• 56(current)
WeTek Hub - 24p HD Netflix - HD Kodi Audio - 10bit HEVC - Lollipop - 4K
(2018-01-22, 07:23)jean-paul Wrote: That seems a good suggestion as the original remote seems to lack one important button. In my case reception of IR signal is not bad. I slightly bent the sensor when the device was opened.

I think it it safe to say that the device is hampered by the original OS. It was reaching 100 degrees Celsius in original state. They can say what they want and the chip may be able to survive that but the surrounding parts won't. The funny car look is not bad at all but since it still ran too hot IMO I was thinking of mounting a Sunon Maglev 60 x 60 x 10 fan which would have given it true Frankenstein appeal. That is not necessary anymore. I dare to say the Hub is one of the best devices for Kodi. I also have an Intel NUC with H265 capabilities but the Hub has got the right size, the right performance with Libreelec and it is cheaper.
I really would like to see a picture of your Hub Smile
I never had major issues with mine but if I can make it better, i'm all ears...
(2018-05-23, 06:02)christoofar Wrote: Has WeTek stopped production of it's products? Very hard to locate a Hub or any other of theirs in the US.

What's wrong with their Amazon account https://www.amazon.com/s?marketplaceID=A...BAWQAAR4F2 they have a Hubs there
Well that is weird...I checked Amazon just last night, they only had listed 3rd part sellers....

update: ordered one. New toy to play with this weekend!
Nvidia ShieldTV (2017)+Nexus
How bout some pics of your mods to the case & heatsinks jean-paul ??
After having a Hub over the weekend, my impressions are mostly quite favorable. The remote is really poor, though the IR extender cable does help some. Android on this box is pretty much useless, even after the MM update, GUI is clunky, and I have not had any luck getting Netflix to run. Tried a Ninja build from apkmirror (which just errors out) and another from the App store, which runs, but doesn't play anything (just get a black screen)
However where it shines is running Libreelec, everything plays, audio is (finally) being decoded correctly, and it is pretty snappy considering the 1GB RAM. Tried like hell to get SMB2 shares working, numerous online guides wiki etc, finally gave up & reverted back to SMB1 and all is well. While I'm disappointed as the Hub doesn't seem to be able to solve my "one box to do it all" quest, I can live with a solid Kodi box, and FireTV for streaming NF & Prime.
(2018-05-28, 19:03)christoofar Wrote: While I'm disappointed as the Hub doesn't seem to be able to solve my "one box to do it all" quest, I can live with a solid Kodi box, and FireTV for streaming NF & Prime.

Have to say I'd recommend a Roku Streaming Stick or an Apple TV 4, both of which have frame rate switching support, over the Fire TV, which is stuck at a single output refresh rate, for Netflix/Prime duties (not Kodi)
For now, since I don't yet have a 4K TV, I'm good w/ the FTV2 , though I think eventually will most likely get an ATV 4k for streaming duties.
(2018-05-29, 04:45)christoofar Wrote: For now, since I don't yet have a 4K TV, I'm good w/ the FTV2 , though I think eventually will most likely get an ATV 4k for streaming duties.
 Yep - I think some people are genuinely more susceptible to non-native refresh rate than others.  If you've grown up in North America or another 60Hz territory I think you're more used to 3:2 than those of us in Europe who got 24p stuff as 2:2 with 4% speed-up.  Conversely we're probably less susceptible to the tempo changes that 4% speed-up introduces on speech and music (which should be pitch corrected to avoid a pitch change)

I can't watch 3:2 content for any period of time - and my other half is the same.
(2018-05-28, 19:03)christoofar Wrote: After having a Hub over the weekend, my impressions are mostly quite favorable. The remote is really poor, though the IR extender cable does help some. Android on this box is pretty much useless, even after the MM update, GUI is clunky, and I have not had any luck getting Netflix to run. Tried a Ninja build from apkmirror (which just errors out) and another from the App store, which runs, but doesn't play anything (just get a black screen)
However where it shines is running Libreelec, everything plays, audio is (finally) being decoded correctly, and it is pretty snappy considering the 1GB RAM. Tried like hell to get SMB2 shares working, numerous online guides wiki etc, finally gave up & reverted back to SMB1 and all is well. While I'm disappointed as the Hub doesn't seem to be able to solve my "one box to do it all" quest, I can live with a solid Kodi box, and FireTV for streaming NF & Prime.

I have Netflix and Prime both working on wetek - Im using CoreElec with Kodi Leia (though you could just as well use a LibreElec 9 build)
(2018-05-29, 12:28)tredman Wrote:
(2018-05-28, 19:03)christoofar Wrote: After having a Hub over the weekend, my impressions are mostly quite favorable. The remote is really poor, though the IR extender cable does help some. Android on this box is pretty much useless, even after the MM update, GUI is clunky, and I have not had any luck getting Netflix to run. Tried a Ninja build from apkmirror (which just errors out) and another from the App store, which runs, but doesn't play anything (just get a black screen)

I have Netflix and Prime both working on wetek - Im using CoreElec with Kodi Leia (though you could just as well use a LibreElec 9 build)

You have NF & Prime running on Android, or on Core? 
(2018-05-29, 15:07)christoofar Wrote:
(2018-05-29, 12:28)tredman Wrote:

You have NF & Prime running on Android, or on Core? 

On CoreElec.

You just need Kodi Leia, input stream enabled and the netflix and prime addons.

It's not as good as the android apps, but are pretty relaible.
So has anyone actually gotten Netflix w/ 5.1 audio working thru Android MM on the Hub? If so, was there a specific build number required? Saw some comments to that effect up thread, but this topic has kind of died out, and it was a while back...

Guy Late to the Party
Netflix 1080p with 5.1 DD sound from Google Play, works fine with Android MM(rom) 2.4.1 from here: https://www.wetekforums.com/v/discussion...4-1#latest. If you use microsd card with LE, just remove sdcard while you use Android MM, the Hub is much smoother!
(2018-05-23, 06:02)christoofar Wrote: Has WeTek stopped production of it's products? Very hard to locate a Hub or any other of theirs in the US.

(2018-05-23, 10:53)zbigzbig20 Wrote: Wetek looks like dead now. Since many months no new updates, no infos no new receivers...

A few weeks ago I had some email contact with Wetek about the devices from wetekbusiness.com I've been told, that these are not available to end customers, only to providers of streaming services etc., which are supposed to rent the devices to their customers.

But I've also been told, that there will be a new device from Wetek soon as well. Couldn't get any info about the timeframe - just 1-2 technical details -  but recently even Anima from Wetek team posted a reply on their forum, that people, who are looking for a new device and are about to choose a competitors product, should wait. Considering that Wetek has always been saying "At this moment there is nothing to announce" since the Play2S "desaster", it's quite an opposite step to go out and say there will be a new device "soon".

Sadly Anima then described that "soon" part as "a couple of months probably", but somehow I think it's closer than that, because of the difference in the stance since the Play2S announcement and now.

Whenever it gets released, I could imagine that there will be a big update, which runs on the new and on the old devices, but who knows...
Well whatever their "new device" is, I hope they do a better job supporting it than this one. WeTek started out great, sharing info with Kodi team, doing bug fixes etc (though they seem to have turned a deaf ear towards some needed fixes). All seems to have dropped by the wayside.
  • 56(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
WeTek Hub - 24p HD Netflix - HD Kodi Audio - 10bit HEVC - Lollipop - 4K3