• 12(current)
Req BD and UHD BD Menu support
I think the jvm would need to be spawned as a process right? This would not work on iOS and tvOS for example because apps are not allowed to do so (it simply would crash)
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
I also see licensing issues (I doubt it's compatible to GPL, so we can't ship it)
(2018-04-08, 18:10)da-anda Wrote: I also see licensing issues (I doubt it's compatible to GPL, so we can't ship it)
 According to this page:
http://davy.preuveneers.be/phoneme/?q=node/28

It's GPL version 2.
phoneME source code:
https://github.com/nikita36078/phoneME-android
So how are companies like Zidoo, Egreat, and Zapitti able to accomplish this on Android platform?
MY CURRENT MEDIA PLAYER | MY HOME THEATER
MINIX NEO U22-XJ COREELEC v19 MATRIX | EGREAT A10 | NVIDIA SHIELD | LG 75 NANO90 DV/HDR+ | Sony 43 Android TV HDR
XBOX SERIES X  | PS4 PRO 4K | JBL 9.1 System 5.1.4 DTS:X/ATMOS 
with proprietary code they don't open and violating the GPL
(2018-04-16, 17:03)wsnipex Wrote: with proprietary code they don't open and violating the GPL
 Understand, Vidon and any afflilate with Vidon was Banner from Kodi forum from not sharing thie BD J source, so why Zidoo is still in the Kodi forum if they haven't share their source code?
MINIX NEO U22-XJ COREELEC v19 MATRIX | EGREAT A10 | NVIDIA SHIELD | LG 75 NANO90 DV/HDR+ | Sony 43 Android TV HDR
Will this help

https://github.com/zidootech/ZDMC/releases
ZDMC just integrate the closed realtek system player with kodi, so no, doesnt help.
(2018-04-18, 08:06)Koying Wrote: ZDMC just integrate the closed realtek system player with kodi, so no, doesnt help.
 Slightly off-topic maybe, but: Is that a software or hardware (SoC) system from Realtek? It was my understanding that, while Realtek still produce SoC's for media playback, they excluded Blu-ray Disc Java from their chips due to Cinavia, because of pricey licenses (as far as I understood)?
BD-J is software.
Cinavia is a low-level watermarking system, mandatory for certified players, to identify illegal copies.
(2018-04-18, 14:08)Koying Wrote: BD-J is software.
Cinavia is a low-level watermarking system, mandatory for certified players, to identify illegal copies.
 Yes I know.
But I've often seen that argument on various forums. Like e.g. why Popcorn Hour devices after A300 and C300 no longer supported BD-J, but having no problem playing the videos on a Blu-ray. "Cinavia", people said. Same goes for Dune devices.
So I assumed maybe it was a licensing issue. Because being able to play M2TS files doesn't require a license - so any chip can do this without paying The Blu-ray Disc Association anything. But as soon as BD-J is added - then you can't escape that you're playing a Blu-ray - and then you have to pay a license fee to BDA.
And when Cinavia was introduced, it became - as you say - mandatory in all players, and thus upping the license fee (I assume). So avoiding BD-J probably made a lot of sense from a financial point of view.

I don't think it was a decision by Cloud Media (Popcorn Hour), but rather by Sigma who made the chips.

I thought Realtek did the same, but apparently not, if RTD1295 in Zidoo devices is what handles BD-J. I always thought it was software that handled it in these Android TV boxes, just like Kodi v18 will.
Could whoever created this thread update first post about current status for this? I am wondering if there is support for this now?
current status is 'wait for Leia to be released' and on some platforms it will probably work.
If phoneme is a dealbreaker (Though i don't see why on android as it's gpl) What about androports jdk?
  • 12(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
BD and UHD BD Menu support3