• 22(current)
Android MINIX NEO U9-H (64-bit Octa Core Amlogic S912-H/ 4K UHD HEVC, HDR, Dolby Audio)
@wrxtasy I installed your build on my new U9 and it works great. What is the process for updating LE & KODI?

Thanks!
What I meant about updating is when there IS an updated build, what is the process for doing the updates? Do I need to flash the new build to box or is there any update feature? Since I'm using @wrxtasy custom build, just not sure about steps.
(2018-06-19, 02:04)misterwiggles Wrote: what is the process for doing the updates?
https://forum.libreelec.tv/thread/5556-h...12-device/ read the updating bit half way down. Basically just copy the update.tar/dtb into the update folder and away you go
@komplex thank you!
I'm planning on purchasing a Minix U9 and want to use it with Plex on my Synology NAS. I will connect the HDMI directly to the TV and then the optical cable directly to my Yamaha Receiver for sound as it's not HDR compatible through HDMI.

Will I be able to play 5.1 sound over optical?

I have a few 4K movies and will have more in future so is this going to be possible with Kodi and the Plex add on?

Is 4K playback possible over gigabit Wi-fi? 

Do I need LibreELEC?

I'm not really one for spending hours and hours messing about with custom firmware and unreliable updates etc so any tips would be welcome.
(2018-06-19, 11:36)jonbennison Wrote: I'm planning on purchasing a Minix U9 and want to use it with Plex on my Synology NAS. I will connect the HDMI directly to the TV and then the optical cable directly to my Yamaha Receiver for sound as it's not HDR compatible through HDMI.

Will I be able to play 5.1 sound over optical?

I have a few 4K movies and will have more in future so is this going to be possible with Kodi and the Plex add on?

Is 4K playback possible over gigabit Wi-fi? 

Do I need LibreELEC?

I'm not really one for spending hours and hours messing about with custom firmware and unreliable updates etc so any tips would be welcome.
 I have the U9 and am running @wrxtasy latest build successfully. It plays 4k movies with HDR and Atmos surround audio just fine. So your setup should also work with no issue. I also run a Plex Media Server and decided that I would install Plex for Kodi to try it out. I have now defaulted to having PfK auto-launch when I start up the U9. It's the best of both worlds in that you have Plex for managing your media and the Kodi client decoding the files being handed off by PfK. Gigabit WIFI is a bit of a contradiction in terms since I think the U9 supports AC only. I have mine hardwired with Gigabit ethernet and 4K streams just fine. But you should try with your WIFI signal to see what throughput you get. LibreELEC is part of the Kodi build available in this thread so that comes along for the ride. But overall this is the best setup I've had for high quality video and audio playback.
Make sure you follow the simple install instructions link that @wrxtasy provides in his build post in this forum. It's really as simple as flashing the build image to the mSD card that comes with the U9. Then booting from that card per the instructions. Once you are in to Kodi you can do a basic settings adjustment to configure for your audio setup. There isn't much tweaking or hours of messing around required for a basic setup where you just want to play videos. Good luck. Lot's of people helped me here in this forum but I would encourage you to just read this forum from the beginning as that is what I did and it gave me 98% of what I needed to set it up without having to ask any questions.
This is all I set in LibreELEC Kodi Audio Settings:

- Channels 5.1 or 7.1
- Best Match
- And I can leave all passthrough audio options on.
5.1 / 7.1 AAC audio get's decoded to 5.1 / 7.1 PCM as confirmed by my Yamaha AVR and all Passthrough audio works. Smile

Thanks for the information. I will give it a go when I buy the Minix. What is Pfk?
Do you have a link for that thread as I can't seem to find it. Thanks.
@wrxtasy 

I am having some problems getting Wake on Lan to work on my U9, is it working for you? I have entered the MAC adress but still doesnt work.
I see that the U9 shows a green lamp, is it in sleep?

I am using the offical Kodi remote app using IOS.
(2018-06-20, 10:59)jonbennison Wrote: Thanks for the information. I will give it a go when I buy the Minix. What is Pfk?
 Plex for Kodi
(2018-05-21, 23:50)HyceL Wrote: I use a minix u9h for my 4k and dolby atmos playback. Wrxtasy has a nice build of libreelec that works great on that box. It uses kodi 17.6.  You can find it on libreelec forums.

Kodi 17 will play your media file in UHD bdmv foler, you will just have to navigate to the main movie file. If you want to play an UHD iso file you will need kodi 18. My media files play from a network location. I have a server with my media files and use smb to access them.
I've tried libreelec build with kodi 18 but it wasn't as good as wrxtasy's build. His swtiches from 4k to 1080p depending on the files you play. Hopefully he'll make one with kodi 18 at some point.
 I hope so too and I am shure many many others too! Smile
(2018-04-15, 13:03)maxHDR Wrote: Hi!

I am running "LibreELEC-S912.arm-8.2.4-Subtitles-ff.img.gz" on my U9 Box. I have few questions/issues:

1) I am still puzzled about 4K HDR and the "4:4:4 10-bit Community option". I have an LG OLED for which I found in a review "4:4:4 color is only shown properly when the input's icon is set to 'PC' (aka PC mode).". Therefore, I am not sure if it is a good idea to send 4:4:4 to the TV to the standard Inputs. My media files are anyway only coded in 4k 4:2:0 10-bit. So its still required/recommended to turn on the "4:4:4 10-bit Community option"?

2) I am mounting cifs shares on the OS level of LibreElec, not using Kodi's smb shares to increase the network performance. However, I just get only reading speeds from my server between 10-15 MByte/s. The MINIX U9 is connected via an Ethernet cable not WiFi. If I plug the same LAN cable into my NUC running also LibreElec using the same OS level mounts, I get reading speeds from my server between 45-50 MByte/s. Therefore, I do not think the low speed using the U9 is a result of my connection or my server but really a problem of the U9 itself. Does anyone has an idea how to improve the network performance of my U9 - different LibreElec image, USB-to-Ethernet adapter, ...? NFS mounts are unfortunately not possible with my server.

3) I guess "LibreELEC-S912.arm-8.2.4-Subtitles-ff.img.gz" does not do auto updates on new releases. Can someone please point my to a place where to find always the latest stable image for the U9.
Care to share how? Thanks. If its through the Libreelec config addon its not cifs.
(2018-06-26, 17:33)Noobidoobi Wrote:
(2018-04-15, 13:03)maxHDR Wrote: Hi!

I am running "LibreELEC-S912.arm-8.2.4-Subtitles-ff.img.gz" on my U9 Box. I have few questions/issues:

1) I am still puzzled about 4K HDR and the "4:4:4 10-bit Community option". I have an LG OLED for which I found in a review "4:4:4 color is only shown properly when the input's icon is set to 'PC' (aka PC mode).". Therefore, I am not sure if it is a good idea to send 4:4:4 to the TV to the standard Inputs. My media files are anyway only coded in 4k 4:2:0 10-bit. So its still required/recommended to turn on the "4:4:4 10-bit Community option"?

2) I am mounting cifs shares on the OS level of LibreElec, not using Kodi's smb shares to increase the network performance. However, I just get only reading speeds from my server between 10-15 MByte/s. The MINIX U9 is connected via an Ethernet cable not WiFi. If I plug the same LAN cable into my NUC running also LibreElec using the same OS level mounts, I get reading speeds from my server between 45-50 MByte/s. Therefore, I do not think the low speed using the U9 is a result of my connection or my server but really a problem of the U9 itself. Does anyone has an idea how to improve the network performance of my U9 - different LibreElec image, USB-to-Ethernet adapter, ...? NFS mounts are unfortunately not possible with my server.

3) I guess "LibreELEC-S912.arm-8.2.4-Subtitles-ff.img.gz" does not do auto updates on new releases. Can someone please point my to a place where to find always the latest stable image for the U9.
Care to share how? Thanks. If its through the Libreelec config addon its not cifs. 
 basically via an .sh script using

mount -t cifs -o username=<USER>,password=<PASSWORD>,rw,vers=2.1 <NAS PATH> <LOCAL PATH>
  • 22(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
MINIX NEO U9-H (64-bit Octa Core Amlogic S912-H/ 4K UHD HEVC, HDR, Dolby Audio)6