• 155(current)
WIP Ember Media Manager 1.4.8.0 ALPHA - Discussion Thread
(2018-06-10, 18:42)Boulder Wrote:
(2018-06-10, 18:35)tiwas Wrote: How can I set which language the movie names should be using? I'm in Norway, running the application in English and Win 10 in English - but it keeps translating the movie names for me. Any tip on how to stop this from happening?
I'd like to know that as well. I use a VPN and I'm being suggested movie names in the language whose server I happen to use.

Also, the release date is not the original one because "my location" is detected and used. I thought there was a workaround but I can't find it.
Scraper language can be set by source (this language will be used as default for new movies) or custom by each movie over the context menu. You also can check wich language is actually set over the context menu.

The IMDb scraper is a little bit special and the results depends on your IP adress. For the best result you should use TMDb as primary scraper.

If you still get issues with the result please tell me the movie name, your language, the bad result value and what you want as result. Also tell me the scraper order you have used, so I can try to reproduce the issue.
(2018-06-10, 18:50)DanCooper Wrote:
(2018-06-10, 18:42)Boulder Wrote:
(2018-06-10, 18:35)tiwas Wrote: How can I set which language the movie names should be using? I'm in Norway, running the application in English and Win 10 in English - but it keeps translating the movie names for me. Any tip on how to stop this from happening?
I'd like to know that as well. I use a VPN and I'm being suggested movie names in the language whose server I happen to use.

Also, the release date is not the original one because "my location" is detected and used. I thought there was a workaround but I can't find it. 
Scraper language can be set by source (this language will be used as default for new movies) or custom by each movie over the context menu. You also can check wich language is actually set over the context menu.

The IMDb scraper is a little bit special and the results depends on your IP adress. For the best result you should use TMDb as primary scraper.

If you still get issues with the result please tell me the movie name, your language, the bad result value and what you want as result. Also tell me the scraper order you have used, so I can try to reproduce the issue. 
 All my sources have "en-US" as the default language but still it sometimes gets those incorrect titles. It doesn't do that nearly every time though..

OK, I'll try unchecking Release date and Year from the IMDB data, that should fix things. IMDB should have more information about the movies so I prefer having it as the primary scraper. One request though, I think I also opened a ticket for this: would it be possible to remove the country name from the certification/MPAA field? Now it says for example "Finland:K-12" which means it won't fit in the field in the skin interface.
(2018-06-10, 19:01)Boulder Wrote: One request though, I think I also opened a ticket for this: would it be possible to remove the country name from the certification/MPAA field? Now it says for example "Finland:K-12" which means it won't fit in the field in the skin interface.
Should be implemented in next release.
If I manually add fanart to my movie folders, what is the best way to get EMM to recognize the fanart? Updating the library doesn't seem to do it. What works to to select all my movies and select Refresh/F5, but it can take a while so I'm not sure if this is the most efficient way.
(2018-06-10, 23:53)badbob001 Wrote: If I manually add fanart to my movie folders, what is the best way to get EMM to recognize the fanart? Updating the library doesn't seem to do it. What works to to select all my movies and select Refresh/F5, but it can take a while so I'm not sure if this is the most efficient way.

F5.
Tools => Reload all movies do the same on all movies. You also can drag and drop an image into the image area in the edit dialog. Works also directly from a web browser.

Update library only recognize new video files.
Is it possible to rescrape the plots of all episodes of all TV shows in one go? Rescraping the single data field 'Plot' seems to only rescrape the main plot of the show.
(2018-06-12, 18:50)Boulder Wrote: Is it possible to rescrape the plots of all episodes of all TV shows in one go? Rescraping the single data field 'Plot' seems to only rescrape the main plot of the show.
Yes, with the "Custom Scraper":

You have to do it on episode level
(2018-06-12, 21:41)DanCooper Wrote:
(2018-06-12, 18:50)Boulder Wrote: Is it possible to rescrape the plots of all episodes of all TV shows in one go? Rescraping the single data field 'Plot' seems to only rescrape the main plot of the show.
That doesn't seem to work. I've set everything like it is in the screenshot but the episode plot is not updated. Only the main plot of the whole series was updated.
(2018-06-15, 17:24)Boulder Wrote:
(2018-06-12, 21:41)DanCooper Wrote:
That doesn't seem to work. I've set everything like it is in the screenshot but the episode plot is not updated. Only the main plot of the whole series was updated. 
 I check that later today.
I found a couple bugs in 1.4.8.0 Alpha 23.3 x64

1. Die Another Day (2002) shows up as Another Day, Die (2002).
No NFO, nothing but the file.

2. Movies with Part in the name have unique behaviors.
   a. Batman- The Dark Knight Returns, Part 2 (2013) - In the list properly as Batman: The Dark Knight Returns, Part 2 (2013). Has an NFO file, but when I save/reload/anything, it creates a new NFO file named Batman- The Dark Knight Returns, (2013).nfo. (no part...). It also doesn't detect local artwork as existing, despite being named Batman- The Dark Knight Returns, Part 2 (2013)-fanart.jpg.  (same thing as part 1)
   b. Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 1 (2010) does the same thing, except there is no NFO file. no artwork detection, etc. Displays in the app as Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows (2010)
   c. Hunger Games Mockingjay - Part 1, The (2014) - does the same thing as HP
   d. Twilight Saga Breaking Dawn - Part 1, The (2011) - does same thing as HP.
(2018-06-16, 01:33)sufreak Wrote: 1. Die Another Day (2002) shows up as Another Day, Die (2002).
No NFO, nothing but the file.

"Die" is a german article like "the". Remove it from the list under Settings => Movies => General => Sort tokens.

(2018-06-16, 01:33)sufreak Wrote: 2. Movies with Part in the name have unique behaviors.
   a. Batman- The Dark Knight Returns, Part 2 (2013) - In the list properly as Batman: The Dark Knight Returns, Part 2 (2013). Has an NFO file, but when I save/reload/anything, it creates a new NFO file named Batman- The Dark Knight Returns, (2013).nfo. (no part...). It also doesn't detect local artwork as existing, despite being named Batman- The Dark Knight Returns, Part 2 (2013)-fanart.jpg.  (same thing as part 1)
   b. Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 1 (2010) does the same thing, except there is no NFO file. no artwork detection, etc. Displays in the app as Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows (2010)
   c. Hunger Games Mockingjay - Part 1, The (2014) - does the same thing as HP
   d. Twilight Saga Breaking Dawn - Part 1, The (2011) - does same thing as HP.
Known bug that should be finaly fixed in next release. But you can already fix it with another setting in AdvancedSettings.xml: Link
I'm using the IMDB-scraper, but I can't get the plot outline to scrape.
I've checked 'plot outline' in the enabled scraper, but it doesn't seem to work.

Am I doing something wrong?
(2018-06-17, 21:37)remyspam Wrote: I'm using the IMDB-scraper, but I can't get the plot outline to scrape.
I've checked 'plot outline' in the enabled scraper, but it doesn't seem to work.

Am I doing something wrong?
Which movie?
All movies (a few hundred).
Everything else scrapes fine, just not the plot outline.
  • 155(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Ember Media Manager 1.4.8.0 ALPHA - Discussion Thread2