Bulk rename episodes
(2018-05-26, 08:56)clockwerk Wrote: Since you're not the dev, I would like you to keep your opinion of the software itself to yourself as you might have missed it as I did.
Well, you sure know how to make friends here. Not every moderator is indeed a 'dev', but it doesn't mean he has no expertise.
So I suggest you tone down the attitude a bit, telling forum moderators what to do is not in your best interest.
(2018-05-26, 09:04)Klojum Wrote:
(2018-05-26, 08:56)clockwerk Wrote: Since you're not the dev, I would like you to keep your opinion of the software itself to yourself as you might have missed it as I did.
Well, you sure know how to make friends here. Not every moderator is indeed a 'dev', but it doesn't mean he has no expertise.
So I suggest you tone down the attitude a bit, telling forum moderators what to do is not in your best interest. 
Again, like i said, he confirmed it himself without consulting with the devs. He is human, he might have missed this feature like myself. Do not confuse my wording as being attitude, have you even read the thread fully? The devs got my question confused time and time again. I had to make screenshots to explain my problem again and again to make it as clear as possible. Do not try to be the white knight here, its just unsightly.
(2018-05-26, 09:14)clockwerk Wrote: The devs got my question confused time and time again. I had to make screenshots to explain my problem again and again to make it as clear as possible
If that is the case, your problem description probably has a flaw. It's not always easy to 'read' the thoughts of someone connected to a keyboard far far away.

(2018-05-26, 09:14)clockwerk Wrote: Do not try to be the white knight here, its just unsightly.
Don't flatter yourself.
you got it - there is no feature for what you want..
tinyMediaManager - THE media manager of your choice - available for Windows, macOS and Linux
Help us translate tinyMediaManager at Weblate | Translations at 66%
Found a bug or want to submit a feature request? Contact us at GitLab
You do not want "bulk edit" - you want to bulk in/decrease some numeric fields with a variable number...
This is too special, that any software would add it.

But some other questions come to my mind:

- of how many files are we talking about? 10? 100? or multiple thousand?
- how did they get this wrong episode number?
- what do the filenames look like? did we parse them wrong?

But since you have already found some BulkRenameUtility which can handle this... why the fuzz?
tinyMediaManager - THE media manager of your choice :)
Wanna help translate TMM ?
Bulk rename utility is able to do what you want, but i havent got the time to write a tutorial. Play around a little bit with the settings. I think you need Option nr 10. Before numbering the episodes, remove the old numbers with bulk rename utility

Read the second post of this thread
http://www.bulkrenameutility.co.uk/forum...f=2&t=1678

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Bulk rename episodes0