• 418(current)
Kodi DSPlayer – DirectShow Player for Windows
Windows Update 1803 is a complete mess. I messed a lot of things up for me. Movies started blacking out and back on over and over. After days of messing with every possible fix I could find online(none that worked), I decided to just rollback to the previous update and then disable Windows Updates in Services until Windows gets their shit together.
@Tamuro, this is exactly what I did too [emoji6]
(2018-05-28, 23:26)Tamuro Wrote: Windows Update 1803 is a complete mess. I messed a lot of things up for me. Movies started blacking out and back on over and over. After days of messing with every possible fix I could find online(none that worked), I decided to just rollback to the previous update and then disable Windows Updates in Services until Windows gets their shit together.
Is this a problem with DSPlayer or madVR or the Windows Update in general? If it's just DSPlayer, I wouldn't expect a fix from Microsoft. Problems related to madVR should be posted in Doom9.
(2018-05-28, 23:29)mkohman Wrote: @Tamuro, this is exactly what I did too [emoji6]
 Did you try my fix for SMB sharing? Your issue shouldn't be that hard to fix if nothing is wrong with DSPlayer.

There is also this: https://www.tenforums.com/network-sharin...grade.html

And this video should be watched: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uNeo7O6ImAo

The second video is very similar to the instructions I provided but includes some additional steps to look for.
(2018-05-29, 00:44)Warner306 Wrote:
(2018-05-28, 23:26)Tamuro Wrote: Windows Update 1803 is a complete mess. I messed a lot of things up for me. Movies started blacking out and back on over and over. After days of messing with every possible fix I could find online(none that worked), I decided to just rollback to the previous update and then disable Windows Updates in Services until Windows gets their shit together.
Is this a problem with DSPlayer or madVR or the Windows Update in general? If it's just DSPlayer, I wouldn't expect a fix from Microsoft. Problems related to madVR should be posted in Doom9.     
Not sure what the update did that caused movies to do that. I did notice however that whenever I would hit the "Windows" key and brought up a menu, the movie would play fine behind it. For example, I brought up MadVR to check settings when the screen during playback was constantly freezing and going blank over and over. As soon as I closed the window I had open the screen would start freezing and going blank on and off again.

The only thing that allowed me to even see my shared files from PC to PC was if I disabled iPv6 on both PC's. The problems with DSPlayer still exsisted so I just rolled back and disabled Windows Updates from the Service menu. I had other problems unrelated to Kodi/DSPlayer as well. Once I rolled back, all problems I had were gone, including playback through Kodi/DSPlayer.

BTW, I tried everything in the link you posted and already seen that YouTube video a few days ago as well. There is thousands of posts all over the web about this update and I tired all the suggestions given. Only thing that allowed me to see my shared files on the network was disabling that. All the other problems however, remained.
On a side note: I am still running 16.1 jarvis and KodiSetup-jarvis.16.1.dsplayer-final-05.03.2016.20.05.dx11. Is there a newer version of this? I have been out of the loop for awhile.
Tamuro Go to the 1st post....17.6.
It works perfectly fine on my HTPC after I updated MadVR to the latest version (i was 5 versions/releases behind). I also had to select the correct audio renderer again in the DSPlayer config after the April'18 update.

Regarding SMB shares, these were ALWAYS a problem for me in Kodi as they never worked when setup inside the GUI.
I always had to edit the config file and add the share there (including user/pass), then Kodi could access the SMB share just fine.
(2018-05-29, 05:27)Tamuro Wrote:
Not sure what the update did that caused movies to do that. I did notice however that whenever I would hit the "Windows" key and brought up a menu, the movie would play fine behind it. For example, I brought up MadVR to check settings when the screen during playback was constantly freezing and going blank over and over. As soon as I closed the window I had open the screen would start freezing and going blank on and off again.

The only thing that allowed me to even see my shared files from PC to PC was if I disabled iPv6 on both PC's. The problems with DSPlayer still exsisted so I just rolled back and disabled Windows Updates from the Service menu. I had other problems unrelated to Kodi/DSPlayer as well. Once I rolled back, all problems I had were gone, including playback through Kodi/DSPlayer.

BTW, I tried everything in the link you posted and already seen that YouTube video a few days ago as well. There is thousands of posts all over the web about this update and I tired all the suggestions given. Only thing that allowed me to see my shared files on the network was disabling that. All the other problems however, remained. 
You should have tried to play some content with Kodi VideoPlayer to be certain. I doubt video playback on all media players is broken. It could be something that needs to be addressed in DSPlayer and it could not. In the short term, rolling back is probably the best idea, but creating a debug log and leaving it here may have also been helpful. You should have also tried another madVR player like MPC-HC to determine if the problem is madVR.
(2018-05-29, 10:24)madjockxbmc Wrote: Tamuro Go to the 1st post....17.6.
 Thanks.
(2018-05-29, 17:32)Warner306 Wrote:
(2018-05-29, 05:27)Tamuro Wrote:
(2018-05-29, 00:44)Warner306 Wrote: Is this a problem with DSPlayer or madVR or the Windows Update in general? If it's just DSPlayer, I wouldn't expect a fix from Microsoft. Problems related to madVR should be posted in Doom9.      

You should have tried to play some content with Kodi VideoPlayer to be certain. I doubt video playback on all media players is broken. It could be something that needs to be addressed in DSPlayer and it could not. In the short term, rolling back is probably the best idea, but creating a debug log and leaving it here may have also been helpful. You should have also tried another madVR player like MPC-HC to determine if the problem is madVR. 
 Probably should have, but I was too irritated after days of trying to fix all the things the Update broke. I have MPC-HC running MadVR too and just didn't think to try it.
Here is another tip for those having issues with SMB sharing: https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid...pid2739162.
Imma just update to 1803 right now to figure out what's going on. I'm fairly certain it won't break anything. Big Grin LOL We'll see what happens. I'll get back to you guys with a report.
Nope, everything works just fine. I even got way lower render times and was able to use NGU Very high instead of high. What can I say, this upgrade was great.  Oh, and using "Everyone" for an smb share is a bad habit anyway. Wink jk, maybe.. A little. 

Anyway, if people have a pretty standard Win release without too much tinkering, at least with a GTX 1070, this shouldn't be an issue to upgrade to. The SMB issue is easily solved by following Warner's advice or better yet, start sharing your folders with only the people you want to share them with and not leave em wide open through VPN backdoors or what ever could potentially happen on your network some day.

1803 is a go.
The lower render times don't sound too good. Either the Windows update improved the efficiency of GPUs or something is not functioning right in madVR. I would watch for dropped frames and determine if image quality has changed at all. One of the algorithms might not be functioning, which would lower the load on the GPU.
  • 418(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi DSPlayer – DirectShow Player for Windows47