• 344(current)
v18 LibreELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi (Kodi 18.0)
(2018-04-22, 11:17)Mr Ozzy Wrote: hi to all..

Not sure where to put this question.. but i am running a raspberry pi 3b with latest test build..
now i did update netflix add-on.. and it looks like it is working.. but it only works with series and not witch movies anymore... does anyone have the same issue..??
best regards..

some logs.

http://ix.io/18qz

Netflix seems to be playing movies for me (UK). I can only find movies intermingled with TV shows as the Netflix add-on UI doesn't seem to have a "Movies" category which is annoying. However, navigating to "Popular on Netflix" I'm able to play the movie "Annihilation" without a problem.

Probably best to open an issue on the Netflix add-on github.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
(2018-04-22, 23:26)beertank Wrote: #0422 keeps rebooting after update eventually ending up in safe mode.

Crash log here: http://ix.io/18tG

OK that looks to be a Python issue, can you downgrade back to #0421 for now?

Edit: If you're stuck in Safe Mode then downgrading via ssh or Samba is likely to be the easiest solution - drop the #0421 tar file in the .update (ssh)/Update (Samba) folder, reboot and you should be back in your normal Kodi (ie. no longer in Safe Mode).
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
I tried #0422 on a Raspberry Pi 3. I cannot play youtube videos in the Youtube addon. If I click on a video, the loading sign appears, but it doesn't spin as usual and Kodi freezes completely. It works with perfectly fine on #0421.
Back to #0421 OK. Thanks Milhouse......
@beertank  Thanks for providing the crash log, until the issue is fixed you can try to disable your weather addon (which seems to have connectivity issues and lead to the segfault)
(2018-04-23, 03:22)goggle Wrote: I tried #0422 on a Raspberry Pi 3. I cannot play youtube videos in the Youtube addon. If I click on a video, the loading sign appears, but it doesn't spin as usual and Kodi freezes completely. It works with perfectly fine on #0421.
kodi log file (debug logging enabled) would be great. Thanx

Edit nvm, I can reproduce here
(2018-04-22, 07:27)Vimes Wrote: Ok I did what you have asked and the output is here.....

https://pastebin.com/nkaU5rcw
Thanks for testing, but I'll need some more debug info to understand what's going on. So I backported 2 patches related to IR debug handling which are included in build 0422.

Could you please to the following test with build 0422:

First ssh in and create a file /storage/.config/modprobe.d/ir-debug.conf with the following content
Code:
options rc_core dyndbg
options lirc_dev dyndbg
options ir_lirc_codec dyndbg
options ir_rc6_decoder dyndbg
options mceusb dyndbg
Then reboot. After that stop kodi and eventlircd and run ir-keytable -t
Code:
systemctl stop kodi
systemctl stop eventlircd
ir-keytable -t

Now press a button for about second and post the output you got from ir-keytable -t.

Then stop ir-keytable with control-c and upload your dmesg to a paste site
Code:
dmesg | paste

dmesg should then contain additional debug info which hopefully explains what's going on (and especially when).

After the test you can remove the /storage/.config/modprobe.d/ir-debug.conf file.

Edit: just had another idea: have you tested without the USB soundcard attached?

so long,

Hias
(2018-04-20, 11:48)lozbrown85 Wrote: Something has gone crazy with the resolutions in recent builds, this seems to be in affect in all builds after 0415 where 0407 was/is working fine. Addition 0419 is still broken

Where normally I get 1280x720 in recent builds I'm getting 640x480

here is the config and logs for a working version 0407:
http://ix.io/18gi

here is the config and logs for the first broker version 0415:
http://ix.io/18gj

Apologies for not updating earlier and catching this earlier, I realise I'm a few version behind. I upgraded from 0407 to 0419 this morning and had to try several versions in between to work out where it broke. 

Reverting ot 0407 resolves the issues

Suspect Lines
Quote:15:58:24.324 T:1941618704  NOTICE: Checking resolution 20
15:58:25.742 T:1941618704   DEBUG: EGL set HDMI mode (1,4)=0 off
15:58:25.878 T:1888478080   DEBUG: EGL tv_service_callback (8,1,4)
15:58:25.879 T:1941618704   DEBUG: EGL set resolution 1280x720 -> 1280x720 @ 60.00 fps (1,4) flags:4010004 aspect:1.00

Quote:10:43:34.200 T:1941729296  NOTICE: Checking resolution 29
10:43:35.749 T:1941729296   DEBUG: EGL set HDMI mode (1,1)=0 off
10:43:35.887 T:1879040896   DEBUG: EGL tv_service_callback (8,1,1)
10:43:35.889 T:1941729296   DEBUG: EGL set resolution 640x480 -> 640x480 @ 60.00 fps (1,1) flags:1010004 aspect:1.00
This is still a problem in 0422 which additionally keeps crashing

log file here: http://ix.io/18vK
http://ix.io/18vN
Crash log http://ix.io/18vP
(2018-04-23, 10:02)lozbrown85 Wrote: log file here: http://ix.io/18vK
http://ix.io/18vN
Crash log http://ix.io/18vP

For the crashing, that is caused by the Python optimisation and there may be a fix for that tonight. I'd like to leave it in tonight, and see where we're at tomorrow.

For the resolution, I'm not sure why the call to tv_service_callback has now changed in #0415 - @popcornmix?
(2018-04-23, 08:55)peak3d Wrote: @beertank  Thanks for providing the crash log, until the issue is fixed you can try to disable your weather addon (which seems to have connectivity issues and lead to the segfault)
 Disabled weather addon - no difference, fault still exists. Revert back to #0421 OK.
(2018-04-23, 22:14)beertank Wrote:
(2018-04-23, 08:55)peak3d Wrote: @beertank  Thanks for providing the crash log, until the issue is fixed you can try to disable your weather addon (which seems to have connectivity issues and lead to the segfault)
 Disabled weather addon - no difference, fault still exists. Revert back to #0421 OK. 
Pls. try next milhouse version, there are some fixes regarding the python issues included
Hi!

I am using build #420 and in general it works fine. Netflix, Amazon, Youtube - all fine.

However, I have another weird thing that I just noticed: whenever I try to play any audio or video file that I have stored I get an error window with tile "Failed to play game" and text "This game isn't compatible with any available emulators".

It's like the file association is wrong and it tries to open the files with the wrong app.

I tried this with several mp4, mp3, avi files, some of which I had played in the past on the same libreelec installation (upgraded over time) so I know they should work. Just as an experiment, I tried to "open" (wasn't really expecting that they would open) .7z and .bin files and then it asks me which emulator to use.

Opening jpeg's doesn't have the same issue - they open fine.

I am not excluding the possibility that I did something wrong in the settings at some point. But I checked all over the settings and addons for a cause for this and couldn't find any (at least, not one obvious to me). And I don't know where to look anymore.

Any suggestions will be appreciated. Thank you!

Ignore that. I updated to #422 and it's back. I got tipped off by the fact that Youtube wasn't working after all. Trying to stream from it was showing the same error. But Netflix was working - I had just watched an episode before I posted.

So, I wish you all a nice day. Smile
(2018-04-24, 11:53)louis_nichols Wrote: Hi!

I am using build #420 and in general it works fine. Netflix, Amazon, Youtube - all fine.

However, I have another weird thing that I just noticed: whenever I try to play any audio or video file that I have stored I get an error window with tile "Failed to play game" and text "This game isn't compatible with any available emulators".

It's like the file association is wrong and it tries to open the files with the wrong app.

I tried this with several mp4, mp3, avi files, some of which I had played in the past on the same libreelec installation (upgraded over time) so I know they should work. Just as an experiment, I tried to "open" (wasn't really expecting that they would open) .7z and .bin files and then it asks me which emulator to use.

Opening jpeg's doesn't have the same issue - they open fine.

I am not excluding the possibility that I did something wrong in the settings at some point. But I checked all over the settings and addons for a cause for this and couldn't find any (at least, not one obvious to me). And I don't know where to look anymore.

Any suggestions will be appreciated. Thank you!

Ignore that. I updated to #422 and it's back. I got tipped off by the fact that Youtube wasn't working after all. Trying to stream from it was showing the same error. But Netflix was working - I had just watched an episode before I posted.

So, I wish you all a nice day. Smile
 Me again.

There is a bug after all, I think. Upgrading was not a fix, it's just the reboot that acted as a workaround.

The thing is, I have a folder which resides in the same directory as a 7z archive with the same name. And I sometimes click on the 7z instead of on the folder. And that seems to trigger a state of the system which leads to the error.

Steps to reproduce:
    1. Try to "open" a 7z file -> it should ask you to choose an emulator.   
    2. Cancel that selection
    3. Try to open an mp4 or mp3 file -> It will show the error I described above
    4. Reboot.
    5. Try to open an mp4 or mp3 file -> It works

In case it matters, the specific file I was trying to open is an archive to be used for calibration from this webpage: http://w6rz.net/. Specifically, this is the file: http://w6rz.net/avshd709/MP4-2c.7z

All this is on an RPi 3.

Not sure what to do with all this...
New LibreELEC.tv Leia build #0423: RPi / RPi2
(Supercedes previous build)

SHA256 Checksum: 4db0a92df2c57afef6ab971c298711238cc92825fe0961f9b4f84d93136bfa7b (RPi)
SHA256 Checksum: 3962f0f0f985c5b85b540b4bb582919487f96fc8bf9cedad41326c8d5f8679c6 (RPi2)

text:
# uname -a
Linux rpi512 4.14.34 #1 Tue Apr 24 01:23:11 BST 2018 armv6l GNU/Linux

# vcgencmd version
Apr 16 2018 18:21:52
Copyright © 2012 Broadcom
version af8084725947aa2c7314172068f79dad9be1c8b4 (clean) (release)

# lsb_release
LibreELEC (Milhouse): devel-20180424011910-#0423-g6ce3be6 [Build #0423]

# Kodi version
(18.0-ALPHA2 Git:af4a548). Platform: Linux ARM 32-bit

Based on tip of LibreELEC.tv master (6ce3be6, changelog) and tip of XBMC master (d9f6b90, changelog) with the following modifications: Build Highlights:
  1. Python optimisation updated (hopefully fixing some of the initial issues)
  2. kill CNetworkServices global
  3. Bump repository add-on to 3.1.0
Build Details:
  1. XBMC:
    • AMLUtils: additional checks on sysfs for correct functionality on AMLogic platforms (PR:13781, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
    • add application inbound port as a service (PR:13766, 1 commit, 26 files changed)
    • Bump waylandpp to 0.2.3 for SUSE (PR:13805, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
    • kill CNetworkServices global (PR:13785, 2 commits, 20 files changed)
    • Bump repository add-on to 3.1.0 (PR:13808, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
    • [networkservices] fix build without webserver (PR:13809, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
    • [guiinfo] Fix Listitem.PercentPlayed (LISTITEM_PERCENT_PLAYED) string (PR:13807, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
    • [Music]Fetching local art for multi-folder albums (disc sets) (PR:13769, 2 commits, 6 files changed)
    • [guiinfo] Fix Container.Listitem.* (default container + first listitem). (PR:13811, 1 commit, 5 files changed)
  2. inputstream.adaptive:
    • [Win] Fix CDM library loading error if path contains unicode characters (PR:136, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
    • Reconvert expat patch line endings / remove gitattributes (0f0ced4)
  3. pvr.zattoo:
    • Cache cleanup without recordings and set user agent (PR:17, 2 commits, 7 files changed)
  4. Additional commits/pull requests/changes not yet merged upstream:
    • Updated: [env] PR:2623 (perma): RPi, Generic: backport proposed patch to reduce IR latency
    • Updated: [env] PR:2627 (perma): linux: update to linux-4.14.34
    • Updated: [pkg] PR:3 (perma): Reusepython (kodi)
    • Updated: [pkg] PR:13176 (perma): [RFC] [Linux] add libinput backend for non window system platforms
    • Updated: [pkg] PR:13801 (perma): [fix] call av_dump_format with redacted url
(2018-04-23, 09:55)HiassofT Wrote:
(2018-04-22, 07:27)Vimes Wrote: Ok I did what you have asked and the output is here.....

https://pastebin.com/nkaU5rcw
Thanks for testing, but I'll need some more debug info to understand what's going on. So I backported 2 patches related to IR debug handling which are included in build 0422.

Could you please to the following test with build 0422:

First ssh in and create a file /storage/.config/modprobe.d/ir-debug.conf with the following content
Code:
options rc_core dyndbg
options lirc_dev dyndbg
options ir_lirc_codec dyndbg
options ir_rc6_decoder dyndbg
options mceusb dyndbg
Then reboot. After that stop kodi and eventlircd and run ir-keytable -t
Code:
systemctl stop kodi
systemctl stop eventlircd
ir-keytable -t

Now press a button for about second and post the output you got from ir-keytable -t.

Then stop ir-keytable with control-c and upload your dmesg to a paste site
Code:
dmesg | paste

dmesg should then contain additional debug info which hopefully explains what's going on (and especially when).

After the test you can remove the /storage/.config/modprobe.d/ir-debug.conf file.

Edit: just had another idea: have you tested without the USB soundcard attached?

so long,

Hias 

Thanks for that, for some reason I did not get an email notifying me of your reply. But my issue is now resolved. 

I arranged with our Son to swap over our remote controls and receivers for testing. His HTPC works perfectly fine with the one causing me issues and his works great on mine. 
This is the one connected to our Pi and we have no issues..... 

https://uk.hama.com/i/052451/hama-remote...dia-center

​​​​​​... perhaps the remote itself might have been going faulty.? When I changed the batteries I then started to notice pressing a key function would not get a response from it without having to hit it.! 
If it goes faulty then I'll buy them a new one. 
I always intended to let know but I have been testing this for the last 24 hours to confirm that all is well. 

​​​​​​ 

Thanks for your help.
  • 344(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
LibreELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi (Kodi 18.0)24