• 81(current)
Android nVidia Shield TV (2015 & 2017 Models) - UPDATED: May 25, 2018
(2018-05-12, 10:32)Tinwarble Wrote:
(2018-05-11, 21:31)chairwizz Wrote: Does anyone know if the Shield has access to Android's night mode for filtering blue light?  As a lesser option I take it that the twilight app can be installed?

No, because the Shield runs Android TV not mobile Android. Whether you can install the Twilight app or not I can't say, you can try sideloading it but that doesn't mean it will work.

Quote:Can the Shield be rooted in order to install f.lux?  I'm guessing that rooting would mess with access to HD Prime/Netflix though.

Yes you can root the Shield. Nvidia provides pre-rooted FW that you can flash. No it doesn't do anything to Prime/Netflix, they'll work just as they would on an unrooted Shield.

Thanks! That sounds promising re: rooting, I’ll go look into that.
(2018-05-11, 00:00)Blurayx Wrote:
(2018-05-10, 23:18)Tinwarble Wrote: I don't see anything in your log that's causing a crash, someone else might but I don't.  Did you use the log uploader add-on?  Your 2nd log shows you did, and if so you need to duplicate the crash, then submit the kodi.old.log if you the uploader add-on after a crash .

That said, I can't duplicate your issue.  So it seems something specific to your setup.

If it's happening even with a fresh install of Kodi, then you may want to try performing a factory reset on your Shield and then see if the issue persists.
 Thanks for your help, Yes I used the log uploader add-on.
I will reset my Shield when I get time but I don't think it will help because I have the same issues with my iMac, shield tablet & Fire HD tablet.

UPDATE: installed alpha 1. No problems installing add-ons. The only issue I have now is that alphabet strip doesn't work with alpha 1
I find it hard to believe I’m the only one with this issue Sad 
Just found out, other Kodi 18 users are having the same issues  Smile
Setup: LG OLED65B7 | Denon AVR X7200WA | OPPO UDP-203 4K Blu-Ray player | Nvidia Shield TV | KEF T205
My Favorite Skin: Arctic Horizon
(2018-05-11, 21:31)chairwizz Wrote: Does anyone know if the Shield has access to Android's night mode for filtering blue light?  As a lesser option I take it that the twilight app can be installed?

Can the Shield be rooted in order to install f.lux?  I'm guessing that rooting would mess with access to HD Prime/Netflix though.
 I just tried the Twilight app. It seems to be working fine.
(2018-05-12, 21:06)wesk05 Wrote:

Can the Shield be rooted in order to install f.lux?  I'm guessing that rooting would mess with access to HD Prime/Netflix though.
 I just tried the Twilight app. It seems to be working fine.

Thanks, that’s good to know. The argument for rooted f.lux or lumens over Twilight is that they modify the colours algorithically rather than applying a red filter on top of everything as Twilight apparently does. This means that blacks remain black with the rooted apps but are tinted red by Twilight.
(2018-04-20, 20:22)movie78 Wrote:
(2018-04-20, 19:20)hdmkv Wrote: Instructions here.
 That setup works, is just the PC function on the remote that is not working
No issue using the APP on my phone.

This is my issue here
Quote:I've been using the remote on Android TV with 'Microsoft Kodi' as the device. Buttons like 'Info' and 'Menu' worked fine with Kodi until the latest update ruined it, and now I get a notification on the Harmony Ultimate remote screen saying 'You have to use the Harmony app to pair this device'.  That's kind of weird since I never had to do that before. I should also mention that those same commands do work on the Harmony app on my android powered phone.   What's going on? I could not find a way to 'pair this device' to my remote, and aren't the remote and app paired to the hub

I had the same problem.
What you have to do is delete all devices (shield, pc computer).
After that delete your activity.

Now add new devices, Nvidia Shield and Microsoft Kodi.
Create your activity with those and your other devices.
When it is done use your phone app and go to device specific button (at the devices section) for Nvidia shield. It will ask to pair (make sure every harmony keyboard bluetooth is deleted on your shield). So pair your harmony.

Test those buttons. Unpait that harmony keyboard on your shield again.

Now go to the apps Harmony setup (where you can add activity and stuff) and go to devices, go to Microsoft mediaplayer and pair it through there.

Once that is done, all the buttons should work.

It's a little fiddling with pairing and unpairing. But all my kodi commands work. You can add kodi commands to buttons that have nothing assigned.

Hope to helps you.
Not to be completely off-topic, but Best Buy has an Nvidia Consumer Offer for $75 Off Nvidia products from May 14-19 (under Deals>Top Deals>Member Offers).

Maybe it works on Shield TVs?
Hello - I have not been able to play .iso files nor opening the fie index.bdmv (it does not show up the menus anymore).

Here is the debug information generated when I tried to load the movie The.Greatest.Showman.2017.COMPLETE.UHD.BLURAY-OMFUG: 
 -> https://pastebin.com/qY5F7nP9

Has anybody else faced this issue? What should I do to be able to run such files again? 

Thanks
https://forums.geforce.com/default/topic...grade-7-0/
Hello.

Take a look at this: https://forums.geforce.com/default/topic...grade-7-0/

Some questions
  •   Do you guys know if there is any negative impact on Kodi when installing those updates?
  •   My main use is for 4K UHD with Dolby Atmos or DTS-X (audio passthrough) movie playback - are those features impacted by these NVIdia upgrades?

I will wait on the feedback from you guys to go ahead and upgrade my Shield Smile

Thanks
(2018-05-24, 16:52)gilsonsjc Wrote: Hello.

Take a look at this: https://forums.geforce.com/default/topic...grade-7-0/

Some questions
  •   Do you guys know if there is any negative impact on Kodi when installing those updates?
  •   My main use is for 4K UHD with Dolby Atmos or DTS-X (audio passthrough) movie playback - are those features impacted by these NVIdia upgrades?

I will wait on the feedback from you guys to go ahead and upgrade my Shield Smile

Thanks 
 Also waiting on feedback before updating, I hope this update is not forced update
MY CURRENT MEDIA PLAYER | MY HOME THEATER
MINIX NEO U22-XJ COREELEC v19 MATRIX | EGREAT A10 | NVIDIA SHIELD | LG 75 NANO90 DV/HDR+ | Sony 43 Android TV HDR
XBOX SERIES X  | PS4 PRO 4K | JBL 9.1 System 5.1.4 DTS:X/ATMOS 
It is not at this moment - you have to register yourself as a Shield Preview Program member to get it Wink
A bit of a warning incase some users get caught out with this long standing bug:

Warning: Android TV Oreo updates the Live Channels app which STILL has issues releasing channels for HDHR tuners (click)

(2018-05-25, 06:36)wrxtasy Wrote: A bit of a warning incase some users get caught out with this long standing bug:

Warning: Android TV Oreo updates the Live Channels app which STILL has issues releasing channels for HDHR tuners (click)
 That has zero to do with Oreo.  That happened with a Live Channels update and has been an issue for quite a while now.  It's old news https://forum.silicondust.com/forum/view...e+channels
Forum Rules (wiki) | Banned add-ons (wiki) | Wiki (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
Hello!

Really need some help with this one. Today I tried to change regions on the Settings/Player Settings/Discs/Blu-ray region Code to Region B and C. Both times I got the same pop with entitled "Playback failed" and with the the error message "One or more items failed to play. Check the log for more information about this message". I did not get it first time I posted the problem. Here is a link to the pop up https://photos.app.goo.gl/YPYHulK2OaW5FvsV2 

The new debug log can be found here -> https://pastebin.com/8hwNJ240 

Thanks for the help!
Here's some feature highlights, which are specific to Kodi use for the Android 8.0 update:

• Ability to connect to Wi-Fi without disconnecting Ethernet (Settings > Network > Ethernet)

• Option to keep SHIELD awake when switching TV input (Settings > Display & sound > Power control)

• Resolves issue where captive portal had difficulty connecting over SSL enabled web portals

• Adds additional IR codes for Coocaa, LeTV, and Xiaomi living room products

• Fixes issue during IR setup where some LG TVs are not identified correctly

• Resolves issue where removable storage shows incorrect capacity(0-bytes) until reboot or drive reconnect

• Improved connection reliability to NAS

• Improved color space conversion such as from Rec. 709 or sRGB source content to Rec. 2020

• Resolves instances of temporary missing audio immediately after wake or extended idle periods

• Optimizes internal drive after SHIELD Upgrades to improve performance (SHIELD TV Pro only)

• Fixes HEVC green line issue on 1080p content on some TVs

There are more changes which can be found HERE, but these are probably the most important for Kodi use.
Forum Rules (wiki) | Banned add-ons (wiki) | Wiki (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
  • 81(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
nVidia Shield TV (2015 & 2017 Models) - UPDATED: May 25, 20188