• 296(current)
Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support
(2018-07-10, 20:24)vbat99 Wrote:
(2018-07-10, 16:50)bsoriano Wrote: Thank you so much Rob! Searching just one of my root folders for movies works great! Smile

Given that you were already able to do this, would it be possible to replicate the functionality for Refresh?

Regards,

Bart

I did have a look at the Refresh function but the complexities of converting this to a single root folder refresh is substancial. So at this time, no. Not for Refresh.
To improve Refresh, please ensure you have selected Use multiple threaded version where available in Preferences -> Common. This will scan all root folders at the same time, instead of one at a time.

Rob.  
Understood Rob, thanks for looking.  I found out that I did not have the multi-threaded version setting enabled, I will test how this affects the Refresh times.  Again, thanks.

Regards,

Bart

EDIT: Wow! That setting made a big difference refreshing movies! Total time for Refresh for my 5600+ movie collection was 1 minute, 57 seconds, compared to over 5 minutes before. 

A Refresh All of my tv shows (544 tv shows, 14,900 episodes) took 3 minutes, 17 seconds. This is not much of a difference from before.  Actually, the time with the setting off was slightly lower, 2 minutes, 47 seconds.  I am not sure what is going on there.

Anyway, I am really happy with the difference for movies! Thank you again, Rob.
(2018-07-10, 20:37)bsoriano Wrote: Understood Rob, thanks for looking.  I found out that I did not have the multi-threaded version setting enabled, I will test how this affects the Refresh times.  Again, thanks.

Regards,

Bart

EDIT: Wow! That setting made a big difference refreshing movies! Total time for Refresh for my 5600+ movie collection was 1 minute, 57 seconds, compared to over 5 minutes before. 

A Refresh All of my tv shows (544 tv shows, 14,900 episodes) took 3 minutes, 17 seconds. This is not much of a difference from before.  Actually, the time with the setting off was slightly lower, 2 minutes, 47 seconds.  I am not sure what is going on there.

Anyway, I am really happy with the difference for movies! Thank you again, Rob.

Actually, the Multi threading is only active for Movies. The time different for TV refresh I have no idea. Maybe a caching issue with windowsHuh (big guess there)
I tried getting Multithreading active for TV series, but it became a nightmare and highly unstable.

May have another look at it one day, but still have a list of features/bugs to get past first.
Media Companion Dev.
Media Companion - Kodi / XBMC - Media Companion
That makes sense, thanks Rob.

Regards,

Bart
Hey Rob,
Thanks for the latest release.  Was wondering if you're still contemplating a change to the tv renaming to be more like movies?  A little feature request, can you add scraping the IMDB id for shows?  There's the option to scrape for episodes, but, not for the show itself.  Thanks.
YOYIZDERZOMENEMOHOZEZAZEZDENDERIZHOZEZ
(2018-07-11, 23:47)bobrap Wrote: Hey Rob,
Thanks for the latest release.  Was wondering if you're still contemplating a change to the tv renaming to be more like movies?  A little feature request, can you add scraping the IMDB id for shows?  There's the option to scrape for episodes, but, not for the show itself.  Thanks.

Hey bobrap

Truth is I haven't had time to look into that just yet, as I'm still working on some other half-finished changes to artwork naming. It is on my to do list.

As for scraping the IMDB Id for Shows, this is done automatically if you use the Batch rescrape wizard.
IE: for a single series, right-clik and select Use rescraper wizard on this show. Then select something like Premiered.
In the batch rescrape wizard, if the series is missing the IMDB Id, it gets filled in...if its available on TVDb.
Now, this IMDB Id will get updated, only if there is not an existing IMDb Id allocated to the TV Series.

If the IMDB Id doesn't get updated, then it is not available on TheTVDb. Maybe check their site for the series and if it definitely is missing, then add to the series.
If the IMDB Id is allocated to the series, please pm me the tvshow.nfo file, and what specific TV scraper options you have selected (ie: if use TVDB Api is selected...) or if your using XBMC TVDb scraper.
Media Companion Dev.
(2017-11-03, 05:32)Edworld Wrote: vbat99,

Thanks for all the udpates

Is there an option to clean the episodes listed in any given season?

I have a couple of seasons that have duplicate shows listed
Not sure if this is the same, but I've just scraped a 10 episode TVshow and am also getting the episodes listed twice in MC. Showing E1-9 twice but not E10? The folder only has 10 episodes (Using the latest version 3.7.1.1.) Been quite a while since I added any new shows to my server, so perhaps I stuffed something up? Been using MC for a long time though.
ZOTAC IONITX-D-E Intel Atom N330 Dual Core 1.6 GHz NVIDIA ION with LIVE on SSD (now updated to Nvidia Shield Pro (P2897)
Copy a couple of the episode filename here so I can get an idea of what might be happening
Media Companion Dev.
Strike Back - Retribution.S06E01.Episode1.iso
Strike Back - Retribution.S06E02.Episode2.iso
Strike Back - Retribution.S06E03.Episode3.iso

I'm sure I've had this issue before and always managed to resolve it. However, its been almost a year since I added anything to my server and I've forgotten some of the details. Happens when you get older Big Grin. Thanks for the assist.
ZOTAC IONITX-D-E Intel Atom N330 Dual Core 1.6 GHz NVIDIA ION with LIVE on SSD (now updated to Nvidia Shield Pro (P2897)
Oaky, I tried a couple more shows and the same thing happened when there is an "Episode" in the file name (well that's what I think). MC is mistakenly thinking there is 2 episodes
I think MC is being fooled due to the E of the word episode, and the number right at the end of the word episode, no space between.

It shouldn't trip on this, so I'll do some testing.
Media Companion Dev.
(2018-07-20, 06:06)vbat99 Wrote: I think MC is being fooled due to the E of the word episode, and the number right at the end of the word episode, no space between.

It shouldn't trip on this, so I'll do some testing.
Okay, I figured this out. I left the "space" out between the "Episode" and the "Number".  I just discovered I usually put a space in there and in this instance I didn't. With a space it works as it always has. Without a space, I get the epsiodes listed twice. Only seems to happen for number 1-9. Number 10 epsiode didn't do this. Thanks
Hi!

I have the latest update and i have a problem to add or change a TV Show. When i select the show and choose "rescrap show with selected options", i get an error :
Quote:System.Exception: TVDb is unavailable!
   à Media_Companion.TVDb.Fetch()
   à Media_Companion.TVDb.get_Cast()
   à Media_Companion.TVScraper.TvGetActorTvdb(TvShow& NewSeries)
   à Media_Companion.Form1.btnTvShSelectScrape_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)

After i have the choice to quit or to continu but the TV Show disappear from the list.

Any idea?
HTPC - Nvidia Shield TV
Desktop - Homemade : 11th Gen Intel® Core™ i5-11600K @ 3.90GHz | 32GB | AMD Radeon RX 6600 XT | SSD 500Go + 750Go + HDD 500Go | --W10--
NAS - Synology DS414 : [2*8To WD Red Plus (Raid 1)] + [2*6To WD Red (Raid 1)]
KODI 19.3
(2018-07-22, 00:42)Levi59 Wrote: Hi!

I have the latest update and i have a problem to add or change a TV Show. When i select the show and choose "rescrape show with selected options", i get an error :
Quote:System.Exception: TVDb is unavailable!
   à Media_Companion.TVDb.Fetch()
   à Media_Companion.TVDb.get_Cast()
   à Media_Companion.TVScraper.TvGetActorTvdb(TvShow& NewSeries)
   à Media_Companion.Form1.btnTvShSelectScrape_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)

After i have the choice to quit or to continue but the TV Show disappear from the list.

Any idea?

I can not duplicate the issue with Media Companion 3.711b

Can you advise me of the TV series, and also the language.
Media Companion Dev.
Lucifer in french

And i get the same error if i remove the tvshow.nfo and remove/save/add/save the folder. MC search for the new TV Show and i get the same error as before.
HTPC - Nvidia Shield TV
Desktop - Homemade : 11th Gen Intel® Core™ i5-11600K @ 3.90GHz | 32GB | AMD Radeon RX 6600 XT | SSD 500Go + 750Go + HDD 500Go | --W10--
NAS - Synology DS414 : [2*8To WD Red Plus (Raid 1)] + [2*6To WD Red (Raid 1)]
KODI 19.3
(2018-07-23, 23:51)Levi59 Wrote: Lucifer in french

And i get the same error if i remove the tvshow.nfo and remove/save/add/save the folder. MC search for the new TV Show and i get the same error as before.

Not able to reproduce. Can you upload your config.xml somewhere and PM me a link to download it.
Media Companion Dev.
  • 296(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support10