The Thumbnail Folder has exceeded 500 MB...
First of all I want to thank the Kodi developers for the excellent work they have done on Kodi. For many years I have been wanting to use a PC as the center of my media center and with Kodi I finally can. Thank you so much for your dedication and hard work. Now on to my problem...

I am using stock Kodi 17.6 on Windows 10. Every time I start Kodi I get this message "The Thumbnail folder has exceeded 500 MB. Would you like to delete...".

I do not want to delete the thumbnails. Last time I did so it was a real pain in the neck to get them to repopulate. The scraper doesn't seem to be working as good as it use to and a lot of the poster artwork for movies just aren't downloading back at all. I have to manually choose the artwork because there seems to be a lot of broken links in the choices.

So I am wondering if there is a way to just permanently turn off this message, or set the thumbnail folder size to a higher level before complaining. I have looked through all the settings I could find and don't see anywhere I can turn this off or change the size.

Thank you in advance for any help you may give. I did use the search here on the forum but could not find any posts answering this problem. A google search turned up links to discussions here about the problem, but the threads have already been deleted.
This is the first time I've heard of this issue. I don't think there is anything inside of Kodi that monitors the thumbnail folder size, but obviously it gets triggerd when Kodi is run. Check your properties of the windows 'trashcan' and upload a proper debug log to a public pastebin (turn on logging in settings, exit Kodi, and then restart to the point of the message, it's that log that will offer a clue).

Quick edit: My thumbnail folder is in the gigabyte range).
I had a thumbnail file size of over 5GB which made backing up very slow.

So I went into APPDATA and deleted the Thumbnail folder and, for me, the thumbnails repopulated on demand with minuscule delay.
(2018-04-15, 22:04)JNRW Wrote: So I went into APPDATA and deleted the Thumbnail folder
If you delete the Thumbnails folder, also delete the Textures13.db database file, it will get rid of older thumb references as well as unnecessary reloading of old thumbs.
The KCleaner addon from this thread here: https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=307919 is extremely helpful to manage this situation, and it can be setup to run completely automatically which is very useful.

I have KCleaner set to run once per week and I no longer even worry about my thumbnails, etc.

(2018-04-15, 22:04)JNRW Wrote: ...the thumbnails repopulated on demand with minuscule delay.
Yes, my thumbnails also repopulate with miniscule delay, so it's not really an issue.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge please click the 'Thumb Up - Like' button to show me your appreciation :)
For YouTube questions see the official thread here.
(2018-04-15, 23:03)Klojum Wrote:
(2018-04-15, 22:04)JNRW Wrote: So I went into APPDATA and deleted the Thumbnail folder
If you delete the Thumbnails folder, also delete the Textures13.db database file, it will get rid of older thumb references as well as unnecessary reloading of old thumbs.

Thank you for the tip. I was unaware of that.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
The Thumbnail Folder has exceeded 500 MB...0