcessInfo to show more detailed audio codec name (e.g. DTS-HD, TrueHD)
  • Updated madvrsettings v1.0.4 (madVR 0.92.7)
  • Updated internal Sanear to v0.3 (DSPlayer build 9ab8c9c)
  • Updated internal LavFilters to v0.70.2.80 (DSPlayer version)
  • Fixed DialogProcessInfo HW/SW label could be wrong when lavfilter fallback to a different decoder
  • Fixed GUI may flicker while EVR Playback with some Intel Graphics
  • Fixed play media without audio (x64)
  • Merged with the official Kodi 17.5 Krypton Final
  • Setup 32bit: DSPlayer 17.5 Krypton - build (20171024-4783bcc) (pdb)
  • Setup 64bit: DSPlayer 17.5 Krypton - build (20171024-930c874) (pdb) (unstable)

@aracnoz et al... can anyone elaborate on what workarounds for Windows Fall Creators Update were included with 17.6 and what they address? I'm still on 17.5 and wondering if I should upgrade... and I'm not sure if it's the same thing in 17.5 with regards to Update DialogProcessInfo to show more detailed audio codec name (e.g. DTS-HD, TrueHD), when playing a movie with dts-HD Master Audio and bringing up the OSD in VideoPlayer it shows the dts-HD Master Audio icon, but when playing the same movie with DSPlayer it does not. All other icons are displayed correctly with DSPlayer including Dolby Digital, TrueHD and regular DTS, just not dts-HD. I've created screenshots to show what I mean but am unable to upload them here. Thanks for any help/suggestions. Awesome work aracnoz, your efforts are greatly appreciated!
well none of the above worked. only thing that is taking the sunburn effect away is setting the TV colour gamut to auto. suppose there is no harm as long as it works.
  • 406(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi DSPlayer – DirectShow Player for Windows47