XBOX Kodi broken on xbox...
Since the last update kodi just crashes and closes down after about 5 mins, myself and several friends are having this issue

if this has been answered i apologise but i couldn't find a thread relating to this issue...
Log beats guessing
Thumbs Down 
I was pretty exited to see that there was another update for Kodi, on my XBox One S last weekend, and also for the fact, i could now finally use Kodi on Xbox One, without an internet connection. I use Kodi on Xbox One as a privacy friendly media player, for offline content, on my external hardrive, like music video's, and my personal family and friends, home video's. Like i did on my original Xbox for 14 years.

But man, what a HUGE dissapointment this last update was. Ik know it's Pre Alpha, i know it's in a very early state, but every version getting worse instead of better, really raises some questions.

I hopefully launched the updated version, but then:

- No more sound
- Every video i try to load, stops after a few seconds. Playing forward works, then plays a few seconds, then stops again.
- When trying to run a video in a folder with 1000+ video's, launching a video STILL takes about a minute to load. (If there are only a couple of video's in a folder, launching a video file goes much faster, but still also rather slow, when comparing it to XBMC, on the original Xbox.)

I was so dissapointed, i didn't even try to look if Kodi now works for watching offline content from a hardrive without an internet connection. In it's current state, it is completely useless for me. I just shut down my Xbox One, and started doing something else, man, what an extreme let down this was.
You want your money back?
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
(2018-06-19, 22:14)Xboxer80 Wrote: I just shut down my Xbox One, and started doing something else
As you stated, Kodi is still in the Alpha stages. Stuff breaks. But problems don't solve themselves by looking away.

There is no crystal ball here, so either submit at least a debug log (wiki) and help figuring out the problems, or simply wait until the stable release. Whenever that will be.
Hey guys.. Just thought I would join in on this.. I can also confirm that the update messed up the search function in addons and builds. Today I checked my Xbox and the app had been updated again so I uninstalled and re installed from the store just to make sure it wasn't my eyes..great news the search function is fixed it won't crash.. But now it just won't search for anything. Just hangs on the screen. Its really frustrating for personal build makers but then again. Can't complain. I have used it since day one and this is the only real issue I have had to be honest. So great work for that. And also I read "pull the log" or "post you log here" am I just being stupid here.. But how the hell can you pull a log from the Xbox and upload it?. Anyways thanks for the time on reading this and great work with Leia guys..
Learn to enjoy every minute of your life. Be happy now. Don't wait for something outside of yourself to make you happy in the future. Think how really precious is the time you have to spend, whether it's at work or with your family. Every minute should be enjoyed and savored.
Sad 
Same here nothing works if you search you crash if you try to watch you crash .... anyway we can get this fixxed ....
Whatever you do don’t post a log or it might get fixed!
And before people get too carried away about support for "builds", depending on how you define that word a read of the forum rules (wiki) about what we do and do not support might be in order.
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
(2018-06-20, 16:34)PHiLiPZ Wrote: Whatever you do don’t post a log or it might get fixed!

Ummm xbox .... How do we post a log cant really copy and paste thanks for being rude tho..
don't whatever you do read the FAQ in this forum, that wouldn't help at all :\  https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=326231
(2018-06-20, 16:35)DarrenHill Wrote: And before people get too carried away about support for "builds", depending on how you define that word a read of the forum rules (wiki) about what we do and do not support might be in order.

We know about the support for addons and builds what not, what I was pointing across is the fact that if you make a Kodi build from all addons from the official repo then the problem still persists, search did crash the Xbox version but not the PC version. Even with the latest leia dev build it don't crash on search.. Just on the xbox. Now the search function doesn't crash just hangs on the screen. So in this case help is acceptable as an official Kodi build. Smile
Learn to enjoy every minute of your life. Be happy now. Don't wait for something outside of yourself to make you happy in the future. Think how really precious is the time you have to spend, whether it's at work or with your family. Every minute should be enjoyed and savored.
Hence why I worded my reminder as I did... Wink
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
i wasn't complaining, was just reporting a problem...
@Mavrikk84

Those comments were not aimed at you. They were aimed at the whinging post directly above it. Not a great way for you to make an entry to this forum by insulting the release manager of Kodi.

Probably best to edit your comments, or you will find yourself caught up in the Warning process as soon as Martijn comes back online.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi broken on xbox...2