• 3(current)
v18 QUARTZ - Leia
(2018-06-13, 07:31)mediumdry Wrote: Also, a question on the EPG [...] I'm trying to change them, with limited success.

FYI, I remapped the puke green and brown colors to shades of blue. Also, gaps are now filled with a fallback color. I think you'll find the presentation a little easier on the eyes.
hah... and I'm still digesting the "Batch Kodi/Quartz configuration", thanks so much!
(2018-05-30, 10:12)mediumdry Wrote: In the TV Guide (which is my main entry into TV) I can schedule recordings and a favourite pointing to recordings also works as expected.

What are you using as a backend for PVR? I'm thinking about a simple setup for testing.
I use both Teleboy and TV Headend. This is the reason I am on Leia, as the Teleboy backend was not included before and it was quite involved to compile and install (and on some platforms not even possible). I am using them on Android (well, one FireTV 2 and one Nvidia Shield TV, so Amazon's TV platform and Android TV, so no "normal" Android). I only just got the shield (there are audio problems on FireTV 1, which was what I used in the bed room tv) and it actually shows an "issue".

Leia allows the leanback launcher to get info from Kodi (such as showing new TV programs, movies, etc...). It then links to the Info page for the item in Kodi, straight from the Android TV home screen. (not the info that you get while watching a file) This works just fine, but the info page in Quartz has no image, in most other skins it does. The result is that it is not as visibly pleasing as it could be. I can use some screenshots to show the effect, if you want.

The PVR colours are much improved, although quite blue now. Is there any reason why the png files have so much transparency applied for the PVR background colours?

Lastly, I've been playing music a lot and have got some ideas for the display, as I don't use visualizations. Would you be interested in a mockup to discuss ideas? I know music is not your focus as you play it in other ways.. For me, it is quite a useful thing, as there is work on interacting with Alexa/Google/Siri and that would be the first time that those assistants will be able to play local music, as for now it's all about the online services, even for Sonos. (Sonos can play local content, just not through the assistants, last time I checked)

I have to say, I am amazed at the amount of work you are doing on Leia, when you are not even using it as your main Kodi! (although, they will soon start betas, I'm sure, so it won't be long)

Thanks!
Curious if you've tried NextPVR and have an opinion on it vs Tvheadend? I have the former up and running so I'm finally able to test PVR functionality. Surprising how well it works but improvements are needed.

Post some screen caps of the missing image issue because I have no idea what you're talking about.

I would not be interested in creating a new music view from scratch. If another skin does something near to what you want, pass the info along and I will consider it. Voice assistants are the Devil's spawn, BTW.

Been dogfooding Leia for a couple weeks now. Insomnia also helps when it comes to finding the time. Wink
Good news for Leia/Live TV users. The frequent buffering isssue has been resolved!
Prototype RP media shelf for enhanced PVR support in development. Thoughts?

looks excellent that , I am  black theme fan as well.
Early access code for the new PVR features is available here.

@ontap your feedback is much appreciated. Thanks!

Edit: PVR enhancements have been merged with the master. Use link in the OP to download.
OK am brand new to this skin so i may be missing an obvious setting , when scrolling through libraries , movies/tv shows, various views what like is no fan art showing in background it just makes it hard to read the video synopsis on the screen , nearest i can get is to set the "BG art visibility" to zero , but that then kills the home page for me , i like a plain home page image but with no shading if you get what i mean , so is there no way to disable BG fan art in library views ?
(2018-07-02, 19:28)ontap Wrote: OK am brand new to this skin so i may be missing an obvious setting , when scrolling through libraries , movies/tv shows, various views what like is no fan art showing in background it just makes it hard to read the video synopsis on the screen , nearest i can get is to set the "BG art visibility" to zero , but that then kills the home page for me , i like a plain home page image but with no shading if you get what i mean , so is there no way to disable BG fan art in library views ?

You are not missing anything. The BG art visibility setting is global; effecting fanart, custom home image and even how visible video is when playing in the background.

After reading your post it occurs to me that the "Hide background art" setting should probably not turn off the custom home screen image since it is affirmatively opt-in. I have no problem making that change. Did you download the skin from the link in the OP or my last post?
from your last post tx.
Change is in. Download again at your convenience.
top man tx again.
Hey Nonjon, great to see a separate TV menu! Silly question though, could it be to the right of TV shows? The video section kinda belongs together, in my mind. Personally, I have it where photos are and that works fine for me. How hard is it to implement a re-ordering? If non-trivial, forget I asked. Smile This really brings it to the point where you have to choose home menu items or horizontally scroll.

Since this is "let's see if it works" stuff, I will assume that skin options for shelf and menu will be done at a later time. It's a great already though, I have to say! What are the number on the TV logos? Mine are channel numbers, but in your screenshot, you have 1.1, where I only have a number without dot. Would it be hard to put the channel name there instead? The channel numbers do not mean much to me, and the logos aren't always clear (even if they are there).

I like the "liveTV" image for channels without channel logo.

Some other stuff, it appears that I cannot start the group manager or channel manager from Quartz. Those may be missing in the skin, if you are keen to fully implement Live TV.  Whoa.. it's there now. Cool!

To some Android TV stuff. I mentioned the information page not having graphics. See this example. The page that you jump to when you select something from within the Android TV homescreen is the information screen that you can go to with the "information" option in the context menu of a movie or tv show. There definitely is space for an image though on the page. The music album information page does have the cover there.

Lastly, I tend to switch off all fan art (against doctor's advice) Wink so I haven't been playing with it much. I switched it on for a while though and noticed that you can see it fine if you select something in the shelf, but not if you have a home screen background selected. I feel that the home screen background is there to have the background not be black if there is no fanart to display, so I was surprised to see the background stay the same after selecting a shelf item. Is that intentional? Again, this is not a feature I really use, just something I'm wondering about.

Will come back to you on the music stuff. I understand it's not a concern of yours, so I want something that's relatively easy to drop in for you before I bother you with it.
  • 3(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
QUARTZ - Leia4