• 148(current)
Xonfluence (Leia v18.x & Matrix v19.x) (Krypton 17 = deprecated)
(2018-05-08, 22:53)Karl1234 Wrote: It's mainly on add-ons that you can't enable subtitles, if you can enable subtitles the dialog option shows up and you can download the subtitle. If you cant enable subtitles manually when you click the subtitle dialog button nothing happens. Il try other skins and get back to you. Il manage anyway because your skin is the by far the best.
 Hi Karl,

I did a small check. I didn't have any issues with enabling subtitles. The only thing I noticed is that if you download the first subtitle (no subtitles already downloaded for that video) you cannot select it. After restarting or resetting Kodi, however you can. The same behavior occurs on Estuary, so according to me it is not a skin issue.

Helly.
(2018-05-09, 02:06)Bibio Wrote:  external player not maximised (windowed). Kodi is in the background. when i click on a movie to play and the external player launches via playercorefactory.xml then the "movie-poster" is replaced by the skindefault.jpg.
when the external player is closed the skindefault is replaced again with the movie-poster.

i would imagine that even if the external player is launched fullscreen then the same would happen in the background.
its no biggie but it could affect the switching with players exiting from full screen.

while on the subject of skindefault.jpg. how or where is it hidden when installing the skin with Leia? Textures.xbt? 
  It is indeed not easy to solve this issue as the background are created with a lot of dependencies.

The skindefault background is indeed in textures.xbt. You can also select it from the skinbackground resource, but as fallback background it is selected from textures, as the user may not have installed a resource addon.

Helly.
(2018-05-09, 06:44)Mount81 Wrote: Not exactly regarding this same issue, but I guess you remember my "thumbnail preview not extracted" problem. So in this case, when I start a video with external player, than exiting the playback and going back to the KODI GUI the thumbnail gets "magically" extracted from the video, like it should normally. But just after I've used the external player with the particular video file. (I guess using KODI's internal player would do the same, but haven't tried yet).

I've also tried to manually switch OFF and ON again the "Extract Video Thumbnail" option in the KODI Settings menu and after this the extraction juts worked for all newly added videos automatically, but just till the next startup of KODI. After exiting and starting KODI again it still doing no extraction at all. Like it would somehow forget about that this setting is enabled in the menu, maybe the switch or parameter of the setting isn't properly saved or recognized or just reverted somehow in the system settings file, from which it should read it after a new start-up. I would gladly provide this system setting file that should contain this setting for further analysis if it could matter in this case. 

Hi, your description confirms (according to me) that your issue is not a skin issue but an internal issue with kodi settings that are not saved correctly. I would suggest to post your issue on another forum.

Helly.
@Helly1206

Hi Helly, I haven't posted here in a long time, mainly because I have just been happily using Xonfluence and Kodi without any particular problems.

So I'm really just posting now to thank you again for your continued support of this skin.

I look forward to using the new version when I upgrade to Kodi 18 in due course.

THANKS! again Smile
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge please click the 'Thumb Up - Like' button to show me your appreciation :)
For YouTube questions see the official thread here.
(2018-05-10, 13:21)Helly1206 Wrote:
(2018-05-09, 06:44)Mount81 Wrote: Not exactly regarding this same issue, but I guess you remember my "thumbnail preview not extracted" problem. So in this case, when I start a video with external player, than exiting the playback and going back to the KODI GUI the thumbnail gets "magically" extracted from the video, like it should normally. But just after I've used the external player with the particular video file. (I guess using KODI's internal player would do the same, but haven't tried yet).

I've also tried to manually switch OFF and ON again the "Extract Video Thumbnail" option in the KODI Settings menu and after this the extraction juts worked for all newly added videos automatically, but just till the next startup of KODI. After exiting and starting KODI again it still doing no extraction at all. Like it would somehow forget about that this setting is enabled in the menu, maybe the switch or parameter of the setting isn't properly saved or recognized or just reverted somehow in the system settings file, from which it should read it after a new start-up. I would gladly provide this system setting file that should contain this setting for further analysis if it could matter in this case. 

Hi, your description confirms (according to me) that your issue is not a skin issue but an internal issue with kodi settings that are not saved correctly. I would suggest to post your issue on another forum.

Helly. 
I have already posted it to the "original" Confluence thread: 328879 (thread) But no replies since 3 months. Tho' I still somehow presume that it's indeed may somehow be Skin related. As you can also see in my posts, I have tried it both with "Confluence" and "Estuary" and the extraction just works fine with these skins. Maybe I'm missing some dependencies required for Xfluence? Tho' just still guessing, so I will post it to the General->Android sections as well.
(2018-05-10, 13:51)Mount81 Wrote: I have already posted it to the "original" Confluence thread: 328879 (thread) But no replies since 3 months. Tho' I still somehow presume that it's indeed may somehow be Skin related. As you can also see in my posts, I have tried it both with "Confluence" and "Estuary" and the extraction just works fine with these skins. Maybe I'm missing some dependencies required for Xfluence? Tho' just still guessing, so I will post it to the General->Android sections as well. 
Extracting thumbnails option is in the general Kodi settings section and has nothing to do with the skin at all and also has nothing to do with dependencies for Xonfleunce. Therefore posting on the original confluence thread doesn't help either. I don't know if your issue is android specific, then posting on the general android section may give you more luck.

Helly.
(2018-05-10, 13:29)jmh2002 Wrote: @Helly1206

Hi Helly, I haven't posted here in a long time, mainly because I have just been happily using Xonfluence and Kodi without any particular problems.

So I'm really just posting now to thank you again for your continued support of this skin.

I look forward to using the new version when I upgrade to Kodi 18 in due course.

THANKS! again Smile

You're welcome.
Helly.
Yeah I restarted it and was all good. Thanks for the help
Helly,

i noticed that some codecs were missing so i have taken the liberty to add the missing ones in Textures.xbt

flagging - Video, Added codec:
mpeg
dts_x
atmos

flagging - lists, Changed colour of:
4K = red
HD = blue
SD = green

Tinyupload
Textures.xbt
(2018-05-11, 10:01)Karl1234 Wrote: Yeah I restarted it and was all good. Thanks for the help
 You're welcome

Helly.
(2018-05-11, 17:25)Bibio Wrote: Helly,

i noticed that some codecs were missing so i have taken the liberty to add the missing ones in Textures.xbt
Thanks a lot. I will include them in the next release. In the mean time poeply can just replace the Textures.xbt file with yours if they want to add the codec textures.

Helly.
Hi Helly, I have read your posts on subtitles. Mine still not working with Movies or TV Shows. I tried with several other skins (3 in total) including the default Estuary and these are all working fine. If I recall it was working ok with the first release of 3.4 but not with 4.0. I will wait for the next Alpha update to see if this fixes, thanks
(2018-05-12, 07:42)AussieAbroad Wrote: I have a log file but cannot post on this forum
No you can't, not with your setup which disqualifies you from support. Clean Log = support. And considering you will be asked for a log for just about every problem, you'll find you won't get very far with your questions.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
I am having an issue. I have a clean up wizard that I have used for most versions of Kodi including Kodi 17. For Kodi 18, I have added a short cut to the clean cache tool in my wizard and I get a error 'Playback Failed' after I have used the clear cache tool from the shortcut on the icon menu. Any reason why this would do this with Kodi 18.
@Durex

You will need to provide a Debug_Log (wiki). The instructions are in my signature. Use the Basic method. Once you have enabled debugging in Settings>System Settings>Logging, restart Kodi then replicate the problem. In your case, try to play the movie. Once done upload to https://pastebin.com/ or https://paste.ubuntu.com/ and link back here. Note: Full logs only. No partial or redacted logs

Also, which clean up tool is it?
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
  • 148(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Xonfluence (Leia v18.x & Matrix v19.x) (Krypton 17 = deprecated)13