• 1(current)
Beta TV Melodies (play themes alternative)
Image Image Image
Release for beta testing.
Will work with Kodi 17, 18 and with 18 python 3.

TV Melodies is a simple addon that plays your theme songs as you browse your library. It is universal and will work no matter which skin you are using.

https://github.com/smitchell6879/script.tvmelodies

Please use this forum for feature request and issues.
Shield TV | Windows 10 | Mariadb | Mii Box
Evolve Ecosystem Repo | TV Melodies | Madnox Holiday Mod
Thanks @smitchell6879

This works great!! Tested on v17.6
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
@smitchell6879 

Thanks. Haven't tested it yet but I took a look into your code. Could you please add a property that is filled while a theme playback is in progress? It makes it easier for skinners to hide existing "currently playing" elements in skins.
Main: Lancool II Mesh  - Ryzen 9 5900x - MSI x570 Unify - Zotac RTX 3080 AMP HOLO - 32GB Trident Z Neo 3600 CL16 -  EVO 960 M.2 250GB / EVO 940 250GB / MX100 512GB /  Crucial P1 2TB / WD Blue 3D Nand 2TB 
Sound: Saxx AS30 DSP - Beyer Dynamic Custom One Pro 
TV: Nvidia Shield 2019 Pro- Adalight 114x LEDs - Sony 65XG9505 - Kodi / Emby - Yamaha RX-V683 - Heco Victa 700/101/251a + Dynavoice Magic FX-4
Server: i3 Skylake - 8GB - OMV4 - 22TB Storage
(2018-06-17, 10:54)sualfred Wrote: @smitchell6879 

Thanks. Haven't tested it yet but I took a look into your code. Could you please add a property that is filled while a theme playback is in progress? It makes it easier for skinners to hide existing "currently playing" elements in skins.

@sualfred

No problem, I will add it in over then few days. I will set the property as "TVMelodies.isPlaying" to "True"
Thanks. Once it has been added, I'll add support for it to Embuary.
Main: Lancool II Mesh  - Ryzen 9 5900x - MSI x570 Unify - Zotac RTX 3080 AMP HOLO - 32GB Trident Z Neo 3600 CL16 -  EVO 960 M.2 250GB / EVO 940 250GB / MX100 512GB /  Crucial P1 2TB / WD Blue 3D Nand 2TB 
Sound: Saxx AS30 DSP - Beyer Dynamic Custom One Pro 
TV: Nvidia Shield 2019 Pro- Adalight 114x LEDs - Sony 65XG9505 - Kodi / Emby - Yamaha RX-V683 - Heco Victa 700/101/251a + Dynavoice Magic FX-4
Server: i3 Skylake - 8GB - OMV4 - 22TB Storage
@sualfred

I have added Property "TVMelodies.isPlaying" check for "True" . It should be working I tested with logs.

@Karellen

I fixed the continuous playback when you leave the window. It now will stop playback in less then a second of moving to a new item, but will continue to play in the video info dialog, only if it had started before you pressed info.

@"Everyone Else"

I added a time delay so you can postpone the theme playback up to 10 seconds.
Any other request are welcome.
Thank you for this, I've missed hearing my themes collection!

Not to be greedy, but could you add a "fade in-fade out" feature or setting to this add on?

Thanks again!
Matrix 19.x (LE), Aeon Nox SiLVO, NUC8i5BEK (i5-8259U, Intel Iris Plus Graphics 655, 16 GB ram, 128 GB M.2 SSD)
Samsung F6300 46" LED LCD TV, SMSL Q5 Pro amplifier, Pioneer HPM-100 speakers
Synology DS215j NAS fileserver (WD Gold 10TB x 2)
@whysoserious

I will see what I can do... It may be a couple day it maybe a week or two. I am currently building my house so I do this in my down time to relax.

Does everything else seem to be working as expected, have you tested it.

Are there anymore feature request from anyone? If not after I work this in I will push it to the official report.
Great work!
Have you thought of adding videos to this addon. It would be a needed addition thanks
I have not tested videos but it should play them as long as they are labeled "theme", only thing is the video will be full screen and I am not sure if it will play in the background or full screen. That may be dependent on your settings or skin. I can play around with it but to get good intergration with videos I am thinking it will rely on the skin more so then the add-on.
@smitchell6879 

1. Installed on my LibreElec 9.x machine, seems to work well so far!
2. An option to loop the theme would be welcomed. Optional, cuz I know some folks only want one instance.

Thanks!
Matrix 19.x (LE), Aeon Nox SiLVO, NUC8i5BEK (i5-8259U, Intel Iris Plus Graphics 655, 16 GB ram, 128 GB M.2 SSD)
@whysoserious

I haven't gotten around to working with this anymore, but your requests are reasonable, the fade in and out, i will try but no promises. As for the loop I that should be a simple added option and yes i am one of them folks haha.

Anything else you think of ask and i will see what i can do.
Thank you for considering my requests!
I believe there is a standard that your window property key should be formatted as script.tvmelodies.some_key

scott s.
maintainer of skin  Aeon MQ5 mods for post-Gotham Kodi releases:
Matrix see: Aeon MQ5 Mod Matrix release thread
Nexus see: Aeon MQ5 Mod Nexus release thread
Aeon MQ 5 skin and addon repo 11.1.0
@scott967

I am using the same naming convention as in Special Features that is already in the official repo. The name of the addon "TVMelodies" then a action to check "isPlaying" I don't think you will ever have a issue with another addon using this property and if so then second one in the official repo should change theirs.
  • 1(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
TV Melodies (play themes alternative)2