Search Issue (Xbox)
Hey..... so how come search worked properly on Alpha 1 on Xbox One but not in Alpha 2 or 3? i know i have mentioned this issue before in another thread but i would like to create one in hopes that someone isn't on the Xbox Constant Dash update (Alpha Skip Ahead).. but what could have changed in the search function? It worked flawlessly in Alpha 1 then Alpha 2.. No search.. Alpha 3.. No search. The TvCatchup EPG Crashes my Xbox ect ect just little things like this as well, I know what you are going to say please provide us with a log. Well i have an issue right there.. I'm on the Alpha Skip ahead program on Xbox and currently receiving Dashboard updates constantly.. So i don't know if its my Xbox or the latest Alpha 3 Update. So trying to get a log from my Xbox is like trying to get blood from a stone.. (Very Temperamental) I'm Hoping you already know the problem or someone can upload a log who isn't on the Alpha Skip Ahead program.
Learn to enjoy every minute of your life. Be happy now. Don't wait for something outside of yourself to make you happy in the future. Think how really precious is the time you have to spend, whether it's at work or with your family. Every minute should be enjoyed and savored.
(2018-06-30, 22:22)Kryptobuild Wrote: Hey..... so how come search worked properly on Alpha 1 on Xbox One but not in Alpha 2 or 3?
It's Alpha stage software. Things break during development. Things can happen. Smile
Has this bug already been reported via Kodi's bug tracker?
I have provided log on it some time ago but it was moderated due to addons on my Kodi.
(2018-07-01, 05:46)Klojum Wrote:
(2018-06-30, 22:22)Kryptobuild Wrote: Hey..... so how come search worked properly on Alpha 1 on Xbox One but not in Alpha 2 or 3?
It's Alpha stage software. Things break during development. Things can happen. Smile
Has this bug already been reported via Kodi's bug tracker
 As i stated.. my system is very temperamental, i could try Kodi's Bug tracker, but i'm not getting my hopes up, Alpha skip ahead was the worst thing i could have done to my Xbox.. Especially with Kodi released back on Xbox, lol  Other apps like Netflix are a problem for me as well. That's why i didn't know if it was just me.. or other users having the same issue.
Learn to enjoy every minute of your life. Be happy now. Don't wait for something outside of yourself to make you happy in the future. Think how really precious is the time you have to spend, whether it's at work or with your family. Every minute should be enjoyed and savored.
(2018-07-01, 16:57)bambo1970 Wrote: I have provided log on it some time ago but it was moderated due to addons on my Kodi.
 Thing is i bet 9/10 people who work for kodi have tried or use an illegal addon at some point in there careers. But... I'm not here for illegal addons just trying to get the search working haha.
(2018-07-01, 16:57)bambo1970 Wrote: I have provided log on it some time ago but it was moderated due to addons on my Kodi.

And we offer no support for devices containing banned addons (wiki) or repos, with the sole exception of their complete removal.
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
(2018-07-01, 19:00)Kryptobuild Wrote:
 Thing is i bet 9/10 people who work for kodi have tried or use an illegal addon at some point in there careers. But... I'm not here for illegal addons just trying to get the search working haha.

You'd lose your money then - we're not that dumb in polluting our systems.
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
I too am apart of the Xbox alpha skip ahead ring on 2 of my 4 xboxs. For my other two one of them has never been used in the insider program and the other is in beta ring. I removed the xbox I've been using for Kodi from the program and reinstalled the public dashboard that had been released in the wild and still Kodi crashes and search doesnt work so this is clearly a Kodi problem. I also tried it on my xbox that has never been in the preview program and it had the exact same issues as all my other xboxs. Not a xbox update issue. As Kodi worked just fine before the update on all my Xboxes.
Share a Debug log (wiki).
As I stated on another thread before it got closed... You can't the app just don't load it freezes on startup on Xbox. I did also state some people are receiving updates but not everyone at same time. So I'll just wait and see what's what and if it resolves my problem. Hopefully when fixed then is there a way to to receive a kodiold.log like there is on PC on Xbox One? I'm sure in that log would state what the problem is or was for future reference shouldn't it?
Now that crashing is fixed someone should definitely share Debug Log for Search issue ☺️
not your xbox - search doesn't work on my pc win10 version either. had early release of kodi 18 - search worked great - on newest releases it doesn't work, often kicking me out of kodi altogether. I am now back to kodi 17.6 as search is a must. btw - found a link to alpha 1 on kodi home page story - trying that to see it it works.
Since nobody is providing the needed steps on how to reproduce or give a log we will simply ignore this issue.
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
Right I just tried this on my standard dashboard Xbox and it has no problems searching so there's some other factor involved for you guys so, as suggested, the only way you're going to get any help is by providing a full debug log.
this is the dumbest bug ever. The search function is the most basic function of any software, no matter the use case.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Search Issue (Xbox)0