• 256(current)
v18 LibreELEC Testbuilds for x86_64 (Kodi 18.0)
Hmm, has anyone noticed problem simple iptv with leia? Keeps disconnecting. Yes log file i know and i upload when i have time check that. Just wondering because worked with kodi v17
(2018-06-29, 22:27)Milhouse Wrote: Build Highlights:
  1. V3 GLK HDMI quirk fix

I glanced quickly at the github commit and would I be correct in thinking that this will help the "stutter" during video playback on the Gemini Lake NUC's?
(2018-06-29, 06:15)Milhouse Wrote:
(2018-06-29, 00:33)phunkyfish Wrote: @Milhouse any guidance on what might be happening here?

Even if I load live from USB the UI is like this:

No sorry, not a clue. It looks totally fscked. Have you tried a different cable? And/or a different HDMI port (on both TV and PC)? Are you using any sort of "Game" mode?

Maybe it's a bug in the 4.17.x kernel.

Try 4.18-rc1 (#0627x) and see if that is any better.

Are you able to confirm if 4.14.y (#0615) looks correct (at least as far as the installer, assuming you can't get a GUI).

Posting your system (kodi debug log (wiki) and dmesg) might be useful as you haven't mentioned what CPU/GPU you are using. 

It’s working! Ran a bios update on the off chance it would help and voila!

One thing I noticed is that the video is far from smooth. Dropped frames and laggy audio. I'll upload a playback log tomorrow.

CPU is Intel Pentium N5000 CPU @ 1.10 GHz
Maintainer of Enigma2 PVR addon: repo, docschangelog
How to create a full debug: here
(2018-06-29, 23:39)Aenima99x Wrote: I glanced quickly at the github commit and would I be correct in thinking that this will help the "stutter" during video playback on the Gemini Lake NUC's?

No, this is the bug: https://bugs.freedesktop.org/show_bug.cgi?id=105887 - complete loss of signal.

You may want to post more details about the "stutter" issue, including a debug log.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
(2018-06-30, 01:16)phunkyfish Wrote: It’s working! Ran a bios update on the off chance it would help and voila!

Great.

(2018-06-30, 01:16)phunkyfish Wrote: One thing I noticed is that the video is far from smooth. Dropped frames and laggy audio. I'll upload a playback log tomorrow.

That's not the most powerful CPU in the world... you may have to disable all deinterlacing.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
(2018-06-30, 01:52)Milhouse Wrote:
(2018-06-30, 01:16)phunkyfish Wrote: It’s working! Ran a bios update on the off chance it would help and voila!

Great.

(2018-06-30, 01:16)phunkyfish Wrote: One thing I noticed is that the video is far from smooth. Dropped frames and laggy audio. I'll upload a playback log tomorrow.

That's not the most powerful CPU in the world... you may have to disable all deinterlacing.

It should boost up to 2.7Ghz, I thought it would be overkill with a quad core Gemini lake.

It only effects Xvid, all other formats play just fine.

Edit: correction, it effects most video files. My old shuttle with an atom processor does much better. I think I thought I was getting a J5005 chip, guess I’ll be returning these.
(2018-06-30, 02:29)phunkyfish Wrote:
(2018-06-30, 01:52)Milhouse Wrote:

Great.

It should boost up to 2.7Ghz, I thought it would be overkill with a quad core Gemini lake.

It only effects Xvid, all other formats play just fine.

Edit: correction, it effects most video files. My old shuttle with an atom processor does much better. I think I thought I was getting a J5005 chip, guess I’ll be returning these.  
 @Milhouse should I be getting a J5005 unit or would a J4005 be sufficient?
I'm getting video "stuttering," too. It's more of a slowness when there's motion. I have an Intel NUC DN2820. It started happening when the MESA and Intel drivers were updated sometime in March. I stopped updating nightlies since then and kept #0228 but as of recently some addons didn't work unless I updated to the latest nightly.

Oddly enough, if I bring up the codec information screen ? [don't know if this is what its actually called] (pressing the "O" on the keyboard) the stuttering/slowness stops and the video runs smooth. It may be any UI overlay on the video that cures it.

I can't provide a debug log but some insight would be nice.
(2018-06-30, 06:41)lwrcase Wrote: I'm getting video "stuttering," too. It's more of a slowness when there's motion. I have an Intel NUC DN2820. It started happening when the MESA and Intel drivers were updated sometime in March. I stopped updating nightlies since then and kept #0228 but as of recently some addons didn't work unless I updated to the latest nightly.

Oddly enough, if I bring up the codec information screen ? [don't know if this is what its actually called] (pressing the "O" on the keyboard) the stuttering/slowness stops and the video runs smooth. It may be any UI overlay on the video that cures it.

the stuttering/slowness also goes away when there are subtitles actively being displayed on the screen. if there is no dialogue (no subtitle) and just movement or music, the stuttering persists.

it seems like UI elements being displayed indeed cures the stuttering/slowness issue. can anyone else confirm?
(2018-06-30, 08:53)lwrcase Wrote:
(2018-06-30, 06:41)lwrcase Wrote: I'm getting video "stuttering," too. It's more of a slowness when there's motion. I have an Intel NUC DN2820. It started happening when the MESA and Intel drivers were updated sometime in March. I stopped updating nightlies since then and kept #0228 but as of recently some addons didn't work unless I updated to the latest nightly.

the stuttering/slowness also goes away when there are subtitles actively being displayed on the screen. if there is no dialogue (no subtitle) and just movement or music, the stuttering persists.

it seems like UI elements being displayed indeed cures the stuttering/slowness issue. can anyone else confirm?  
This is exactly the same thing I experience on my NUC7CJYH. Turning on any sort of info overlay on the screen stops the "stutter". It doesn't happen all the time, but I'm going to try and grab a debug log today when it does.
Looks like there was someone else with the same issue that solved it with some config changes to DRI/Mesa - https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=299115&page=7
(2018-06-30, 16:45)Aenima99x Wrote:
(2018-06-30, 08:53)lwrcase Wrote:

This is exactly the same thing I experience on my NUC7CJYH. Turning on any sort of info overlay on the screen stops the "stutter". It doesn't happen all the time, but I'm going to try and grab a debug log today when it does.
Looks like there was someone else with the same issue that solved it with some config changes to DRI/Mesa - https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=299115&page=7  
it looks like /etc/drirc is read-only on libreelec and i wasn't able to add the lines to the configuration. anyone know how to try this fix on /etc/drirc?
(2018-06-30, 18:19)lwrcase Wrote:
(2018-06-30, 16:45)Aenima99x Wrote:
(2018-06-30, 08:53)lwrcase Wrote: the stuttering/slowness also goes away when there are subtitles actively being displayed on the screen. if there is no dialogue (no subtitle) and just movement or music, the stuttering persists.

it looks like /etc/drirc is read-only on libreelec and i wasn't able to add the lines to the configuration. anyone know how to try this fix on /etc/drirc?  
Have you tried setting the i915_min_freq value to 750 as Fritsch mentioned in this post: https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid...pid2722375 ?
Quote:Can you try before starting the movie, from a shell: 
echo 750 > /sys/kernel/debug/dri/0/i915_min_freq
Prior to increasing that i915_min_freq on my Apollo lake nucs, the fps would hover around ~56fps (as seen on the debug overlay) when I was using 60Hz fixed refresh rate.  This would result in skipped frames and stuttering when I was *not* using "Adjust display refresh rate" to On (when I was using automatic refresh rate matching of source material, things looked fine).  After increasing i915_min_freq to 750, the fps would stick solidly at 60fps and my 23.98 fps content would play smoothly on my LG oled TVs when not using automatic refresh rate matching (which I prefer to not use when I'm just flicking through videos).

Also when I increased the fixed refresh rate to 120Hz (which the LG 2017 oleds are capable of), the debug gui stays locked at 120fps and 23.98fps content also appears stutter free.
(2018-06-30, 19:03)jwegman Wrote:
(2018-06-30, 18:19)lwrcase Wrote:
(2018-06-30, 16:45)Aenima99x Wrote: This is exactly the same thing I experience on my NUC7CJYH. Turning on any sort of info overlay on the screen stops the "stutter". It doesn't happen all the time, but I'm going to try and grab a debug log today when it does.
Have you tried setting the i915_min_freq value to 750 as Fritsch mentioned in this post: https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid...pid2722375 ?
Prior to increasing that i915_min_freq on my Apollo lake nucs, the fps would hover around ~56fps (as seen on the debug overlay) when I was using 60Hz fixed refresh rate.  This would result in skipped frames and stuttering when I was *not* using "Adjust display refresh rate" to On (when I was using automatic refresh rate matching of source material, things looked fine).  After increasing i915_min_freq to 750, the fps would stick solidly at 60fps and my 23.98 fps content would play smoothly on my LG oled TVs when not using automatic refresh rate matching (which I prefer to not use when I'm just flicking through videos).

Also when I increased the fixed refresh rate to 120Hz (which the LG 2017 oleds are capable of), the debug gui stays locked at 120fps and 23.98fps content also appears stutter free. 
 echoing 750 into i915_min_freq gives me a permission denied error.

i have also tried setting "Adjust display refresh rate" to "Always" without any improvement. Also "Sync playback to display" to "On" without any improvement.
(2018-06-30, 19:31)lwrcase Wrote:
(2018-06-30, 19:03)jwegman Wrote:
(2018-06-30, 18:19)lwrcase Wrote: it looks like /etc/drirc is read-only on libreelec and i wasn't able to add the lines to the configuration. anyone know how to try this fix on /etc/drirc?   

echoing 750 into i915_min_freq gives me a permission denied error.

i have also tried setting "Adjust display refresh rate" to "Always" without any improvement. Also "Sync playback to display" to "On" without any improvement. 
 First check which frequencies are available:
cat /sys/kernel/debug/dri/0/* | pastebinit
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
i'll be honest, i don't know what i'm looking for here:

http://ix.io/1fwy
  • 256(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
LibreELEC Testbuilds for x86_64 (Kodi 18.0)24