• 47(current)
YouTube Plug-in Thread
Anybody else have a problem playing this? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rUmPZAIlFdA
I'm getting a "This video may be inappropriate for some users" error and the video won't play, it works in firefox.
I have enabled the "Age gate" setting.

Kodi 17.6, with latest youtube plugins (6.0.2, 6.1.0~alpha7) With or without DASH

jonib
XBMC2, EventGhost plugin. Image
So is anyone else running LibreELEC with the add on successfully? Nobody else getting those backend errors?
Another debug, this time with addon userdata default (reset to defaults and relocated addon_data folder) and running 6.1.0-alpha7:

https://pastebin.com/EQ6Ht9cq

Hope this helps.
(2018-06-13, 23:59)jonib Wrote: Anybody else have a problem playing this? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rUmPZAIlFdA
I'm getting a "This video may be inappropriate for some users" error and the video won't play, it works in firefox.
I have enabled the "Age gate" setting.

Kodi 17.6, with latest youtube plugins (6.0.2, 6.1.0~alpha7) With or without DASH

jonib
 Do you have a "brand channel" on your account you watch your youtube videos with on kodi? I had the same issue and solved it by changing to the original youtube/google+ account.
Is the beta version for Kodi Leia Alpha not working in 1080p (with MPEG-Dash)? I have restored a backup and i config everything and the settings seem to be correc (and worked on the version from where the backup is from). But it seems i can get only 720p.
@durag5 
Code:
plugin://plugin.video.youtube/play/?playlist_id=PLBSJ9TnSQBx02MYEM7wDWVL0aXGE6KDig&order=default&play=1
order=default can be default, reverse, or shuffle.
video_id=<video_id> can be used to set start video, order=shuffle doesn't work if video_id is specified

@druu and @rafaelSorel
It appears to be an issue with your channel on YouTube's end. I've updated the logging in ~alpha8 If you can provide a new debug_log (wiki) with the updated version I may be able to see more.
You can also disable Settings - Folders - Liked Videos with the new version and you may be able to at least do a little bit more.

Also have you tried logging into your account on the web to see if anything is abnormal?

@xalaros10 
Min. Bandwidth  30000000
Max. Bandwidth  0
Stream Selection...Auto
Ignore Display Resolution...True

It does appear that at least some videos that were once 1440 are now max 1080, will look into it more.

@blindhai Yes 1080 is working, appears 1440 may not be. see above.

@Juppstein DASH (MPD;/@0) is expected, the add-on is working on nightlies here. Will need a debug_log (wiki) to maybe show more.

@jonib You'd want Age gate set to off, though that is only for when you're logged out. That video plays correctly here, may be birth date information needs updating, or may be as @Arokhaerr mentioned.

I've updated post #2 with ~alpha8
[add] Time since published for videos as item properties Property(PublishedSince), Property(PublishedLocal) [pannal]
[upd] make history and watch later playlist ids per user
[upd] YouTube UTC datetimes to local timezone [pannal]
[upd] function cache to only use size restriction
[fix] don't use playback history if incognito
[fix] Channel 'mine' caching
Debug Log (wiki) | Troubleshooting (wiki)Add-ons
@anxdpanic

Regarding my issue with inputstream.adaptive not running with my Leia installation for the YT plugin, here is the log file you have requested https://paste.kodi.tv/qowiweduba

Thanks a bunch for looking into it Smile
AMD Ryzen 5 2700 | Asus ROG Strix B350 ITX | Geforce RTX 2060 
Ubuntu 22.04 LTS | Kernel 6.1 | Nvidia blob drivers | Kodi v20
I've updated post #2 with ~alpha9
[upd] generated mpd; log max supported and unsupported streams, use max supported information for dash stream title (ask for quality)
[chg] don't add unsupported streams to generated mpd
[fix] catch potential zero division
[fix] playback history context menu (introduced in ~alpha8)

@winux ~alpha9 might resolve your issue

@Juppstein Doesn't look like debug logging was enabled for the log, so I still can't tell much. debug_log (wiki) The 'reload' parameter is unfamiliar, how are you accessing the add-on?
(2018-06-14, 21:19)anxdpanic Wrote: Min. Bandwidth  30000000
Max. Bandwidth  0
Stream Selection...Auto
Ignore Display Resolution...True

It does appear that at least some videos that were once 1440 are now max 1080, will look into it more.

@blindhai Yes 1080 is working, appears 1440 may not be. see above.
 Then i have a problem. This are the messages which get when i try to start a 1080p Youtube video: https://paste.ubuntu.com/p/d5sg5jDVrn/ All i get is 720p.
(2018-06-15, 20:51)anxdpanic Wrote: @Juppstein Doesn't look like debug logging was enabled for the log, so I still can't tell much. debug_log (wiki) The 'reload' parameter is unfamiliar, how are you accessing the add-on?

Sorry about that, totally forgot to activate debug level logging. Here is a proper log file I hope Smile. https://paste.kodi.tv/efogumaqir

I access the addon normally through a main menu entry within the Grid skin, nothing special was done by me in regards to the skin or the addon.
AMD Ryzen 5 2700 | Asus ROG Strix B350 ITX | Geforce RTX 2060 
Ubuntu 22.04 LTS | Kernel 6.1 | Nvidia blob drivers | Kodi v20
(2018-06-15, 20:51)anxdpanic Wrote: I've updated post #2 with ~alpha9
[upd] generated mpd; log max supported and unsupported streams, use max supported information for dash stream title (ask for quality)
[chg] don't add unsupported streams to generated mpd
[fix] catch potential zero division
[fix] playback history context menu (introduced in ~alpha8)

@winux ~alpha9 might resolve your issue

@Juppstein Doesn't look like debug logging was enabled for the log, so I still can't tell much. debug_log (wiki) The 'reload' parameter is unfamiliar, how are you accessing the add-on?
 hi anxdpanic, sorry i have been busy lately. so i had no time to do a log and so on.

I guess the problem is on my side then, i'm using LibreELEC-Generic.x86_64-9.0-Milhouse-20171004210330-#1004-gf417959 from october 4th 2017.
the inputstream.adaptive version should be a snapshot from that date.
Thing is, any newer version after #1004 2017 does not work on my system. I only get greenscreen when watching videos and the kodi ui has no more fonts and text. here is more info if someone is interested https://trac.kodi.tv/ticket/17661 but that's offtopic and has nothing to do with the yt plugin.
I just tried a version from a couple days ago LibreELEC-Generic.x86_64-9.0-Milhouse-20180613222135-#0613-g40f4047 on my normal/newer computer with yt alpha8 plugin and it works like a charm. Guess the problem is the old inputstream.adaptive version that causes the behaviour.
Is there a quick way to just update inputstream.adaptive addon to the newest version while leaving kodi and le as is?
Thx for your help.

P.S. i will try alpha9 on the system with the old le/kodi/inputstream.adaptive version tonight and check if something changed.

edit:

I just tried the new alpha9 yt plugin and the problem is gone Big Grin thx a lot anxdpanic!!
I no longer have to switch audio tracks, yt videos that previously had 2 audio tracks now only show one and the sound is there as it should be.

Anyone have a problem with the time display in kodi being moved ahead 5 hours when the dash proxy is enabled in the YT plugin? If the dash proxy is not enabled I don't get dash video, if the proxy is enabled the time moves ahead 5 hours when it starts a new video and wont go back to normal until kodi is reset, the time in the OS is always correct. Running kodi 18 nightlies on android shield with yt 6.0.2 with a private API key.
@blindhai There are Banned_addons (wiki) in the log snippet, please provide a full debug_log (wiki) with them removed.

@r0ck0 So far you're the only report. It is a strange symptom, I'm not even sure how those dots might connect. Can you provide a debug_log (wiki)

@Juppstein 
Every thing seems to be alright, seems the stream is somehow unsupported and fails. The change in ~alpha9 removes all unsupported streams, so it might be worth a try updating(the url appears to be for a supported stream though). If that fails, I'd try updating to a recent nightly and inputstream adaptive.

I've updated post #2 with ~alpha10, includes minor fixes for 6.1.0~alpha bugs along with improved caching and load times.
Code:
[add/upd] add data cache and optimize caching
    - add Settings -> Maintenance -> Clear data cache/Delete data cache
    - increase allowed cache size
    - database accesses per 50 videos: before: 70~100 after: 4~6
    - load time of 50 videos w/ no cached videos: before: ~11.6 secs, after: ~3 secs
    - load time of 50 videos w/ all cached videos: before: ~0.8 secs, after: ~0.7 secs
    - cached size per 50 videos: before ~1MB, after ~550KB
[fix] ImportError _strptime |6.1.0 alpha|
[fix] playlist to_item |6.1.0 alpha|
[chg] don't include tests in zip
(2018-06-17, 17:46)anxdpanic Wrote: @r0ck0 So far you're the only report. It is a strange symptom, I'm not even sure how those dots might connect. Can you provide a debug_log (wiki)

Here is the log file, you can see the time change in the log at line 6412.  Thanks for taking a look.

https://paste.kodi.tv/qoporifafu
@r0ck0 Thanks of the log, that is definitely strange. I'll take another better look when time allows. If you have any videos in 'My Channel' does the issue happen with them or with live streams? My Channel and Live videos provide the mpeg-dash url and don't require the proxy. Also does it increase for every video or does the increase only happen once?
  • 47(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
YouTube Plug-in Thread18