• 25(current)
Philips hue integration or add-on
Hello to all

I'm an Italian guy and my English is bad. I hope that thanks to "google translate" can still make me understand.

First of all, thanks to the creator of this incredible "add on". In my theater it really creates a formidable effect and creates a real cinema atmosphere.

In my setup I use a second-generation Nvidia Shiel, a second generation Philis Hue Hub, but the LED bulbs and strips are from the OSRAM Lightify series.

These are totally compatible with the Philips Hue series. In fact with any APP I use I never have problems.

With this fantastic "add on" however the "Theater" function works perfectly, while the "Ambilight" function does not go. I've already tried to disable hardware acceleration but nothing.

I'm sad to work now and I can not post a LOG to make you understand more ... but in the meantime I wanted to ask a question that can help others too:
The "add on" is capable of driving non-Philips HUE bulbs in ambilight mode but still fully compatible as the OSRAM Lightify series?

Thanks to whoever can answer and help me.
Hi i have bought a Philips hue lightstrip, will the new SPMC 17 beta work on this?
Hi all,

does anybody know how to get the add on working with an external player?
I have a Zidoo player. As long as I play the files using the Kodi build in player the HUE theatre mode workes fine. But the Zidoo player playes almost every file a lot smoother.So, there are good reasons to use it instead of the build in player. The only disadvantage is, that the HUE script doest not turn on/off any lights.

Any suggestion would be appreciated.
Hi everyone. Anyone Else have issues with Hue Ambilight. I got ut working perfecly with movies but not with series? I'm using the ambilight features with an hue strip
Is this still being developed? Does ambilight work with theater mode at the same time?
What exactly is the issue that it does not work with some hardware accelerations (fixing this would be the best news fro me)..

Thanks!
Ambilight and Theatre modes are alternatives.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
So if for example I have some Hue lights which I want to be turned off at playback (just like a do with a wemo switch) and a hue lightstrip that I want to control as ambilight, it does not work?
Do you know why the acceleration limitations? I searched, but cannot find.

Thx!
You could try to run two versions of the addon.

Hardware acceleration means it isn't possible to sample the video to produce the info for an ambilight system.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
(2017-11-17, 09:23)sahara Wrote: So if for example I have some Hue lights which I want to be turned off at playback (just like a do with a wemo switch) and a hue lightstrip that I want to control as ambilight, it does not work?
Do you know why the acceleration limitations? I searched, but cannot find.

Thx!
You can do it without problems.
The problem is with the ambilight effect, because when the hardware acceleration "mediacodec surface" is on, the system uses the raw signal and the script can't use it to find the colors. But the "theather" mode works perfectly.
I have it to dim my lights (two bulbs and two blooms) when i play a movie/tvshow, and to light up when it pauses/stops.

The "Static mode" (opposite to theather mode) also works fine.
Thank you. I only have a lightstrip atm, and it only has sense to be used as ambilight. Pitty we do not have something like screenbloom on android/libreelec. Hyperion is also a bit weird with Hue and colors are waaay to dim.
Does this addon know the difference between TV/Movies & Music?

I currently have Kodi setup to activate Music mode in Phillips Hue Sync app on Kodi music playback (Spotify or Google Music); and, activate Video mode in the Phillips app on Kodi video playback.  The Phillips app just sits quietly in the Windows system tray (using up very little system resources).  When there's nothing to playback, my Lightstrip turns on default ambient room lighting (if someone's in the room).  Music mode works very well with Kodi's Milkdrop2 addon.
This is a great plugin but can you explain the optimum settings for a Philips hue living colours lamp on ambi light mode? Not sure what thresholds (value & saturation) mean as well as Color bias under Ambilight settings. Also min brightness is always used and it spends it's time at that so the default of 0 meant the lamp was at the minimum setting and thus off. So not sure what min and max are for.
(2018-07-11, 21:49)richardc1983 Wrote: This is a great plugin but can you explain the optimum settings for a Philips hue living colours lamp on ambi light mode? Not sure what thresholds (value & saturation) mean as well as Color bias under Ambilight settings. Also min brightness is always used and it spends it's time at that so the default of 0 meant the lamp was at the minimum setting and thus off. So not sure what min and max are for.

I can't explain all the settings, but these were the Ambilight settings I found that wotked the best for me.

Min Brightness: 104
Max Brightness: 254
Enable Dimming: On

Thresholds:

Value: 0.25
Saturation: 0.33

Color:

Bias: 18

Playback start or resume

Override Brightness: On / 254

Playback pause

Override Brightness: On / 50

Playback stop

Override Brightness: On / 0
Thank you, how did you know what to adjust without knowing what the values meant?
(2018-07-11, 23:31)richardc1983 Wrote: Thank you, how did you know what to adjust without knowing what the values meant?

Trial and error until the lights were behaving more as I wanted.
  • 25(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Philips hue integration or add-on0