XBOX Cannot open TV Shows in library - Debug Log Included
In Kodi for Xbox One, I haven't been able to actually open any tv shows in my library (i.e. in the "TV Shows" section). Whenever I try to select a show and open to get to seasons/episodes, it just does nothing. This is unique to Kodi on the Xbox one, on Windows I tested a Kodi install scraping from the same NAS and files as the Xbox and TV Shows work perfectly. I do not have this problem with movies, and if I go to Files and my tv shows source, I can browse and play files. It's just in the library where it's broken. See a screenshot below of the error section of the debug log, and a full debug log can be found here. Any help or ideas would be greatly appreciated!

Sorry, but not everyone has 20/20 X-ray vision when looking at that added picture. ;-)
The debug log itself is enough for now.

cpp:
14:14:22.342 T:6632 ERROR: SQL: [MyVideos109.db] SQL error or missing database
Query: SELECT genre.genre_id, genre.name FROM genre JOIN genre_link ON genre.genre_id = genre_link.genre_id JOIN tvshow_view ON genre_link.media_id = tvshow_view.idShow AND genre_link.media_type='tvshow' GROUP BY genre.genre_id
14:14:22.435 T:6632 ERROR: CVideoDatabase::GetNavCommon failed
14:14:22.445 T:6632 ERROR: XFILE::CDirectory::GetDirectory - Error getting videodb://tvshows/genres/
Apparently, your video database file has either corrupted, went totally missing, a Kodi database upgrade went wrong, or some user rights problem to your Kodi profile folder has emerged. If the database file is still there, I would rename it, and restart Kodi for a fresh copy and a new attempt of building your video library.

Quote:Kodi compiled Apr 1 2018 by MSVC 191225835 for Windows NT x86 64-bit version 10.0 (0x0A000004)
Also, try to keep up with the latest nightlies of Kodi. Using old(er) builds is not really helpful. Smile
(2018-04-29, 07:00)Klojum Wrote: Sorry, but not everyone has 20/20 X-ray vision when looking at that added picture. ;-)
The debug log itself is enough for now.

cpp:
14:14:22.342 T:6632 ERROR: SQL: [MyVideos109.db] SQL error or missing database
Query: SELECT genre.genre_id, genre.name FROM genre JOIN genre_link ON genre.genre_id = genre_link.genre_id JOIN tvshow_view ON genre_link.media_id = tvshow_view.idShow AND genre_link.media_type='tvshow' GROUP BY genre.genre_id
14:14:22.435 T:6632 ERROR: CVideoDatabase::GetNavCommon failed
14:14:22.445 T:6632 ERROR: XFILE::CDirectory::GetDirectory - Error getting videodb://tvshows/genres/
Apparently, your video database file has either corrupted, went totally missing, a Kodi database upgrade went wrong, or some user rights problem to your Kodi profile folder has emerged. If the database file is still there, I would rename it, and restart Kodi for a fresh copy and a new attempt of building your video library.
Quote:Kodi compiled Apr 1 2018 by MSVC 191225835 for Windows NT x86 64-bit version 10.0 (0x0A000004)
Also, try to keep up with the latest nightlies of Kodi. Using old(er) builds is not really helpful. Smile 
Thank you, is there a guide on how to get into the files and manipulate them in Kodi on the Xbox One? I should also add this has persisted across multiple fresh Kodi installations on the Xbox One. It also pops back up if I remove sources, clean the library, and try re-adding everything.

I was also under the impression any Kodi Xbox One updates would just be pushed to my Xbox from the Microsoft Store, how do I manually update to nightly builds?
Actually, I don't have an Xbox myself, So I'm a bit clueless there.
But I assume there must be some way of setting up SMB connection to it, or perhaps install a File Manager (if there isn't one already).
I have the same problem using NFS.
I have deleted the source & reinstalled Kodi a number of times and the problem reoccurs every but only for TV shows. Movies are fine.

This guy appears to be having the same problem

https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=331225
(2018-05-09, 00:11)Reaskawallah Wrote: I have the same problem using NFS.
I have deleted the source & reinstalled Kodi a number of times and the problem reoccurs every but only for TV shows. Movies are fine.

This guy appears to be having the same problem

https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=331225
 Yeah, this is unresolved for me. I've tried uninstalling Kodi, even wiped my Xbox and reinstalled. The TV Shows library always gets corrupted somehow. The error is always the same as my posted log, and does not occur with all of the exact same files and sources on Kodi for Windows 10 and Kodi on a Fire TV. Some ideas or testing guidelines from a Kodi Xbox dev team member would be great.
(2018-05-09, 00:36)mattmcmhn Wrote: Some ideas or testing guidelines from a Kodi Xbox dev team member would be great.
In general, make sure to delete your .kodi profile for starting a clean/fresh Kodi session.
Take baby steps and check your log file(s) after every step.
Hi Guys

This is also happening to myself as well.
after ALOT of back and forth I think I have found the issue

It appears when only updating CERTAIN TV shows within Kodi

I have now resorted to adding Shows one by one and eventually it breaks.

If I remove the last added TV show that it goes back to working

very strange and ANNOYING !

in event logs it just shows failed to scan items , no warnings

Can anybody shed some light on this matter ??
@Humdrumv

The Debug Log that captures that last show failing would be really useful. Make sure you have enabled debugging in Settings>System Settings>Logging, restart Kodi then replicate the problem. In your case, add the TV Show again. Once done upload to https://pastebin.com/ or https://paste.ubuntu.com/ and link back here. Note: Full logs only. No partial or redacted logs
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
ok thanks for that

but how do I access these logs on Xbox ?

like i said Ive enabled logging and when selecting error type there is nothing

Im very new to xbox and kodi :/
@Humdrumv

Install this add-on and it will upload to the Kodi pastebin
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
i have no clue what your talking about or how to do this :?
Oops sorry. Forgot to paste the link... https://kodi.wiki/view/Add-on:Kodi_Logfile_Uploader
My Signature
Hi There!

Thank for bearing with me Smile

Apologies did a bit of digging and found out how to do it  Smile

I have uploaded the full log to : https://paste.kodi.tv/suwobazeka

however here is the real issue :
Code:
15:15:47.918 T:3556 ERROR: SQL: [MyVideos109.db] SQL error or missing database Query: SELECT genre.genre_id, genre.name FROM genre JOIN genre_link ON genre.genre_id = genre_link.genre_id JOIN tvshow_view ON genre_link.media_id = tvshow_view.idShow AND genre_link.media_type='tvshow' GROUP BY genre.genre_id 15:15:47.919 T:3556 ERROR: CVideoDatabase::GetNavCommon failed 15:15:47.927 T:3556 ERROR: XFILE::CDirectory::GetDirectory - Error getting videodb://tvshows/genres/ 15:15:48.181 T:3556 ERROR: SQL: [MyVideos109.db] SQL error or missing database Query: SELECT studio.studio_id, studio.name FROM studio JOIN studio_link ON studio.studio_id = studio_link.studio_id JOIN tvshow_view ON studio_link.media_id = tvshow_view.idShow AND studio_link.media_type='tvshow' GROUP BY studio.studio_id 15:15:48.182 T:3556 ERROR: CVideoDatabase::GetNavCommon failed 15:15:48.187 T:3556 ERROR: XFILE::CDirectory::GetDirectory - Error getting videodb://tvshows/studios/ 15:15:49.760 T:4076 ERROR: AddOnLog: Joystick Support: Device "Sony Interactive Entertainment Wireless Controller": can't find <controller> tag 15:15:49.858 T:4076 NOTICE: PERIPHERALS::CPeripheralAddon::Register - new joystick device registered on addon->peripheral.joystick/0: Xbox 360-compatible controller 15:15:54.554 T:1780 ERROR: CImageLoader::DoWork - Direct texture file loading failed for resource://resource.images.studios.white/YouTube Red.png 15:15:56.198 T:1780 ERROR: XFILE::CDirectory::GetDirectory - Error getting 15:15:56.367 T:436 ERROR: Previous line repeats 6 times. 15:15:56.367 T:436 ERROR: SQL: [MyVideos109.db] SQL error or missing database Query: SELECT * FROM season_view WHERE season_view.idShow = 231 15:15:56.367 T:436 ERROR: CVideoDatabase::GetSeasonsByWhere failed 15:15:56.386 T:436 ERROR: XFILE::CDirectory::GetDirectory - Error getting videodb://inprogresstvshows/231/ 15:15:56.388 T:436 ERROR: CGUIMediaWindow::GetDirectory(videodb://inprogresstvshows/231/) failed 15:15:58.548 T:2692 ERROR: CImageLoader::DoWork - Direct texture file loading failed for resource://resource.images.studios.white/YouTube Red.png
The issue doesn't look like a xbox specific issue.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Cannot open TV Shows in library - Debug Log Included0