• 29(current)
v17 Artwork Beef - automatically add extended artwork
I'd like a bit more verbouse screen logging if possible. At the moment I only see the track title when its searching for artwork and there is no display of what actual artwork type it is searching for.

Suggestion would be for something like this on the popup when downloading online metadata.

Searching for: [Music] Artist - Album
Dave has come up with an alternative, likely better, solution to artwork in the music library for boxed sets and albums with multiple discs, so skinners, don't spend too much time on the goofy bit I pitched last week. Some edge cases need brainstorming for extended art, but I may end up rearranging Artwork Beef to work like that. Nope, Dave implemented a similar system as I have in the Artwork Beef documentation.

(2018-04-07, 11:23)Mario S. Wrote: Here are my Logfile when running Artwork Beef for only for testing Album art.
I use two diferent shares for music art smb and for music nfs.
And in the music art folder artwork beef can write files but not the album art all other files okay (clearart , clearlogo , thumb , fanart , fanart1.......)

Unfortunately that didn't show me much. Can you post another debug log: remove the local artwork files that is saved in the album folder for a couple of albums, then run "Add missing artwork" from the context menu on those albums?

Are you sure Artwork Beef is downloading this artwork, rather than just using artwork that was already there? Artwork Beef will still find and use artwork in the album directories rather than download new images to the artwork folder.

(2018-04-08, 08:24)cwebster Wrote: Thank you CaptainKen.

I can login to my NAS as admin and it doesn't make a difference. I think it's a problem with the way Artwork Beef saves things. HOW DO I REVERSE IT!?!?! (in a calm way Smile

Thank you.

"nobody" owners are likely a configuration issue on your NAS, in user mappings for the user that Kodi uses to access the shared file system. You should be able to fix these files with a command like `sudo chown -R youruser:yourgroup /path/to/moviesetartwork/`, replacing youruser:yourgroup with information your NAS assigns when managing with the Windows computer. However, this will likely continue to happen for new files created from Kodi until that configuration issue is taken care of, so you may want to research further. Artwork Beef is not responsible for this.

(2018-04-08, 10:38)Gade Wrote: Hi rmrector.

Thanks for this great addon!

Is it possible to create a button similar to this:
Code:
<control type="button" id="xxx">
    <description>Get Artwork</description>
    <onclick>RunScript(script.artwork.beef,mode=gui,audiotype=artist,dbid=$INFO[ListItem.DBID])</onclick>
    <visible>System.HasAddon(script.artwork.beef)</visible>
</control>

And it opens up the image selection, like it does for movies, tv shows etc.

Both for artists, albums and songs?   

Yup. Use the same command as the video library, but set mediatype to "artist", "album", or "song". `RunScript(script.artwork.beef,mode=gui,mediatype=artist,dbid=$INFO[ListItem.DBID])`

(2018-04-08, 14:51)asagala Wrote: Question. I am having a hard time getting Artwork Beef to download art for movies in french. Ex: This movie Junior Majeur https://www.themoviedb.org/movie/483407-...uage=en-US has posters, fanart but cant get them to scrape. Same thing for https://www.themoviedb.org/movie/417478-...uage=en-US

Any ideas why?

If no artwork from web services is available even when you manually "Select artwork ...", then the movie may be missing a web service ID, like an IMDB number; see the second bullet point here for possible fixes.

If artwork is visible there and Artwork Beef just isn't adding the poster automatically, I'll put that on the list to fix in the next version.

(2018-04-11, 22:25)o0nightfire0o Wrote: is there a way for me to centrolize all the artwork to a folder i choose?

Only for the music library and movie set artwork, not other videos. I do want to expand it to everything in the library, though, so it may come in the future.

(2018-04-13, 03:37)Kokonutcreme Wrote: @rmrector

Running v0.18.5 I had configured AB "Do not add automatically add artwork from web services, only identify local files" in General settings and for Movies had ticked "Download image files for processed movies"

I then noticed that after refreshing a movie or scanning new titles to the library a thumb.jpg for poster was added to the movie folder.

I figured that it was because of the enabled option under Movies, so I deselected "Download image files for processed movies", refreshed a movie title and checked and no thumb.jpg was added.

My question is, does the setting in Movies override the general setting to only identify local files?

These two options do slightly different things. "Download all artwork for ..." will download newly selected and currently existing artwork, if any are in the Kodi database as a URL, but won't search for and add new artwork from web services.

(2018-04-16, 10:42)docwra Wrote: I'd like a bit more verbouse screen logging if possible. At the moment I only see the track title when its searching for artwork and there is no display of what actual artwork type it is searching for.

Suggestion would be for something like this on the popup when downloading online metadata.

Searching for: [Music] Artist - Album

I'll look into this.
@Mario S. @rmrector 

By any chance do you have artwork embedded in the audio file? 

I have notice that artwork beef wont save album art if there is embedded art.

How i checked was to use mp3 tag and looked at the 'cover' column.

EDIT: I havn't had a chance to thoroughly test this out. It's really is a quick observation.
Madnox 2.0
Forum / Source
Thread search isn't helping so I must be looking for the wrong thing. When I run this where does the artwork get stored?
@Tatts4Life  In the folder next to the movie file. You can alter the settings to centralise movieset artwork
Thanks
I don't know why I thought I read it was somewhere else or all photos are in one folder
Quote:Only for the music library and movie set artwork, not other videos. I do want to expand it to everything in the library, though, so it may come in the future.

I would love to see this. I feel like my source files have gotten a ton of clutter, and I'd rather have it all in one spot on an SSD (same place as kodi and OS) that is always fast and available rather than pinging and waking up all of the hard drives I have added to my library as I scroll (which is what I assume has to happen?). It would also make backing up/deleting all artwork extremely easy.

Thank you for the addon though, great work.
(2018-04-17, 05:06)Carnigg Wrote: @Tatts4Life  In the folder next to the movie file. You can alter the settings to centralise movieset artwork
 Can all the downloaded artwork {FanArt; Poster: CDart; Banner; etc...} be stored in one single folder?

@rmrector 

Also, I found out once everything loaded it take some time to load when browsing through my movies.
MY CURRENT MEDIA PLAYER | MY HOME THEATER
MINIX NEO U22-XJ COREELEC v19 MATRIX | EGREAT A10 | NVIDIA SHIELD | LG 75 NANO90 DV/HDR+ | Sony 43 Android TV HDR
XBOX SERIES X  | PS4 PRO 4K | JBL 9.1 System 5.1.4 DTS:X/ATMOS 
@Mario S. Yup, Mr. V has another possibility. Artwork Beef won't replace any artwork that exists in Kodi's database (unless it's a local image file that no longer exists on the file system), so it won't download a replacement, either.

@syxrail After Kodi caches all the images, media hard drives don't need to spin up to display artwork - unless your skin uses the classic extrafanart right from the file system or you prune the texture cache too much. Edit: whoops, Kodi will periodically spin the drives up to check for changes.

@movie78 1. music and movie set artwork only for now. 2. Yeah, when Kodi needs to load a bunch of new images it can be slow, but once most images have been displayed and cached it should speed back up. You can use Texture Cache Maintenance Utility to cache all the images before browsing into the library.
Thumbs Up 
Hello ! rmrector  Good job, Good job !

Mille mercis...
(2018-04-16, 22:29)Mr. V Wrote: @Mario S. @rmrector 

By any chance do you have artwork embedded in the audio file? 

I have notice that artwork beef wont save album art if there is embedded art.

How i checked was to use mp3 tag and looked at the 'cover' column.

EDIT: I havn't had a chance to thoroughly test this out. It's really is a quick observation.
Yes all my music files have embedded Covers .
Is there a known issue with Fanart.tv at the moment? For some reason all the first options for Remote Art are showing no image. I'm assuming it's Fanart.tv since for Logo and so on it's all the Remote options are blank, while Posters it's just the first bunch then it shows options (which I assume are from the TMDB)

I've tried no personal API, I've tried my personal one, I've made a new API and tried that as well. All without any success in showing the Remote Art images in manual selection.

I'm currently using Aeon Nox: SiLVO
Okay, so finally realized there was a context menu Add-on and downloaded that.

If I go into Logo it will give me a list of all the images that are on Fanart.tv but it won't show their image. If I click to use it, it sets the image as nothing (but actually sets it. So instead of seeing the title of a movie I just see a black space where a Logo should be)

What the hell is going on... This is driving me crazy lol
Thanks for the update for albums with multiple discs, some are showing discs now where they weren't before the update, but not all. Also the disc cdart doesn't change when you play the next disc. For example when Im listening to disc one of an album its showing disc 1 cdart like it should but still shows disc 1 cdart when listening to disc 2. Is this likely because I need to wait for Aeon Nox Silvo to update to better support artwork beef 0.18.5?

appreciate your hard work on this addon, keep up the good work
I've been testing AB on Kodi 18 music library and have a problem or issue.  AB is scanning my local artist info and music source folder tree and picking up randomly named .jpg files which get added as new arttypes.  Is there a way to whitelist what arttypes/filenames are added from local image files (music)?

scott s.
  • 29(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Artwork Beef - automatically add extended artwork5