XBOX v18 Alpha 3: TV Shows | List of Episodes not Showing (Scraping Works)
Question 
  • I love Kodi!
  • I use Kodi on Xbox One X.
  • Before that (about a week ago) I used it on a normal Windows PC (17.6).
  • All the scraping works (movies / TV shows) and I can play movies and also TV shows (when the episode appears in the "Recently Added" panel).
  • However, when I want to open a TV show (meaning that I want to see the episodes /seasons) then nothing happens (I do not get the list of eposides).
  • I used Kodi for many years now, I am sure that I tried the obvious Smile.
  • Log file: https://paste.kodi.tv/eqokibaqah

My uneducated guess from the log file would be:

Code:
ERROR: CGUIMediaWindow::GetDirectory(videodb://tvshows/titles/116/) failed
Code:
ERROR: SQL: [MyVideos110.db] SQL error or missing database

Picture: List of TV Shows

Update 1: I will try to reinstall Kodi.

Update 2: Reinstalling apparently solved the problem.

Update 3: The problem reappeared a day later. I did not change a thing (just an audio setting).

What should I do in order to get some response?
Hey. Anybody else experience this problem?
Debug Mode has not been enabled. Try again. But some errors that are obvious...

There is also this error...
cpp:
SMB support (libsmb2): SMB2: connect to share 'data510' at server 'mymediaserver' failed. smb2_connect_share_async failed. Invalid address:mymediaserver Can not resolv into IPv4/v6.

I could find no show at TVDB named Cosmis
cpp:
CCurlFile::Open failed with code 404 for https://api.thetvdb.com/search/series?name=Cosmis:

You have...
cpp:
smb://mymediaserver/Data712/TV-Shows/Marvel.Spider.Man.2017/'
But the correct show name is... Marvel's Spider-Man
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
Thanks for the reply. I will do debug mode as soon as possible.

Maybe I explained my problem poorly. The problem is that I cannot enter the episode list. I see the show and when I click on the name of the show then normally the seasons and episodes are shown. This is not happening.

I reinstalled everything and then it worked for a day. Then the problem appeared again. I reinstalled it again and now it works again.

The problem with the show names that you pointed out, is not the problem.

Again, thanks for taking the time to reply.
I have some problem with the shows as well, all scrapping is good the shows appear but on Kodi home screen when show is pop out to continue to watch, I click on it (and as I have turned on info first) it is coming to info but the whole show not particular one and when I click play it is not playing only cleaning watch history and show is disappearing from continue to watch.
The rest of the Kodi work very well, even in alpha it is very good software.

Any suggestion, please?

M
I am not an expert regarding this forum but as far as I know, you are supposed to provide a detailed log on order to get help: Manuel
(2018-07-24, 03:28)eskimos Wrote: I have some problem with the shows as well, all scrapping is good the shows appear but on Kodi home screen when show is pop out to continue to watch, I click on it (and as I have turned on info first) it is coming to info but the whole show not particular one and when I click play it is not playing only cleaning watch history and show is disappearing from continue to watch.
The rest of the Kodi work very well, even in alpha it is very good software.

Any suggestion, please?

M
I am not an expert regarding this forum but as far as I know, you are supposed to provide a detailed log on order to get help: Manuel
(2018-07-21, 21:58)Karellen Wrote: Debug Mode has not been enabled. Try again. But some errors that are obvious...

There is also this error...
cpp:
SMB support (libsmb2): SMB2: connect to share 'data510' at server 'mymediaserver' failed. smb2_connect_share_async failed. Invalid address:mymediaserver Can not resolv into IPv4/v6.

I could find no show at TVDB named Cosmis
cpp:
CCurlFile::Open failed with code 404 for https://api.thetvdb.com/search/series?name=Cosmis:

You have...
cpp:
smb://mymediaserver/Data712/TV-Shows/Marvel.Spider.Man.2017/'
But the correct show name is... Marvel's Spider-Man

Now the problem occurred again. I enabled debug log:
https://paste.kodi.tv/cafizicoyu

I can access the files on the server but still, if I click on a show in order to see the episodes but the episodes don't appear.

Any help is appreciated.
You have a number of these errors...

cpp:
23:07:05.577 T:5880 ERROR: SQL: [MyVideos110.db] SQL error or missing database
Query: SELECT studio.studio_id, studio.name FROM studio JOIN studio_link ON studio.studio_id = studio_link.studio_id JOIN tvshow_view ON studio_link.media_id = tvshow_view.idShow AND studio_link.media_type='tvshow' GROUP BY studio.studio_id
23:07:05.577 T:5880 ERROR: CVideoDatabase::GetNavCommon failed

cpp:
23:07:08.957 T:5872 ERROR: AddOnLog: SMB support (libsmb2): SMB2: connect to share 'Data712' at server 'mymediaserver' failed. smb2_connect_share_async failed. Invalid address:mymediaserver Can not resolv into IPv4/v6.

I cannot answer why that is happening. Hopefully others can. But you should start off by checking why Kodi cannot connect to mymediaserver which, I assume, is the server hosting your video files.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2018-07-25, 23:32)Karellen Wrote: You have a number of these errors...

cpp:
23:07:05.577 T:5880 ERROR: SQL: [MyVideos110.db] SQL error or missing database
Query: SELECT studio.studio_id, studio.name FROM studio JOIN studio_link ON studio.studio_id = studio_link.studio_id JOIN tvshow_view ON studio_link.media_id = tvshow_view.idShow AND studio_link.media_type='tvshow' GROUP BY studio.studio_id
23:07:05.577 T:5880 ERROR: CVideoDatabase::GetNavCommon failed

cpp:
23:07:08.957 T:5872 ERROR: AddOnLog: SMB support (libsmb2): SMB2: connect to share 'Data712' at server 'mymediaserver' failed. smb2_connect_share_async failed. Invalid address:mymediaserver Can not resolv into IPv4/v6.

I cannot answer why that is happening. Hopefully others can. But you should start off by checking why Kodi cannot connect to mymediaserver which, I assume, is the server hosting your video files.

Thanks for the reply. Strangely, I can access the files on the server. I now removed the TV Show folder and added it again. It works again without further changes. Strange.

Manuel
Im having the exact same issue. Movies play fine even when i sets. Tv shows will play from recently added or the 'videos' > 'files' menu but if i click on a show in 'tv shows' (or any sub heading) it shows 'working' briefly then does nothing.
I had deleted and reinstalled kodi and it worked again but then after a day or so started having the error again.
Did you get any where to working out a resolution to the issue?
(2018-07-28, 13:32)BuckyBarnesWS Wrote: Im having the exact same issue. Movies play fine even when i sets. Tv shows will play from recently added or the 'videos' > 'files' menu but if i click on a show in 'tv shows' (or any sub heading) it shows 'working' briefly then does nothing.
I had deleted and reinstalled kodi and it worked again but then after a day or so started having the error again.
Did you get any where to working out a resolution to the issue?

I am really happy, that someone else has the problem too. At the moment I remove the TVShow folder and add it again when I get the error. Not a real solution.
To cheer you up I got the same error, I tried reinstall Kodi, nope, delete TVShow folder, nope. I started to use emby and emby connect the same problem. Weird as I can access the folder from Kodi file manager without a problem I am using NFS not samba. 
But I can play TVShoes when I press TVShows, on the left menu, enter tvshow which want, all episodes are there even marked as watched properly.
Oh well, this is still alpha version, after all, really small glitch.
(2018-08-05, 12:07)eskimos Wrote: To cheer you up I got the same error, I tried reinstall Kodi, nope, delete TVShow folder, nope. I started to use emby and emby connect the same problem. Weird as I can access the folder from Kodi file manager without a problem I am using NFS not samba. 
But I can play TVShoes when I press TVShows, on the left menu, enter tvshow which want, all episodes are there even marked as watched properly.
Oh well, this is still alpha version, after all, really small glitch.
 Hi eskimos, thanks for sharing. The last days I got the problem more often. I really hope that this is a small bug. So far there is not a lot of response of developers so I do not know if this bug will be removed in the first stable version.

Manuel
I reinstalled Kodi, and it is working now, however I do not have Kodi sounds, but there is sound on movies and tv shows. Oh well still draw ;-), one fixed one broken.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
v18 Alpha 3: TV Shows | List of Episodes not Showing (Scraping Works)0