• 21(current)
Release Google Drive for KODI
(2018-07-30, 18:03)cguZZMan Wrote: @Xaviero I'll check the resume play issue. Sounds related to the issue that an strm file imported to the library doesn't get marked as watched. Not an issue by itself, that's how Kodi works with .strm files. Anyway I'll take a look.

Please test strms on Leia nightlies too. Because they do get marked as watched on Leia.
Please don't add any kind of playback monitoring if the addon detects that it runs on Leia and limit it on Krypton and lower.
@olympus thanks for the info. So looks like it's a known and general issue on kripton and lower. Will research about the playback monitoring and check if that's the way other people made the workaround.
Hello @cguZZMan ... I was referring to Auto (resolution / playback) when it's being used as source as well... is it possible?
@vtwin0001 that's not implemented in the source mode. I just gave it a quick thought and looks like it's possible to implement something there. Can you create an issue in the github page of the addon? https://github.com/cguZZman/plugin.googledrive/issues, so I have it in the list.
So is there ever a possibility that the add-on can auto detect newly added content and automatic make a .strm file for it and perhaps even auto update the kodi library?
@famulor Yup. That's included in the new version soon-to-be released. I had a busy past week, but I'll try to release it this weekend.
(2018-07-30, 22:14)cguZZMan Wrote: @famulor Yup. That's included in the new version soon-to-be released. I had a busy past week, but I'll try to release it this weekend.
 That sounds perfect! Smile
(2018-07-30, 20:40)cguZZMan Wrote: @olympus thanks for the info. So looks like it's a known and general issue on kripton and lower. Will research about the playback monitoring and check if that's the way other people made the workaround.
Please have a look at Leia too, because if you mark the item as watched from the addon and Kodi also marks it as watched we would be getting double playcount for items we have watched only once.

I have a question too about strm files, it may be not possible though.
Is there a way to have an option (disabled by default) to use local subtitles for strm files instead of cloud subtitles?
The same way Kodi loads the srt subtitle next to the local file when we play a local file, it loads the srt file with the same filename.
I am asking this because I have in my library local content too, not only cloud content from my Google Drive account.
It would be easier and more manageable for me to have all my subtitles locally.
It could be possible if you are getting the strm file location when the addon is called.
You could change the extension to srt and check if the srt file exists.
(2018-07-26, 02:46)keithcq71 Wrote: When I create strm files ,Kodi is scanning the strm but nothing is being created in some files . In the past when I created strm everything worked.

@keithcq71 a possible way to fix this would be to go to settings and clear your entire library and delete all the strm files along with the file source paths, then re-export strm and re-point to those locations.
@olympus that sounds more like a Kodi improvement. Kodi doesn't load local subtitles when it plays an strm file.
May be there could be a workaround with the addon, but a research is needed. You can create a ticket in the github page to have it in the list.
(2018-08-01, 20:29)cguZZMan Wrote: @olympus that sounds more like a Kodi improvement. Kodi doesn't load local subtitles when it plays an strm file.
May be there could be a workaround with the addon, but a research is needed. You can create a ticket in the github page to have it in the list.
 What I have tested about strm files

Krypton
Information on playback: Doesn't work
Mark as watched: Doesn't work
Local subtitles: Doesn't work
Resume points: Doesn't work

Leia
Information on playback: Works
Mark as watched: Works
Local subtitles: Doesn't work
Resume points: Doesn't work

I am not really sure if Local subtitles and Resume points could work because Kodi probably is not sending to the addon the location of the strm file,
Kodi likely sends the plugin path.

Do you mean to make a ticket on the addon's github account?
https://github.com/cguZZman/plugin.googledrive/issues
I don't have a github account, I will create one if you want to create a ticket.
is it auto syn my drive after i have added my account and export .steam?
how about if i have new one video on my google drive?
@olympus well, that confirm what I though, it's a kodi issue.
Yes, that's the page I meant. But now I think you could ask Kodi team about it first. Looks like they are implementing some features in Leia that didn't work before with strm.

@alexprimaid there will be an optional sync after a folder is exported. The point will be to detect new files. Not currently implemented tho. I'm working on it.
Hello, @cguZZMan,

This feature that is implementing to check if there is something new on google drive is going to be great !!!

One question, can I save the strm to a network drive? Well, I'm not actually going to scratch the information through kodi, I'll just use it to fetch strm. Who will get the information from the movies will be EMBY. My idea is to make my kodi instances whenever open look for new strm and save in the folder where your my emby server scrapes.

I'm sad to know that 17.6 does not support art information in strm files.
  • 21(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Google Drive for KODI7