• 9(current)
Release CBC TV (Canadian Broadcasting Corporation)
Sounds like you have some ideas or at least some processes/functions to rule out. I very much appreciate the addon and your work to fine tune it.

For what it's worth, I think I've exhausted the idea if there being a potential LAN issue. Everything I checked indicates no issues relating to performance of Internet sourced material.

I'll leave it in your hands Micahg, and if you need me to test anything I'm happy to assist.

Cheers,
Robert
Stay tuned
(2018-05-01, 17:55)kodaksmith Wrote: RE: Show of hands.

I am able to successfully play CBC shows with CBC TV add-on v4.0.3.  I'm using Kodi 17.3 (RetroPie) and 17.6 (LibreElec) on Raspberry Pi 2 and 3 respectively.

Note that on at least two occasions I have encountered errors.  When this happened I have had to delete the "addon_data/plugin.video.cbc/" cache.  After that the shows would play properly again.

Thanks again @micahg for maintaining this add-on.

EDIT:  For the record I do not use a username/password with the add-on.
You should use a username/password, the add-on works much better this way.
Hi Micahg,
On my return to Ontario yesterday I noticed that all the CBC shows were now no longer available. I added my free CBC login username and password to the settings in my addon version 4.0.3 which made no difference.

Just for the sake of the hands up request I am using a LibreELEC 8.2.5 Generic X86_64 and using an Intel Celeron N2820 @ 2.13 GHz with 8 gig ram. The Kodi build is the 17.6 Gita9a7a20.

I attach the log error:
17:20:15.752 T:140549784827648   ERROR: GetDirectory - Error getting
17:20:29.725 T:140549675591424   ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
                                             - NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
                                            Error Type: <type 'exceptions.KeyError'>
                                            Error Contents: 'devid'
                                            Traceback (most recent call last):
                                              File "/storage/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.cbc/default.py", line 235, in <module>
                                                showsMenu(values)
                                              File "/storage/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.cbc/default.py", line 152, in showsMenu
                                                show_list = shows.getShows(url, progress_callback = prog.update)
                                              File "/storage/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.cbc/resources/lib/shows.py", line 90, in getShows
                                                headers = self.getHeaders()
                                              File "/storage/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.cbc/resources/lib/shows.py", line 37, in getHeaders
                                                'X-Clearleap-DeviceId': auth['devid']
                                            KeyError: 'devid'
                                            -->End of Python script error report<--
17:20:29.876 T:140551252254016   ERROR: GetDirectory - Error getting plugin://plugin.video.cbc/?menu=Shows
17:20:29.877 T:140551252254016   ERROR: CGUIMediaWindow::GetDirectory(plugin://plugin.video.cbc/?menu=Shows) failed

Hopefully this info can be of some help and if not just let me know and I won't bother you with any further input.

This morning as suggested earlier on in this thread by another forum member, I deleted the plugin.video.cbc.com userdata on libreeleclocal addon_data. After doing that I was able to access the TV Shows. However, when trying to access the older seasons 1 and 2 of Still Standing, I was getting the message to enter my logon info for the watch.cbc.ca "the free version" which I did and was then able to watch these 2 old seasons of this tv show.
The cbc addon refuses to even load on my kodi 17.6 on linux mint 17.3. I did some digging and I am wondering if the conda or anaconda packages are needed to aid with the addons correct function?

Can any developer types confirm if conda is needed on linux or other platforms in order to have a functional cbc addon?
(2018-05-04, 23:55)newsbeast Wrote: The cbc addon refuses to even load on my kodi 17.6 on linux mint 17.3. I did some digging and I am wondering if the conda or anaconda packages are needed to aid with the addons correct function?

Can any developer types confirm if conda is needed on linux or other platforms in order to have a functional cbc addon?
No
(2018-05-04, 23:39)a2343 Wrote: Hi Micahg,
On my return to Ontario yesterday I noticed that all the CBC shows were now no longer available. I added my free CBC login username and password to the settings in my addon version 4.0.3 which made no difference.

Just for the sake of the hands up request I am using a LibreELEC 8.2.5 Generic X86_64 and using an Intel Celeron N2820 @ 2.13 GHz with 8 gig ram. The Kodi build is the 17.6 Gita9a7a20.

I attach the log error:
17:20:15.752 T:140549784827648   ERROR: GetDirectory - Error getting
17:20:29.725 T:140549675591424   ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
                                             - NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
                                            Error Type: <type 'exceptions.KeyError'>
                                            Error Contents: 'devid'
                                            Traceback (most recent call last):
                                              File "/storage/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.cbc/default.py", line 235, in <module>
                                                showsMenu(values)
                                              File "/storage/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.cbc/default.py", line 152, in showsMenu
                                                show_list = shows.getShows(url, progress_callback = prog.update)
                                              File "/storage/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.cbc/resources/lib/shows.py", line 90, in getShows
                                                headers = self.getHeaders()
                                              File "/storage/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.cbc/resources/lib/shows.py", line 37, in getHeaders
                                                'X-Clearleap-DeviceId': auth['devid']
                                            KeyError: 'devid'
                                            -->End of Python script error report<--
17:20:29.876 T:140551252254016   ERROR: GetDirectory - Error getting plugin://plugin.video.cbc/?menu=Shows
17:20:29.877 T:140551252254016   ERROR: CGUIMediaWindow::GetDirectory(plugin://plugin.video.cbc/?menu=Shows) failed

Hopefully this info can be of some help and if not just let me know and I won't bother you with any further input.
I expect I'll be able to fix that with the changes I'm planning on making. Short term, can you try going into the settings and logging out? Then try again.
Following the edit of my earlier post "This morning as suggested earlier on in this thread by another forum member, I deleted the plugin.video.cbc.com userdata on libreeleclocal addon_data. After doing that I was able to access the TV Shows. However, when trying to access the older seasons 1 and 2 of Still Standing, I was getting the message to enter my logon info for the watch.cbc.ca "the free version" which I did and was then able to watch these 2 old seasons of this tv show."

I did sign out and I am still able to get all the TV shows including the two older versions of Still Standing.
(2018-05-01, 17:12)WildPhydeaux Wrote: Thanks Micahg,

No Windows PCs here, but I just installed Kodi 17.6 onto my Linux Mint 18.3 (64-bit) desktop. Nothing configured, just basic install and added the CBC addon. Entered username/password. First start of the addon and I get a popup addon error. Second attempt crashes Kodi. Restarted, enabled debug, restarted and ran the CBC addon again. Same result - first time just the error, second time crashes Kodi.

Debug Log

I have another system I can put the latest LibreElec on if you want me to try that also. I guess I could also spin up a Windows 7 VM on my desktop if you want. Just let me know...

Cheers,
Robert

I am in the same state as you in that the cbc addon won't even load on my linux mint 17.3 64bit desktop. The addon does work fine on an android box otherwise.
Prior to deleting my plugin.video.cbc file, I had logged out of the addon in settings but was still not able to access the TV shows.
@newsbeast your issue is entirely different from what I can tell. You are getting SSL errors:  requests.exceptions.SSLError. That feels like a platform/compilation problem with your kodi install. I'll look into it when I have time, but I think you'd do well to investigate that a bit on your own (see line 631 in your own log file).

Here is a link to get you started: https://www.google.ca/search?q=requests....Error+kodi

Also, FWIW, I role my own build of Kodi (18) on Ubuntu 64 and do not have this issue.
@WildPhydeaux and @a2343 -- can either of you give this branch a try: https://github.com/micahg/plugin.video.c...ttings.zip

I'm hoping it resolves your respective issues.

Also, FWIW, everyone else should benefit from the speed boost playing things if you turn on bitrate selection or bitrate autoselection.

Cheers.
Getting there Micahg...

Removed the previous version of the addon and deleted the user data stuff, then installed this test version and entered my credentials.

All the Live Channels now work without issue.

I picked an handful of random items from the Shows area and all played video fine with no audio. Tried various bitrates but made no difference. When playing a selection if I bring up the audio selection, it list shows the Audio Stream greyed out, ie: there isn't one.

Also updated the addon on Kodi on my Linux Mint machine. No difference, first load of the addon fails, second attempt crashes Kodi.

You're obviously on the right track for your addon.
And there's obviously something missing as a dependency on Kodi in Linux.

Thanks again for your work...

Cheers,
Robert
(2018-05-06, 16:56)WildPhydeaux Wrote: Getting there Micahg...

IMO, we're there...
(2018-05-06, 16:56)WildPhydeaux Wrote: ...I picked an handful of random items from the Shows area and all played video fine with no audio. Tried various bitrates but made no difference. When playing a selection if I bring up the audio selection, it list shows the Audio Stream greyed out, ie: there istn't one.

I can't change the audio codec so I think you are basically on your own for that one. That is between you, your kodi build and your hardware manufacturer. Post a log though and maybe I can help you find a solution.
(2018-05-06, 16:56)WildPhydeaux Wrote: Also updated the addon on Kodi on my Linux Mint machine. No difference, first load of the addon fails, second attempt crashes Kodi.

I'll look at logs for that too if you want. Post each log separately and make sure you tell me which is which (this is the fail, this is the crash, this is bad audio). Make sure you turn on ffmpeg and curl component specific logging AND debug logging.

TBH, these are not issues with the addon I'm betting, but put up your logs and I'll try to make time to look into it.
Hi Micahg,

So I have no idea what you changed, wouldn't understand an explanation anyway... Lol.

But the old version DID work for me once last week, played a David Attenborough Reef episode with full audio and video. I believe I mentioned that in an earlier post. This was on my main system, the one I provided logs for initially. So why would the audio codec be different now?

This system is an OSMC Vero 4k, which are generally accepted as one of the better units "out there" for being able to play roughly any format. Indeed I've never had an issue with it playing anything I've thrown at it including a variety of streaming selections. I'm happy to take your suggestion to the OSMC Support forum, but it does strike as odd.

In any case, here's a fresh log:
https://paste.kodi.tv/rudegihipi

With respect to the Linux system, I really have no interest in running Kodi there anyway, I was just responding to your request for me to try the addon on another Kodi platform but didn't have a Windows system to try it on. I agree, there are some Kodi-LM dependencies there unrelated to your addon.

Cheers,
Robert
  • 9(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
CBC TV (Canadian Broadcasting Corporation)1