Want to change "Switch" to "Watch"
In my efforts to make using Kodi easier for my family, I'd like to change the text and icon for "Switch" to "Watch". I'd also like to change "Add timer" to "Record Series". These are on the program details screen - main menu > TV > Guide > select a program. How would I go about about that?
Which skin are you using?
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
As Karellen implies, this is something down to Kodi and skins, rather than anything the NextPVR addon can control.
(2018-04-29, 04:14)deanhatescoffee Wrote: In my efforts to make using Kodi easier for my family, I'd like to change the text and icon for "Switch" to "Watch". I'd also like to change "Add timer" to "Record Series". These are on the program details screen - main menu > TV > Guide > select a program. How would I go about about that?
 +1
(2018-04-29, 04:55)sub3 Wrote: As Karellen implies, this is something down to Kodi and skins, rather than anything the NextPVR addon can control.
I'm using the default skin in 17.6. I didn't think it was necessarily tied to the NextPVR plug-in, but figured I'd start here. I'll repost in the skin forum.
I'll move the entire thread to the Estuary sub-forum for you. No need to create a new one.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
I thought about this too when I was translating Estuary.

The word "watch" doesn't make much sense if you're browsing programs that will be airing in the future. For programs that are currently airing "watch" would be good.

Maybe the label could change dynamically depending on the status of the program.

The "add timer" does exactly what the name says and not all programs are tv series.
Kodi @ NVidia Shield Android TV, Asrock J3455-ITX (LibreELEC Server), Windows 10, and Nexus 7 (2013)
(2018-04-29, 09:31)maxtherabbit Wrote: I thought about this too when I was translating Estuary.

The word "watch" doesn't make much sense if you're browsing programs that will be airing in the future. For programs that are currently airing "watch" would be good.

Maybe the label could change dynamically depending on the status of the program.

The "add timer" does exactly what the name says and not all programs are tv series.

"Switch" is also used for radio channels. So, simply changing the string "switch" to "watch" won't work.

"Add timer" can be used not only to create series recordings. It can for instance also be used to create a single recording of a particular show or time frame. This, changing the string to "Series recording," would be wrong.
Thanks for moving the thread.

Since the "Switch" button is used for both TV and radio, perhaps "Tune In" would be more appropriate.

Those are fair points about "Add Timer" but I would still like to be able to change it on my end, if possible. When I think of a timer, I think of a clock counting down, not scheduling a recording. Maybe something like "Repeat Recording" or "Schedule Recordings" or "Advanced Recording" or "Recording Options", which are more generic than "Record Series" but still imply recording multiple events.
“add timer” confused me too when I first got into kodi I thought that it was a timer to automatically switch to that channel when it was on because my previous TV had that ability. Something like “add recording” of just “record” would be better.
(2018-04-30, 13:25)Av3nged Wrote: “add timer” confused me too when I first got into kodi I thought that it was a timer to automatically switch to that channel when it was on because my previous TV had that ability. Something like “add recording” of just “record” would be better.

Just “record" is already there. It schedules a single recording for the selected show.

The Kodi designers chose "timers" for that functionality (long before my time with the project) and I think it is not that hard to learn what this means in Kodi, for instance by just trying out what happens when selecting a "strange" menu item.

I don't think I will change anything here. My experience with this kind of user interface changes is that when I change it to the likes of the posters in this thread other dudes will pop up immediately, requesting to restore it to how it was before.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Want to change "Switch" to "Watch"0