• 1(current)
OS X OSX Leia Nightlies seem to have broken 'Adjust Display refresh rate' function.
As per the title, in the Leia Alpha release its working fine, but after trying the last few nightlies the function seems to be broken...the refresh rate doesnt switch at all for me.
Neither 'On start/stop' or 'Always' have any effect.

Using MacOS 10.13.4

https://pastebin.com/vzQx8r8a
You have to white list all video modes you want to be used in settings - system - video ... that’s a new feature which also allows for automated resolution switching - not only refresh rates ...
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
Thanks, I was just gonna post that this issue isn't MacOS specific, as I was getting the same behaviour on OSMC latest nightly as well...
Pretty cool feature now I know about it!
On my Mac, I seem to have some frame rates missing from the [email protected] for example.
Also for 1280x720 I only have 50 and 60 Hz in there, all others are missing.

Are these resolutions coming from the EDID?
What could be the reason for the omissions?
Yep those come from edid - those are all resolutions that macos shows us. Also on Macos there was Never a 23.xx Hz Mode - only 24hz (that’s why some people use „sync to display“ setting on macOS)
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
Ok that makes sense.

So is it now expected behaviour that for 23.xxx content, no frame rate change takes place then?

Previously it would change to 24 Hz if 23.xxx content was detected, is that correct?
I am not sure - I think it should switch to 24hz for 23.xx FPS material if any 24hz mode is whitelisted.

If this is not the case please show a debug log (wiki) with the situation.
https://pastebin.com/VUN9APqN

In my whitelist I've selected, for 1080p, 60Hz,50Hz,30Hz,25Hz,24Hz.
And no switching takes place for 23.xxx content.
It switches fine for 25 fps content, and for 50fps content as well.
This is using the latest nightly.

Its a real shame that no switching can be used for 720p content, due to only 50Hz and 60Hz modes showing in my EDID...i take it nothing can be done about this?
I think I understand why this feature was implemented, i presume it's to save resources upscaling when its not necessary.

Im almost at the point now where my £30 RPi3 is a better option for kodi than my Mac, which just seems odd.
If you can‘t alter edid somehow - nothing can be done about that - the non switching to 24hz for 23.xx content is an issue immo - will ping the dev in charge...
Cheers.
Looking into altering the edid its not as complicated as i thought it would be, it's something I'll look into.
Something odd i've noticed, running Leia on my Pi and on my Mac, both connected to the same TV, if i check the edid info from both platforms, its understandably the same...they both display just 50Hz and 60Hz for 1280x720p.
Obviously i cant whitelist 1280x720@24Hz due to this, but on My Pi when i play 23.xxx or 24 fps content it does switch to 24Hz leaving the resolution as it was (1080p)
This is great and i hope this behaviour is what should happen on MacOS.
(2018-06-16, 17:56)gb160 Wrote: Something odd i've noticed, running Leia on my Pi and on my Mac, both connected to the same TV, if i check the edid info from both platforms, its understandably the same...they both display just 50Hz and 60Hz for 1280x720p.
Obviously i cant whitelist 1280x720@24Hz due to this, but on My Pi when i play 23.xxx or 24 fps content it does switch to 24Hz leaving the resolution as it was (1080p)
 PI uses custom patches and the 3:2 and the other switching was most likely implemented there out of tree. I gave some code to memphiz, let's see if it works for you.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
(2018-06-16, 18:13)fritsch Wrote:
(2018-06-16, 17:56)gb160 Wrote: Something odd i've noticed, running Leia on my Pi and on my Mac, both connected to the same TV, if i check the edid info from both platforms, its understandably the same...they both display just 50Hz and 60Hz for 1280x720p.
 PI uses custom patches and the 3:2 and the other switching was most likely implemented there out of tree. I gave some code to memphiz, let's see if it works for you.  
Interesting...thanks for looking into it, I'll test it when somethings available.
Please try this http://mirrors.kodi.tv/test-builds/osx/x...x86_64.dmg
Yep its working great for me buddy.
Both 720p and 1080p @ 23.xxx Hz local media is switching the display to 24 Hz.

One slight issue, and im not sure its even related to this change, i was going to try some content from the Netflix addon, but im getting an error, i think its related to to the requests module.
Is there a reason for that? I can post a debug log later if that would help.
  • 1(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
OSX Leia Nightlies seem to have broken 'Adjust Display refresh rate' function.0