• 408(current)
Kodi DSPlayer – DirectShow Player for Windows
(2018-04-18, 12:39)ashlar Wrote: bivab, I get zero usefulness from your post but I commend you and thank you for writing it. Too often people use forums only to look for solutions to their problems and never come back to tell others how they solved those problems.

So thank you, bravo, etc. Smile
 Ah, maybe I should be more terse about my findings:

- either DSPlayer or Sanear will downmix multichannel LPCM into stereo if it finds that the connected device does not support multichannel LPCM, even if you disabled the mixer in the settings. I'm not sure if this is a bug or a feature.

- people who have a receiver which only supports DTS and Dolby Digital, can either use Reclock to encode to AC3 on-the-fly or use the "unlocked Realtek HD drivers" to enable Dolby Digital Live and/or DTS Connect. This allows for other formats like DD+, Dolby TrueHD and AAC to be transcoded and passed as multichannel DTS/DD instead of downmixed stereo PCM.
@bivab

you do realise that you can copy discs with all the codecs and not just the HD ones. this would allow you to select the correct codec you need in the lavaudio bitstream e.g. DTS/DD and deselect all the rest. this will force dsplayer to only use the DD/DTS codecs in the file and not the HD ones when playback starts.
I discovered the strangest bug in DSPlayer Krypton 17.6 yesterday. This problem is not present in Jarvis 16.1.

I was unable to upgrade to Krypton until this week because of a bug where the player would boot me out to the home screen every time I stopped a video. So, I stuck with Jarvis and updated LAV Filters and madVR as necessary. No problem.

Then, I discovered my keyboard.xml file was causing the player to crash. If I remove the keyboard.xml from the userdata folder, the player stops correctly. Not even stopping the video with the keyboard helps. Something in the keyboard.xml is causing the player to crash.

Adding a keyboard.xml for my eHome IR receiver does not cause any harm. Only the keymap for a VRC-1100 IR receiver causes the player to crash.

I captured a debug log for aracnoz if he ever returns. It should be simple to fix, and I'm probably the only one affected. This was somehow introduced in Krypton.

The upgrade to Krypton is not a big deal, but it is nice to have increased access to addons. 

FYI, for anyone who has encountered this strange behavior.
i have a VRC-1100 and a Dell/Philips ehome remotes. both work fine with Krypton 17.6-DSPlayer. i have not altered the original keyboard or remote xml's.

when you say you have placed the keyboard.xml in the userdata folder which one exactly, main kodi program or user appdata?

i also recently got a FLIRC and i must say its superb, takes a while to set things up properly.

i dont use any of the shortcut functions, streaming services or pvr functions. i mainly only use navigation, playback and info (ctrl+j) keys.

when you are updating Jarvis to Krypton are you doing a clean (delete userdata) install?

personally speaking i cant stand the VRC-1100 remote, the keys are too small and feel horrid and the mouse pad is next to useless.
i will say that i found it best to program the VRC-1100 then map the ehome with advancedremotemapper to the same functions as the VRC-1100 if using both remotes due to the VRC-1100 being a nightmare.
i keep a mini keyboard and mouse handy if i need to do any serious work.
I am using a Harmony remote with the VRC-1100. I remapped any key not recognized by Kodi or any that I wanted to assign new commands. This keyboard.xml file is place in userdata -> keymaps.

How this is done is explained by the Logitech Harmony guide in my signature. This keymap corrupts DSPlayer. A keymap for an eHome remote seems fine. The VRC-1100 is non-eHome and using combinations of keyboard strokes rather than direct keyboard commands like a true eHome receiver.
And this is a fresh, portable install of DSPlayer Krypton 17.6.
I figured out my problem with the keymap corrupting DSPlayer. It had nothing to do with the VRC-1100 IR receiver commands.

The following command added to a keyboard.xml causes the player to crash on stop. Just putting it in the keyboard.xml is enough to make the player fail. You don't even have to use the command:

<r mod="ctrl">ReloadSkin()</r>    

ReloadSkin() doesn't impact VideoPlayer or DSPlayer Jarvis 16.1. Strange...
glad you got it sorted :-)
i think i have tracked down the single cause of kodi dropping to a box on the desktop after playback stop. turn off, settings -> system -> display -> - use fullscreen window.
i tested this a good few times and the results were always the same, with it on kodi is wonky with it off is fine.
That might just be a DSPlayer issue. External players don't seem to work at all if a fullscreen window isn't used.
I am new to kodi and installed the kodi-17.5-Krypton_DSPlayer-x64.exe build on Windows 10. Works great for everything I want to play using dsplayer as default player except 3d.

I want to use dsplayer for 2d playback and mpc-be for 3d playback.

I setup the following playercorefactory.xml file:

<playercorefactory>
 <players>
<player name="MPC" type="ExternalPlayer" audio="false" video="true">
       <filename>C:\Users\Dave\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\userdata\Play3D.bat</filename>
       <args>"{1}"</args>
       <hidekodi>true</hidekodi>
       <hideconsole>true</hideconsole>
       <forceontop>false</forceontop>
       <playcountminimumtime>1140</playcountminimumtime>
    </player>
    </players>
 <rules action="prepend">
  <rule filename="*.iso|*3D.*" player="MPC"/>
 </rules>
</playercorefactory>

All my isos are 3d and my 3d mkvs are named "*3d.mkv"

Now 3d playback with mpc-be works fine. But Kodi now uses mpc-be playback for playing back everything.

How do I setup my configuration for dsplayer for 2d and mpc-be for 3d?

Thanks!
your 3D filenames should look something like 'movie title 3D.mkv' and 'movie title 3D.iso' do not add * to your movie filenames as its a wildcard.

that way all you will need in the filename rule is <rule filename=".*3D.*" player="MPC"/>

the best person to speak to about this is brazen1

i was also under the assumption that dsplayer will play 3d mkv files but not iso. personally if you dont need all the extras on the bluray then its best to convert all your iso to mkv.
Assuming your 3D.iso's are complete rips, you need a player that renders menus like PowerDVD.  I know of no others.  Check eBay.  Many are unloading the older version which isn't much different from the newer at VERY attractive prices as is DVDFab player - excellent for UHD HDR also with menus but no 3D.  Neither DSPlayer nor MPC are menu capable or iso friendly.  However, once mounted, they can render the main movie only from a full complete iso rip.  To do this, the iso needs to be mounted in some fashion.  For MPC players, you call a .bat to do the mounting and the stereoscopic enabling when using NVidia.  AMD apparently does need to enable stereoscopic but a .bat associated with that GPU also needs to mount an iso for players to read as does Intel Graphics.  You need to distinguish a 3D title from all others, including iso's even though your 3D titles are also iso's, and assign MPC-BE to play them.  Assuming your Play3D.bat is correct (mounts and enables stereoscopic if needed and calls MPC-BE as the player) AND .3D is in the filename of all your 3D titles, simply remove iso from your code and use this:

<playercorefactory>
 <players>
< player name="MPC" type="ExternalPlayer" audio="false" video="true">
       <args>"{1}"</args>
    </player>
    </players>
 <rules action="prepend">
  <rule filename="*.3D*" player="MPC"/>
 </rules>
< /playercorefactory>

Fwiw, you really don't need any of this depending what you are doing:

<args>"{1}"</args>
HOW TO - Kodi 2D - 3D - UHD (4k) HDR Guide Internal & External Players iso menus
DIY HOME THEATER WIND EFFECT

W11 Pro 24H2 MPC-BE\HC madVR KODI 21 GTX960-4GB/RGB 4:4:4/Desktop 60Hz 8bit Video Matched Refresh rates 23,24,50,60Hz 8/10/12bit/Samsung 82" Q90R Denon S720W
how can i change vobsub font size?

i already tried by going into xysubfiler but it does nothing.
Thanks for the very detailed response!

I have powerdvd. But I like mpc-be for 3d iso playback, I don't want the menus and mpc-be doesn't need an external program to mount the iso for playback.

All my iso's are 3d. I was an early adopter of 3d and when I started there was no way to convert a iso to a mkv for 3d playback. All my 2d iso's I converted to mkvs, and recent 3d isos I've converted to mkvs.

mpc-be is working fine for me with 3d playback from within kodi.

I've tried this new playercorefactory.xml thankyou. As follows:

<playercorefactory>
 <players>
<player name="MPC" type="ExternalPlayer" audio="false" video="true">
 </player>
 </players>
  <rules action="prepend">
   <rule filename="*.3D*" player="MPC"/>
  </rules>
</playercorefactory>

But I have the same problem as before. Everything now plays with mpc-be. Not just the 3d stuff.

When I use the popup menu to choose a player, mpc is listed as the default player. I can manually choose dsplayer and that works fine.

But for whatever reason it seems for me creating a playercorefactory.xml file, results in the new player being the new default player. Instead of being used when the rules match.

Any further suggestions?

Thanks!
  • 408(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi DSPlayer – DirectShow Player for Windows47