• 75(current)
EMINENCE 2 MOD (REVIVED)
My stillwatching xml has already been tweaked by me so ill load the one included in the skin and test it to be sure. On another note, i was curious about the behavior of the left and right keys in the Hubs. When i first enter a hub, left and right do not do anything, which is my preference. However if ive went into one of the entries in the hub and then return to the hub, left/right will go back into the last hub entry that i was in OR the base of the video library. IIRC which way did which seemed to depend on whether the hub widget location was flipped. I searched quite a lot but couldnt find anything about this anywhere. Is this an intended behavior? If so is there somewhere i can make an edit to disable it? Id rather not have my parents stumbling into the root of the video library for example. Im not sure if i have worded this eloquently enough so let me know if i need to explain more thoroughly.
I'm getting instant crash on start if I have Skin helper service installed with this mod . INSTANT . only happens with this skin . there is NOTHING in the debug log about a crash or error . 

Any pointers on where to look for the cause ? 

if i delete the Skin helper service from the addon folder it doesn't crash and everything appears fine except for the error from the skin that it must be installed . as soon as i install it bam crash and crash on following startups right away !

I'm at a loss, I'll test next if it happens on the shield . 

This happens on a COMPLETELY bone stock clean Kodi install (deleted kodi in appdata ) install this skin and dependen. bam crash as soon as skin helper service is installed .

EDIT: great its now happening with other skins . just did a complete clean Uninstall of Kodi and user folders . clean install , once i install Marcelveldt's Skin Helper Service , bam instant crash Sad

I'm quite experienced on how to use kodi and troubleshoot but i'm at a complete loss without anything coming up in the log
Hi Alanon,
I was just wondering if there is a way to make the thumbnail look bigger on the widget when the thumbnails are landscape format. Portrait thumbnails are perfect but episodes thumbnails are usually on landscape format. Thanks. ImageImage
@dairtoshine I know exactly what you mean. The bug is actually the opposite, as the same step should work on the switched interface as well. I can't remember when this change came to be, but someone requested this hub navigation feature for some reason, which seem valid to me at the time. I'm not sure what to do about this, as it really would be too much to create a setting for this as well. I suppose a sort of compromise would be to leave it as is, and then you'll be able to have no navigation problems on the switched interface?

@SerpentDrago69 This really does sound like there is some underlying issue. I've never heard of a Skin Helper crash on a totally clean machine. Does it happen even with Estuary? Did you make sure it's the latest version? Is the log completely empty, or are there at least some entries in it? Sorry for the barrage of questions, but I pretty much  haven't got the faintest what might be the problem. Any info might be useful.

@prettysick I'm aware that it looks a bit jarring, but the problem is a bit trickier than just size. At the moment, there is no separate container for landscape images because I haven't been able to figure out how to distinguish them in the widget system that the skin uses. So the images you are seeing are images placed in the same poster container. At the moment, I have no way of teling either the users or Kodi which of the numerous add-ons that can be used as widgets have posters and which have thumbnails, so I can't really create a full-fledged system. What I potentially could do is make a fallback system, wherein the skin widgets would automatically switch to thumbnails if there is no poster image, or something like that. However, this is only theoretical, as I don't really know if that would cause more problems than solutions. It will need some time to iron out and test.
Eminence 2 MOD, Revived & Improved

If you've found me helpful, eh, maybe press the Like button? If you like, you can click here for donations. :)
Is it possible to specify which main menu item appears first when Eminence launches?

On my LibreELEC/Linux box the main menu opens at ‘TV Shows’, but on my PC it opens at the penultimate item, ie ‘Settings’.  I would like both menus to default to ‘Settings’.  The menu order/Skin Settings seem to be the same in both instances.

Any assistance would be appreciated!
I definately understand the reason not to add another setting, I know you mentioned there being enough now that people are getting confused. Is there an xml i can tweak to remove this navigation for my own use, perhaps? Either way, thank you for your time
(2018-04-14, 17:48)Vitruvius3 Wrote: Is it possible to specify which main menu item appears first when Eminence launches?On my LibreELEC/Linux box the main menu opens at ‘TV Shows’, but on my PC it opens at the penultimate item, ie ‘Settings’.  I would like both menus to default to ‘Settings’.  The menu order/Skin Settings seem to be the same in both instances.Any assistance would be appreciated!

This is actually a bit tricky. First off, the vertical menu already defines the sixth menu item as the default, as that's the fixed focus point. The whole issue lies with the horizontal menus, as they are acctually panels, and Kodi doesn't have an easy way of predefining a focus position for panels. What I can do is make sure that the actual first menu item is focused when the home window loads (this means the first menu entry defined in the main menu shortcuts setup).

With this implementation, I can still retain the user changes to the focused items - for example, if you enter the seventh menu entry and return home, the same entry will remain focused. Anything more nuanced would require many workarounds, as I imagine I would have to make each potential menu entry identifiable to the skin, so it would be much more complicated to institute some kind of user-configurable setting. This should at least keep it consistent.

(2018-04-16, 03:27)dairtoshine Wrote: I definately understand the reason not to add another setting, I know you mentioned there being enough now that people are getting confused. Is there an xml i can tweak to remove this navigation for my own use, perhaps? Either way, thank you for your time

Actually, after some consideration, I went ahead and removed the behaviour, as I couldn't figure out the benefit.

Both fixes mentioned will be included in the next update.

If you've found me helpful, eh, maybe press the Like button? If you like, you can click here for donations. :)
Thanks very much Alanon - that would be great!
Cheers Alanon, you are the man!
I was starting to play with the Showcase widget.  I added the Video Addons section as one of the Showcase rows, but when I do so it does not allow me to open the addons from showcase.  I have to click the menu button, go to information and then click open if I wanted to open the addon.  Is there some way to fix this?  All of my other rows work without issue.
(2018-04-20, 22:52)stevo629 Wrote: I was starting to play with the Showcase widget.  I added the Video Addons section as one of the Showcase rows, but when I do so it does not allow me to open the addons from showcase.  I have to click the menu button, go to information and then click open if I wanted to open the addon.  Is there some way to fix this?  All of my other rows work without issue.
I've just finished looking into this issue, and it's definitely a bug. From what I can see it's been there forever, as I can reproduce it in the original Eminence. From what I understand the problem is that the skin registers "video" as the activating window instead of "videos". Kodi can't resolve this non-existing window, and so nothing happens.

That's all fine and everything, but I have very little knowledge of the mysteries of skin helper widget controls. I've taken a thorough look through the code to see if there's some skin setting that I can repair and just drew a blank, I can't find anything that defines these points of reference. If anyone has thoughts on where to look, I'd appreciate it?

This is what Ive been looking for. How can I install it on an Apple TV where I cannot add files to. Only can install from sources.
(2018-04-23, 08:09)hertn Wrote: This is what Ive been looking for. How can I install it on an Apple TV where I cannot add files to. Only can install from sources.
It's going to be a bit tricky. The main problem is that I don't have a server where I can place my repository, and so there is no direct URL that you can add as a source. Once you get the repo installed, however, I presume it should be simple to install and update the skin. I've looked around for a bit and there seem to be three basic solutions.

The first option I've found referenced on the forums, someone said that you can download a zip and then upload it to a file-host like Dropbox if you have an account. Then, you can use Kodi's Dropbox add-on to login to your account, download the zip to the Apple TV, and then use the Install as Zip feature. The best way to do this is to use the File Manager to define a location beforehand, so that your zip file doesn't get lost - adding the Home location into the File Manager is a fairly safe bet. Then, when you download the zip, you tell it to save into Home, and when installing from a zip file, you can immediately find it in the home section.

The second option is to use some sort of networking solution, like Samba share. This should also simplify the process of transferring files, once you get the devices connected. Here is a link to some file sharing options and clarifications, but I have no idea if they all work with Apple. I'm also not sure how and where this would save your files, if linking it to Kodi would mean that it places it directly into one of Kodi's internal folders, then it might work. I can't be of much help there, as the Apple ecosystem is completely unknown to me.

The last option would be to use (mod - addons removed) add-ons to retrieve the files from my GitHub. These are all third party solutions intended for "automatic" and "easy" install of many add-ons, and from what I've read, some of these tools can be very annoying and intrusive. If you decide to go with this route, I would advise you to use them only to install the repo and then remove them from your system. There are several tutorials on the web for the somewhat complicated setup process, like (mod - link removed).

Keep in mind that this is all theoretical, you might find some better way that I haven't mentioned, or don't know about. Hopefully you're not discouraged from trying to get it to work after reading all this. Nerd Good luck, and please fell free to ask for more help if you get stuck somewhere.

EDIT

Mod note: while I appreciate the advice to only install and then remove these addons/repos, we don't permit any discussion of piracy on this forum. Unfortunately, those links you provided all fall into that category.

(2018-04-23, 11:25)Alanon Wrote:
(2018-04-23, 08:09)hertn Wrote: This is what Ive been looking for. How can I install it on an Apple TV where I cannot add files to. Only can install from sources.
It's going to be a bit tricky. The main problem is that I don't have a server where I can place my repository, and so there is no direct URL that you can add as a source. Once you get the repo installed, however, I presume it should be simple to install and update the skin. I've looked around for a bit and there seem to be three basic solutions.

The first option I've found referenced on the forums, someone said that you can download a zip and then upload it to a file-host like Dropbox if you have an account. Then, you can use Kodi's Dropbox add-on to login to your account, download the zip to the Apple TV, and then use the Install as Zip feature. The best way to do this is to use the File Manager to define a location beforehand, so that your zip file doesn't get lost - adding the Home location into the File Manager is a fairly safe bet. Then, when you download the zip, you tell it to save into Home, and when installing from a zip file, you can immediately find it in the home section.

The second option is to use some sort of networking solution, like Samba share. This should also simplify the process of transferring files, once you get the devices connected. Here is a link to some file sharing options and clarifications, but I have no idea if they all work with Apple. I'm also not sure how and where this would save your files, if linking it to Kodi would mean that it places it directly into one of Kodi's internal folders, then it might work. I can't be of much help there, as the Apple ecosystem is completely unknown to me.

The last option would be to use (mod - addons removed) add-ons to retrieve the files from my GitHub. These are all third party solutions intended for "automatic" and "easy" install of many add-ons, and from what I've read, some of these tools can be very annoying and intrusive. If you decide to go with this route, I would advise you to use them only to install the repo and then remove them from your system. There are several tutorials on the web for the somewhat complicated setup process, like (mod - link removed).

Keep in mind that this is all theoretical, you might find some better way that I haven't mentioned, or don't know about. Hopefully you're not discouraged from trying to get it to work after reading all this. Nerd Good luck, and please fell free to ask for more help if you get stuck somewhere.

EDITMod note: while I appreciate the advice to only install and then remove these addons/repos, we don't permit any discussion of piracy on this forum. Unfortunately, those links you provided all fall into that category. 
 Thanks! Tried the DBMC Dropbox addon. It didn't let me add a dropbox account. Uninstalled it. Then tried the SMB and other network solutions but I cannot get a connection going. After hours of messing with the first two options I resorted to one of the add ons you mentioned and it was super easy with that. Now the only thing I cannot figure out is how to make the colors light instead of the dark theme?
There are two basic styles that you can change in the root skin menu, the same one where you select the skin. The default is the dark one, but there is also a white colour scheme. The dark one is not black, it's mostly transparent, with a subtle dark overlay.

You can further customise various colour settings within a chosen scheme. There are colour options throughout the Skin Settings, and also a section for various colours. You can define them through a selector menu and choose between various colour pallettes.

Keep in mind that all customisable colour entries have a transparency option as well. You can set background, selection, accent tints, panel and widget colours, etc, so it will take you a while to make everything fit just right between various colour combinations.

• 75(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
EMINENCE 2 MOD (REVIVED)21