• 120(current)
Intel Apollo Lake
Hi, guys
I'm kinda of confused here, don't know if it's the player problem or projector problem or my HTPC or AV receiver.
HEVC 10 bit 2160p file playback fine but my projector Epson 5040 shows only 8 bit@4:2:0 and BT 709
It doesn't matter the content being played, info on the projector menu shows the same 8 bit@4:2:0 and BT 709
it's the same 8 bit too when nothing is playing only showing the desktop.

My setup is J3455 Apollo Lake HW decode using onboard HDMI port and Win 10 pro with Kodi 17.5 , tried MPC-HC the same thing.
Cable connection is HTPC to Marantz AV7703 to the projector.
Any thoughts?

BTW, does it have to do with HDMI spec like 1.4, 2.0? Or how can you tell the HDMI cable capability?
(2018-03-04, 13:37)KarstenL680 Wrote: For a friend of mine we are using the MicroATX Board Asus J3455M-E, runs without any problems.
The reason for the Micro ATX Board is his case, On Micro ATX the PCIE Slot is on a different position than on Mini ITX, in his case it makes it easier to implement his TV card over an PCIE Extender.
The J3455 is a bit faster than the J3355 CPU, Quadcore vs Dualcore.

The two Asus Board have no USB Power ON implmentation, but OK, acceptable when the rest is working.

As i heard from a coleque the Gemeni Lake Board J4105-ITX from Asrock has also HDMI Handshake Problems, Asrock has a Signal polisher chip between chipset and HDMI Port, don't know why, but makes trouble.
So i will wait for Gemeni Lake boards from other vendors.
 I can confirm this. 
I dont think the new asrock j4105-itx is an improvement at all.
I bought this motherboard 2 weeks ago and experienced a lot of HDMI issues.
No screen while booting. And in windows strange color problems like adjusting the gamma in windows with a result of green or purple colored windows..

For 2 days I tried to solve these problems.(With the professional IT experience I have) In the past I was dedicated to solve this kind of problems, nowadays i'm kinda lazy and returned the motherboard to the shop. It just need to work properly. Dont have time for this sh*t.
J4205-ITX users, watch out for BIOS upgrade via windows. Just bricked my board after successful update first to 1.50 via Windows, but then update to 1.60 resulted in bricked board.
There is currently no solution to get the board working after 1.60 via Windows update. Some are saying that update viaBIOS utility works but i would stay away for now ...
No worries for me, I've upgrade via Instant Flash to 1.5 and then to 1.6 my J4205-itx board.
Hi all.
Who will help to test my short video 1080p 12 bit HEVC on j3355b-itx and j3455/j3455b-itx?
I want to buy j3355b-itx or j3455b-itx. Most of all i want to buy j3355b-itx. I know that Hardware decoding j3355/j3455 only a 10 bit HEVC. But I'm interested in processor decoding 12 bit HEVC.Files Downloading
I can tonight if i'm sober
Ok. Please, checking.
I have the Asrock J3455 board connected to my 1080P display through my Denon X3400 AVR.  I have updated the HDMI firmware of the "chip" with the NUC HDMI 1.72 firmware which did not make a difference.  Each time I open the Netflix app or even just open the the browser to the Netflix web site, this full screen error is displayed: "This content can not be displayed because your TV does not support HDCP 2.2."  I have to power off the computer to recover.  I also get this when opening the Vudu app.  Any ideas how to avoid this?  This doesn't happen with an older Denon AVR presumably because it doesn't have HDMI 2.0 ports.  Is there any way to "tell" Windows I will not be playing 4K video?
that incredibles clip you posted plays fine.
(2018-04-21, 20:09)honcho Wrote: that incredibles clip you posted plays fine.
 You answered me?
If so, on which motherboard?
(2018-04-17, 20:51)cncb Wrote: Is there any way to "tell" Windows I will not be playing 4K video?

I have a j3455 as well and i had the problem that my AVR always "forgot" the audio setup after i resumed from sleep, what i found was Resolution-Utility-CRU where you can override any HDMI (display/audio/drm) settings and force certain capabilities. So i setup CRU in such a way that only 5.1 and a single resolution was valid, which solved my problem. Its a bit try and error to get used to the interface so check out the documentation and tinker with the hdmi capabilities section.
3455, i think it's an asrock itx.
@Andy2222  Thanks for the suggestion.  I was finally able to get DVI to HDMI to work so it avoids the HDCP problem I was having with the HDMI output.  I was not getting this to work for days (no video output at all from DVI) and suddenly it started working.
I bought myself an j3455b-itx. And I started the system (Libreelec 8.2.5) from the flash drive, which was used with the processor intel g1820. Everything is working. But there is one nuance. Smoothness of the interface on the icons (TV, add-ons etc.) is not the same as on the Intel g1820. There are micro braking. I decided to put the last assembly from the Milhouse (from May 3, 2018). There in general all is pitiable - the brakes are already stronger. Someone noticed this?
For the responsiveness of the interface in kodi is answered only by the video core? Or video core and processor? In my opinion, the video core here is better than in Intel g1820.

Upd.
I think that for Jxxxx processors, the Libreelec are not optimized. Otherwise, how to explain that the J3455 is able to decode processor (SW) the Hevc 12 bit - and can not play smoothly interface of the kodi.

Sorry for my english.
(2018-05-04, 04:41)blackride Wrote: I bought myself an j3455b-itx. And I started the system (Libreelec 8.2.5) from the flash drive, which was used with the processor intel g1820. Everything is working. But there is one nuance. Smoothness of the interface on the icons (TV, add-ons etc.) is not the same as on the Intel g1820. There are micro braking. I decided to put the last assembly from the Milhouse (from May 3, 2018). There in general all is pitiable - the brakes are already stronger. Someone noticed this?
For the responsiveness of the interface in kodi is answered only by the video core? Or video core and processor? In my opinion, the video core here is better than in Intel g1820.

Upd.
I think that for Jxxxx processors, the Libreelec are not optimized. Otherwise, how to explain that the J3455 is able to decode processor (SW) the Hevc 12 bit - and can not play smoothly interface of the kodi.

Sorry for my english.
I checked in windows 10. Here everything is smooth. There are no friezes in the interface of the kodi.
So that in LE is no optimization. Will there ever be an optimization for these processors in LE?
  • 120(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Intel Apollo Lake9