• 263(current)
Release skin helper service
Use this code, working in list or panel Smile
https://github.com/Angelinas1/Aeonmq6-Le...s.xml#L680

XBoxMediaCenter (Kodi Matrix ) 19.3 , AndroidBox -Matrix Skin AeonMQ6
Thumbs Up 
(2018-04-08, 11:19)Angelinas Wrote: Use this code, working in list or panel Smile
https://github.com/Angelinas1/Aeonmq6-Le...s.xml#L680

Thank you. it works.
Hello!

If the addon has downloaded artwork for PVR is it possible to get the path or url for this artwork via json?
Like:
http://XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX:8080/jsonrpc?request={"jsonrpc": "2.0", "method": "Player.GetItem", "params": { "properties": ["art", "fanart"], "playerid": 1 }, "id": "VideoGetItem"}

How would the json request look like?

Thanks
Hi there,

I recently got troubles with my ArticZephyr widget to see "Next Episodes". As soon as I finished an episode, I reopen it and it needs to refresh "Content Loading" is displayed but it never ends until I reboot and after it's up to date.
So I checked my logs and find this: Skin Helper Service --> Deprecated method: nextepisodes."

Any hint for me?

Thanks!
@104084485 

Could you extend the similar widget feature once more?
I would love to see getting results based on a provided ListItem.DBID instead of the IMDB number. So we get random movie results from the same genre.

Example
Code:
plugin://script.skin.helper.widgets/?action=similar&mediatype=movies&did=$INFO[ListItem.DBID]
Main: Lancool II Mesh  - Ryzen 9 5900x - MSI x570 Unify - Zotac RTX 3080 AMP HOLO - 32GB Trident Z Neo 3600 CL16 -  EVO 960 M.2 250GB / EVO 940 250GB / MX100 512GB /  Crucial P1 2TB / WD Blue 3D Nand 2TB 
Sound: Saxx AS30 DSP - Beyer Dynamic Custom One Pro 
TV: Nvidia Shield 2019 Pro- Adalight 114x LEDs - Sony 65XG9505 - Kodi / Emby - Yamaha RX-V683 - Heco Victa 700/101/251a + Dynavoice Magic FX-4
Server: i3 Skylake - 8GB - OMV4 - 22TB Storage
(2018-02-25, 12:02)Solo0815 Wrote: Is there any development going on?

Yes, but slowly atm because I’m busy with our new house.
@"marcelveldt" or @Angelinas perhaps, can you tell me how SHS handles disc art for multiple disc albums? Say CD1 and CD2 have different (round) CD images, how are these named? How does the skin reference them?
(2018-05-01, 18:45)DaveBlake Wrote: @"marcelveldt" or @Angelinas perhaps, can you tell me how SHS handles disc art for multiple disc albums? Say CD1 and CD2 have different (round) CD images, how are these named? How does the skin reference them?

It depends... if the discs have their own sub folder (eg disc1) the correct discart is displayed, otherwise the discart situated in the album folder
(2018-05-01, 18:45)DaveBlake Wrote: @"marcelveldt" or @Angelinas perhaps, can you tell me how SHS handles disc art for multiple disc albums? Say CD1 and CD2 have different (round) CD images, how are these named? How does the skin reference them?
(2018-05-01, 19:07)marcelveldt Wrote: It depends... if the discs have their own sub folder (eg disc1) the correct discart is displayed, otherwise the discart situated in the album folder 
Hi @"marcelveldt" I wasn't doubting that it did it, but more interested in tech details. 

I'm looking at core Kodi picking up a range of types of local music art files automatically as part of scanning/scraping.

I very recently sorted out how files called folder.jpg (or anything matching the values given in <musicthumbs> tag in advanced settings.xml) in a disc set subfolder is handled. The names of the subfolders don't matter, only that the music files within them are tagged with a common disc number. The subfolder folder.jpg files are added as album art, and named "thumb1", "thumb2" etc., "thumb" comes from the folder.jpg  within the parent  the album folder.

Of course most people are not interested in disc cover art - some boxed sets have it, most don't, not even sure it is available online. It is (round) CD images that are more common and popular, so I am expanding to include those or anything else (as yet not dreamed of).

My idea is to generalise approach taken with tumbs so that any art in a disc subfolder (limited to a whitelist held in advanced settings.xml) will be added as album art, and art type coming from the name of the file (minus ext). For example, having added "discart" to the whitelist then files in the subfolder called discart.jpg or discart.png would get added as album art "discart1", "discart2" etc., format = <type><discnumber>. Skins would then access this via ListItem.Art(discart1) for album items, or for song items ListItem.Art(album.discart1).

How does that seem? How does it compare with what SHS already does?
Probably mean that SHS can do less in future too Smile
(2018-04-25, 11:45)raspdealer Wrote: Hi there,

I recently got troubles with my ArticZephyr widget to see "Next Episodes". As soon as I finished an episode, I reopen it and it needs to refresh "Content Loading" is displayed but it never ends until I reboot and after it's up to date.
So I checked my logs and find this: Skin Helper Service --> Deprecated method: nextepisodes."

Any hint for me?

Thanks!
Can someone assist me on this one?
Thanks a lot!
I also have some trouble with Skin Helper Service.
Since some days i get the well known "Skin Helper Service Error" when i startup Kodi.
I've really read a lot on this forum and others and tried out all fixes but nothing seems to work.

Iam using Kodi Jarvis on a Android TV Box. Already updated the Skin Helper Service from 1.1.3 to the latest version 1.1.24 but nothing changed.

These are the lines in the log file:
Quote:19:24:21 T:18446744072833493280   ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
                                             - NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
                                            Error Type: <type 'exceptions.ImportError'>
                                            Error Contents: No module named argparse
                                            Traceback (most recent call last):
                                              File "/storage/emulated/0/Android/data/org.xbmc.kodi/files/.kodi/addons/script.skin.helper.service/service.py", line 10, in <module>
                                                from resources.lib.main_service import MainService
                                              File "/storage/emulated/0/Android/data/org.xbmc.kodi/files/.kodi/addons/script.skin.helper.service/resources/lib/main_service.py", line 15, in <module>
                                                from webservice import WebService
                                              File "/storage/emulated/0/Android/data/org.xbmc.kodi/files/.kodi/addons/script.skin.helper.service/resources/lib/webservice.py", line 11, in <module>
                                                import cherrypy
                                              File "/storage/emulated/0/Android/data/org.xbmc.kodi/files/.kodi/addons/script.module.cherrypy/lib/cherrypy/__init__.py", line 83, in <module>
                                                from cherrypy import _cpserver
                                              File "/storage/emulated/0/Android/data/org.xbmc.kodi/files/.kodi/addons/script.module.cherrypy/lib/cherrypy/_cpserver.py", line 8, in <module>
                                                from cherrypy.process.servers import ServerAdapter
                                              File "/storage/emulated/0/Android/data/org.xbmc.kodi/files/.kodi/addons/script.module.cherrypy/lib/cherrypy/process/__init__.py", line 14, in <module>
                                                from cherrypy.process import plugins, servers  # noqa
                                              File "/storage/emulated/0/Android/data/org.xbmc.kodi/files/.kodi/addons/script.module.cherrypy/lib/cherrypy/process/servers.py", line 126, in <module>
                                                import portend
                                              File "/storage/emulated/0/Android/data/org.xbmc.kodi/files/.kodi/addons/script.module.cherrypy/lib/portend.py", line 11, in <module>
                                                import argparse
                                            ImportError: No module named argparse
                                            -->End of Python script error report<--
Like you can see there is also something wrong with cherrypy and i updated it to the latest version 11.0.1.002. But still the same issues.

Any ideas?
System: Nvidia Shield TV Pro 2019 | Kodi Version: v19.4 Matrix | Skin: Aeon MQ7 Mod
Hi, i use CoreElec 8.90.2 with Rapier, and have this issu in the Kodi.log
Code:
05:33:32.001 T:3496989552 WARNING: Previous line repeats 4 times.
05:33:32.002 T:3496989552   ERROR: Exception in thread Thread-1:
                                              File "/usr/lib/python2.7/threading.py", line 801, in __bootstrap_inner
                                              File "/storage/.kodi/addons/script.skin.helper.backgrounds/resources/lib/backgrounds_updater.py", line 103, in run
                                                self.update_backgrounds()
                                              File "/storage/.kodi/addons/script.skin.helper.backgrounds/resources/lib/backgrounds_updater.py", line 426, in update_backgrounds
                                                "SkinHelper.AllMusicSongsBackground", "musicdb://songs/", label=32022)
                                              File "/storage/.kodi/addons/script.skin.helper.backgrounds/resources/lib/backgrounds_updater.py", line 287, in set_background
                                                images = self.get_images_from_vfspath(lib_path)
                                              File "/storage/.kodi/addons/script.skin.helper.backgrounds/resources/lib/backgrounds_updater.py", line 209, in get_images_from_vfspath
                                                image["thumbnail"] = self.mutils.get_clean_image(media["thumbnail"])
                                              File "/storage/.kodi/addons/script.module.metadatautils/lib/metadatautils.py", line 302, in get_clean_image
                                                return self._get_clean_image(*args, **kwargs)
                                              File "/storage/.kodi/addons/script.module.metadatautils/lib/helpers/utils.py", line 211, in get_clean_image
                                                image = image.decode("utf8")
                                              File "/usr/lib/python2.7/encodings/utf_8.py", line 16, in decode
                                            UnicodeDecodeError: 'utf8' codec can't decode byte 0xfc in position 41: invalid start byte
Hi marcelveldt,

Trying to implement forced views but my effort appears doomed to failure.

Unable to nail a context using Container.content it seems shs falls back to less conclusive means like string tests on folder paths.

The upshot is that something like this...

ActivateWindow(videos,root)

Is treated as movie content. It's not, so mayhem ensues for me as shs tries to force views not intended to be available in that context. Certainly not desirable behavior for my proposes. Wondering what your thoughts are...
I am having the same issue where I get "SKIN HELPER SERVICE ERROR" everytime I lauch kodi. I am using Jarvis and I would like to stay with this version, so I want to find a solution WITHOUT upgrading kodi. I dug a little deeper and here are my findings:

<<<< See snippet of the kodi.log below >>>>>

0. Looking at the log file it seemed like the main cause of the error is the "ImportError: No module named argparse" -- see log snippet below.
1.  Inside script.module.cherrypy folder is "portend.py which tries to import "argparse" module.
2.  Argparse module is not available by default on Python version 2.6. which is what kodi jarvis uses. 
3.  Argparse module is available by default starting Python version 2.7 and up.
4. I found argparse module here: https://github.com/rui-castro/kodi-argparse
5. I installed it and got rid of the pop up "Skin Helper Error" however, for some reasons that is currently still beyond me, Kodi Jarvis would crash or close after about 20 secs of opening, which in essence, made it worst. 
6. So now I am back to SQUARE ONE. If anyone has an idea on how to fix this please share. I have exhausted google searches to no success....

Help will be greatly appreciated.

======BEGIN LOG SNIPPET=======

18:48:37 T:1902300544   ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
                                             - NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
                                            Error Type: <type 'exceptions.ImportError'>
                                            Error Contents: No module named argparse
                                              File "/storage/emulated/0/Android/data/org.xbmc.kodi/files/.kodi/addons/script.skin.helper.service/service.py", line 10, in <module>
                                                from resources.lib.main_service import MainService
                                              File "/storage/emulated/0/Android/data/org.xbmc.kodi/files/.kodi/addons/script.skin.helper.service/resources/lib/main_service.py", line 15, in <module>
                                                from webservice import WebService
                                              File "/storage/emulated/0/Android/data/org.xbmc.kodi/files/.kodi/addons/script.skin.helper.service/resources/lib/webservice.py", line 11, in <module>
                                                import cherrypy
                                              File "/storage/emulated/0/Android/data/org.xbmc.kodi/files/.kodi/addons/script.module.cherrypy/lib/cherrypy/__init__.py", line 83, in <module>
                                                from cherrypy import _cpserver
                                              File "/storage/emulated/0/Android/data/org.xbmc.kodi/files/.kodi/addons/script.module.cherrypy/lib/cherrypy/_cpserver.py", line 8, in <module>
                                                from cherrypy.process.servers import ServerAdapter
                                              File "/storage/emulated/0/Android/data/org.xbmc.kodi/files/.kodi/addons/script.module.cherrypy/lib/cherrypy/process/__init__.py", line 14, in <module>
                                                from cherrypy.process import plugins, servers  # noqa
                                              File "/storage/emulated/0/Android/data/org.xbmc.kodi/files/.kodi/addons/script.module.cherrypy/lib/cherrypy/process/servers.py", line 126, in <module>
                                                import portend
                                              File "/storage/emulated/0/Android/data/org.xbmc.kodi/files/.kodi/addons/script.module.cherrypy/lib/portend.py", line 11, in <module>
                                                import argparse
                                            ImportError: No module named argparse
                                            -->End of Python script error report<--

======END LOG SNIPPET=======
@crzxlimitz

Maybe skin helper isn't compatible with Jarvis.

Jarvis is long outdated what is the reason for not upgrading?
  • 263(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
skin helper service18