• 248(current)
v18 LibreELEC Testbuilds for x86_64 (Kodi 18.0)
New LibreELEC.tv Leia build #0619: Generic
(Supercedes previous build)

SHA256 Checksum: 67592e454da01589456720074832da279965f7f1d3b5a37adb90d6b2e4c47475 (Generic)

text:
# uname -a
Linux NUC 4.17.2 #1 SMP Tue Jun 19 22:09:25 BST 2018 x86_64 GNU/Linux

# lsb_release
LibreELEC (Milhouse): devel-20180619220806-#0619-g112ce44 [Build #0619]

# Kodi version
(18.0-ALPHA2 Git:37f55e6). Platform: Linux x86 64-bit

Based on tip of LibreELEC.tv master (112ce44, changelog) and tip of XBMC master (b482648, changelog) with the following modifications: Build Highlights:
  1. VideoPlayer: vtb - move to new hwaccel api
Build Details:
  1. LibreELEC.tv:
    • tvmosaic: oops, tvm_delay is lower case (PR:2784, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
  2. XBMC:
    • VideoPlayer: vtb - move to new hwaccel api (PR:14078, 2 commits, 2 files changed)
    • Util::GetMatchingSource: Unset protocol options for matching (PR:14016, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
    • [depends] use MAKE variable instead of make command (PR:14080, 1 commit, 3 files changed)
  3. Additional commits/pull requests/changes not yet merged upstream:
    • Updated: [env] PR:2772 (perma): linux (RPi): update to linux-4.14.50
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
@pyrodex / @skydancer / @mglae

I've attempted another rebase of libbluray 1.0.2 and the downstream patch we carry (improved MVC support). Please give it a try.

Build #0619c: Generic

(2018-06-19, 00:59)pyrodex Wrote: @Milhouse I can say in these builds since I’ve run mostly RPI versions of your code until recently when I built a new system.

If you can test an RPi2 build with libbluray 1.0.2 that would be appreciated - obviously I'm not expecting UHD to work but regular 3D and 2D BD ISOs should work (they seem to be working for me).

Build #0619c: RPi2
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
(2018-06-20, 04:52)Milhouse Wrote: @pyrodex / @skydancer / @mglae

I've attempted another rebase of libbluray 1.0.2 and the downstream patch we carry (improved MVC support). Please give it a try.

(2018-06-19, 00:59)pyrodex Wrote: @Milhouse I can say in these builds since I’ve run mostly RPI versions of your code until recently when I built a new system.

If you can test an RPi2 build with libbluray 1.0.2 that would be appreciated - obviously I'm not expecting UHD to work but regular 3D and 2D BD ISOs should work (they seem to be working for me).

Thank you for your efforts. ISO UHD working for me.
(2018-06-19, 18:35)billbillw Wrote:  Have you tried disabling the passthrough option and letting Kodi convert it? I think that going all the way down to optical audio is an extreme measure.

If you turn off passthrough, Kodi will convert the high resolution DTSHD/TrueHD down to PCM multichannel with little or no discernible difference. You may loose some bass management features, but the audio quality should be largely the same. At the very least, it will be superior to the lossy Dolby Digital/DTS. 
 Thank you, I plan to fiddle with it more and will try your suggestion as well. I'm still worried that the issues I have with HD audio+4kHDR video content on my config might be caused not by NUC or KODI/LibreElec but either my aged Onkyo TX-SR608 AV Reciver or TV set Panasonic TX-48AS640E. None of them supports HDMI 2.0 so I'm starting to have a feeling that probably the reciever or TV has issues when processing such high data transfer. And this may cause the video not being smooth but jerky. But on the other hand, the demo video sample "4k-jellyfish-120-mbps-hevc-10bit.mkv" with TrueHD audio plays smooth as silk on a shoeshine.
(2018-06-20, 12:07)riccardo Wrote:
(2018-06-19, 18:35)billbillw Wrote:  Have you tried disabling the passthrough option and letting Kodi convert it? I think that going all the way down to optical audio is an extreme measure.

If you turn off passthrough, Kodi will convert the high resolution DTSHD/TrueHD down to PCM multichannel with little or no discernible difference. You may loose some bass management features, but the audio quality should be largely the same. At the very least, it will be superior to the lossy Dolby Digital/DTS. 
 Thank you, I plan to fiddle with it more and will try your suggestion as well. I'm still worried that the issues I have with HD audio+4kHDR video content on my config might be caused not by NUC or KODI/LibreElec but either my aged Onkyo TX-SR608 AV Reciver or TV set Panasonic TX-48AS640E. None of them supports HDMI 2.0 so I'm starting to have a feeling that probably the reciever or TV has issues when processing such high data transfer. And this may cause the video not being smooth but jerky. But on the other hand, the demo video sample "4k-jellyfish-120-mbps-hevc-10bit.mkv" with TrueHD audio plays smooth as silk on a shoeshine. 
Yeah, I'm not sure why you are even toying with 4kHDR if you don't have a single piece of equipment that can handle it. If you are playing on your TV (1080p), then it is just downscaling everything and you are wasting a huge amount of storage/bandwidth/processing power.
(2018-06-19, 03:30)billbillw Wrote: OK, I thought I'd try again now that these builds are using newer kernels. I just tried the 0618 version uploaded a couple hours ago. I am still having the same issue with my NUC7i3BNH not being able to pass DTS-HD Master or TrueHD. It doesn't matter if I have it at 60p or 24p.
To refresh NUC7i3BNH (Kaby Lake) >HDMI cable >Yamaha A3010 receiver > Epson Projector. 

This receiver projector combo has worked fine for me to stream DTS HD Ma/TrueHD for many years using previous Kodi builds (Chromebox, PC, Dell/Wyse Thin Clients, etc). 

I updated the NUC HDMI firmware to 1.66 some time ago and this NUC box works fine with Windows 10 and official Windows 32 bit Kodi. It passes HD audio and does so with refresh rate switching down to 24p. 

I finally figured out how to enable logging. I played back a 1080p movie rip with both DTS-HD Master (5.1) and DTS 5.1. I switched from DTSHDMA to regular DTS after a short period with no audio playback (receiver shows Analog). This was set at fixed 60p for this log. When I switched to bitstreaming regular DTS, it started playing the audio immediately. I switched back to DTS HD Master and the audio dropped again immediately.

Here is the latest Log. 
http://ix.io/1dQ7
Any ideas? 
@fritsch
@Milhouse
(2018-06-20, 12:58)billbillw Wrote: Yeah, I'm not sure why you are even toying with 4kHDR if you don't have a single piece of equipment that can handle it. If you are playing on your TV (1080p), then it is just downscaling everything and you are wasting a huge amount of storage/bandwidth/processing power. 
 Well there are two reasons:
1. I don't want to download new releases later again when my config is capable to use it fully so I get then now in modern formats. And btw lots of releases in 1080p h264 have very similar size as 4kHDR h265.
2. Beliveve or not, 4kHDR releases downsampled to 1080p viewed in higher color range on a VA display look much better than the same content from non-4kHDR source.
OK, let's end this discussion and leave the space for the devs and testers. I just couldn't find a source of information about what's going on around NUC's issues on KODI.
(2018-06-20, 04:52)Milhouse Wrote: @pyrodex / @skydancer / @mglae

@Milhouse 

For Generic it worked playing a UHD directory just fine.

However, I did notice a "qurik" and not sure if this is LibreELEC related or Kodi v18. When I played a UHD folder with a resume point it didn't play it and just went back to the Kodi screen and actually reset the resume point on the media. I can play it fine from the beginning but resumes don't work on UHD folders (works fine or normal mkv media files). Here is a debug log to see where I can raise the issue.

DEBUG LOG: http://ix.io/1e3f

I will give a proper test later tonight on my RPIs with the patch to ensure no issues but of course can't play UHD on an RPI.
HTPC(s): All running LibreELEC
  • AMD 2200G APU on Gigabyte AB350N-Gaming WIFI-CF
  • RPI3 x2 | RPI2 x2
NAS: FreeNAS (Latest Stable) | NFS/CIFS
@Milhouse 
@pyrodex 
Resume UHD BD seems to be a libreeelc issue. works fine on kodi windows test builds
(2018-06-20, 16:10)skydancer Wrote: @Milhouse 
@pyrodex 
Resume UHD BD seems to be a libreeelc issue. works fine on kodi windows test builds

Or it's a Linux issue.
@Milhouse is CEC working out of the box on nuc7i5bnh with libreelec?
I’m just asking cause i need my pulse8 adapter to get cec to work.

Without adapter cec setting are greyed out.
(2018-06-20, 16:10)skydancer Wrote: @Milhouse 
@pyrodex 

Resume seems to be working on non-UHD ISOs and folders, so maybe this issue is specific to UHD content - can you confirm resume is working with non-UHD ISOs/folders?

Can you test this build #0619d: Generic

It has libbluray 1.0.2, but without the 3D MVC patch.
(2018-06-20, 17:36)Pienoet Wrote: @Milhouse is CEC working out of the box on nuc7i5bnh with libreelec?

That's because the onboard Intel CEC controller is next to useless.

https://www.intel.com.au/content/www/au/...-kits.html
Quote:The onboard HDMI CEC controller only supports bidirectional power on/off control:

If you want full CEC, you'll need the Pulse-Eight adapter.
(2018-06-20, 17:44)Milhouse Wrote:
(2018-06-20, 17:36)Pienoet Wrote: @Milhouse is CEC working out of the box on nuc7i5bnh with libreelec?

That's because the onboard Intel CEC controller is next to useless.

https://www.intel.com.au/content/www/au/...-kits.html
Quote:The onboard HDMI CEC controller only supports bidirectional power on/off control:

If you want full CEC, you'll need the Pulse-Eight adapter.

Great thank you for clarify🤗
** Please ignore - wrong thread **
  • 248(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
LibreELEC Testbuilds for x86_64 (Kodi 18.0)24