XBOX RAR Support via SMB
Question 
Hi there,

I was wondering if there was support to detect video files within far was coming to the Xbox side of kodi? I remember there was a add on to be able to have rar support somewhere and I think I do have it enabled, but have noticed I have a lot of stuff missing from my libraries.

Any help would be great.
Any ideas ?
within far? what are you asking?

if you are asking about rars they supported through either vfs.rar or vfs.libarchive and both ship with the xbox builds.
Yeah sorry I did mean rars. Is it something that’s active by default or something I have to manually activate? Cause I have numerous amount of things within rars and they aren’t being picked up

Edit: Actually no files that are stored within rar files are being picked up across movies or tv shows.
all binary add-ons needs to be enabled manually in add-on browser.
Which are the ones in the virtual file systems. Both have been disabled and renabled again and still rar based files will not show up in the library. Do you have and suggestions on how to force this to work? And do you think it could be an issue with smb access at all?
first, you really should not enable both, enable either one. ideally libarchive, but if that doesn't work, use vfs.rar. both of them use the kodi vfs to access files, so it really should not be smb related. i need to see a debug log. are you sure those movies are in your library, or could they have been cleaned out due to an add-on not being enabled at some point. can you browse to the files?
Will try one or the other as soon as I get the chance. Can confirm that they are definitely not showing within the library, after a rescan as well. And also can see them from within file manager view. In the sense of being able to browse to the location it is via smb, and see the folder, as well as seeing all the rar files. Can’t do much after that though.

Will test the enabling of one of the plugins in the hope this will work. You think disabling one and a restart of the app is needed? Or they should disable on the fly and can just rescan again?
just disabling should be enough.

as long as you can see the rar files in file view, something isn't working. you should only see a single entry for the media file within the archives. no reason scanning anything before it works in file view. i really need that debug log to say much more.
Wellll I’d love to. But now I can’t even have kodi on for more than 30 seconds before it just locks up. I almost get to the debug menu to activate and locks up. No idea what the hell changed, doesn’t even scan on open, literally just starts up, locks up Sad
(2018-07-05, 10:03)spiff Wrote: just disabling should be enough.

as long as you can see the rar files in file view, something isn't working. you should only see a single entry for the media file within the archives. no reason scanning anything before it works in file view. i really need that debug log to say much more.

Now the crashing issue has been sorted I will get that log up ASAP.
Hey, here is what i could get from the system, seemed to be to big for paste bin, little over 2MB. But got it up here ok

https://paste.ubuntu.com/p/d3kFjfd78y/

Let me know what you see, and anything you could suggest to test/try
problem is with the smb support, ref 1:47:02.739 T:1592 ERROR: AddOnLog: SMB support (libsmb2): SMB2: seek failed. error( seekpos: 0, whence: 2, SEEK_END not implemented)
So something with the implementation of smb with the Xbox release ? Or something my end with how I have my smb setup ?
it's the implementation. i've drafted a fix in https://github.com/afedchin/vfs.smb2/pull/7 however afedchin just became a father so he will need some time to respond.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
RAR Support via SMB0