• 159(current)
WIP Ember Media Manager 1.4.8.0 ALPHA - Discussion Thread
Hello All

I'm trying to rediscover my love of EMM, Dan can't thank you enough for reviving this awesome media manager. Do you have a donation page?

I'm just posting here as I want to have a go at running this, my only problem is that I own a mac. I have a relatively speedy VM set up running Windows 7 32-bit.

I've downloaded the latest compiled version from Komplex's google drive (thanks for setting this up for folks like me),
Code:
Ember Media Manager BETA 1.4.90-alpha.git.7b58291

My only trouble is that when running it this VM I get an error message telling me its not compatible with 32-bit, any ideas folks?
(2018-08-04, 10:27)littlejeem Wrote: Hello All

I'm trying to rediscover my love of EMM, Dan can't thank you enough for reviving this awesome media manager. Do you have a donation page?

I'm just posting here as I want to have a go at running this, my only problem is that I own a mac. I have a relatively speedy VM set up running Windows 7 32-bit.

I've downloaded the latest compiled version from Komplex's google drive (thanks for setting this up for folks like me),
Code:
Ember Media Manager BETA 1.4.90-alpha.git.7b58291

My only trouble is that when running it this VM I get an error message telling me its not compatible with 32-bit, any ideas folks?
Most of all Komplex builds are x64 versions. Maybe he will compile it also as x86 if you ask him. My version is under havy development so i can't compile.

You can use the donation button in Ember.
(2018-08-04, 10:27)littlejeem Wrote: My only trouble is that when running it this VM I get an error message telling me its not compatible with 32-bit, any ideas folks?
Here's a 32bit version for you https://drive.google.com/file/d/1JwiEKP5...bt3y7MmBL/
Hi DanCooper,

thanks for your answer ... I couldn't believe, that I got an answer so quickly for my request

- Good Work!  Better than Microsoft Wink
Simply put the best media manager out there. I've tried a lot of different tools for this and there simply isn't anything more complete then Ember. I particularly like it for always getting the highest resolution thumbnails and artwork great for 4K tv users

However there is one little thing that makes this program feel very outdated and that would be the 260 character limit for scanning files. There are a few annoying issues with this in particular.

- It crashes the program right away forcing you to do a complete rescan of your media.
- It's not very particular about which file is causing the issue so you may need to rescan another time to figure out where the issue is coming from
- If the file is in a subfolder causing the issue the only way you can work around it is to move the file to a completely different folder

Now I can see if for some weird reason this is a limitation of the program even though Kodi's native scraping tools as well as Plex or Emby seemingly have no difficulties at all. But if there's no way around it can you at least change the way the program behaves?

- Not to make the program crash right away after finding a file that exceeds the limit
- Possibly ignore the file or mark it as unusable or whatever?

In case you're wondering as to where this might happen check out some of the tv shows causing this below.

https://www.thetvdb.com/series/the-disas.../seasons/1
https://www.thetvdb.com/series/daily-liv.../seasons/1

Perhaps there are better ways to work around this then to move those files to different folders? For now at least a fix for this would be great

On another note is there anyway way to make this application automatically scan after a set interval or can it be somehow triggered by Kodi? I get the feeling there should be an option for that but I was unable to find it.
Hello Dan

Thanks for coming back to me so quickly.

Makes perfect sense.
(2018-08-04, 14:32)komplex Wrote:
(2018-08-04, 10:27)littlejeem Wrote: My only trouble is that when running it this VM I get an error message telling me its not compatible with 32-bit, any ideas folks?
Here's a 32bit version for you https://drive.google.com/file/d/1JwiEKP5...bt3y7MmBL/ 
Komplex you star, thank you.
Hello, first of all, congratulations for your program, I have a question, when you want to scrape in the Portuguese language there are two options pt-PT (Portugal) and pt-BR (Brazil), there will be some way to add the option "es-MX" (Mexico-South America) for the Spanish language?, since when using the option "es-ES" the information obtained (Title, synopsis, etc.) is from Spain and many times the films have different names in Spain and South America. Thanks.
Are the daily builds on hold?
YOYIZDERZOMENEMOHOZEZAZEZDENDERIZHOZEZ
(2018-08-08, 15:02)bobrap Wrote: Are the daily builds on hold?
Nothing to build as no changes on github/master, i think the next build you'll see will be an official one from Dan maybe 1.5.0? If you check the "new_code_cleanup" branch on github there has been a lot of work going on
(2018-08-08, 15:37)komplex Wrote:
Nothing to build as no changes on github/master, i think the next build you'll see will be an official one from Dan maybe 1.5.0? If you check the "new_code_cleanup" branch on github there has been a lot of work going on 
Sounds great!  Thanks.
YOYIZDERZOMENEMOHOZEZAZEZDENDERIZHOZEZ
(2018-08-08, 15:44)bobrap Wrote:
(2018-08-08, 15:37)komplex Wrote:
Sounds great!  Thanks.
Maybe 1.5 Alpha and feature freeze Smile
But atm it's way too hot in switzerland to sit in my flat and code :-P .... "Sommerloch" so to say.
(2018-08-07, 01:39)wilgarccs23 Wrote: Hello, first of all, congratulations for your program, I have a question, when you want to scrape in the Portuguese language there are two options pt-PT (Portugal) and pt-BR (Brazil), there will be some way to add the option "es-MX" (Mexico-South America) for the Spanish language?, since when using the option "es-ES" the information obtained (Title, synopsis, etc.) is from Spain and many times the films have different names in Spain and South America. Thanks.

There shoulf be a "ScraperLanguages.xml" in the "Ember Media Manager\Profiles" folder. Simply add your preferred in the same style like the existing entries. TMDB suppprts "es-MX", TVDB use only "es" and IMDB is english only anyway.
If i don't forget it than I will add it to the default list for next release.
(2018-08-05, 18:17)banggun Wrote: Simply put the best media manager out there. I've tried a lot of different tools for this and there simply isn't anything more complete then Ember. I particularly like it for always getting the highest resolution thumbnails and artwork great for 4K tv users

However there is one little thing that makes this program feel very outdated and that would be the 260 character limit for scanning files. There are a few annoying issues with this in particular.

- It crashes the program right away forcing you to do a complete rescan of your media.
- It's not very particular about which file is causing the issue so you may need to rescan another time to figure out where the issue is coming from
- If the file is in a subfolder causing the issue the only way you can work around it is to move the file to a completely different folder

Now I can see if for some weird reason this is a limitation of the program even though Kodi's native scraping tools as well as Plex or Emby seemingly have no difficulties at all. But if there's no way around it can you at least change the way the program behaves?

- Not to make the program crash right away after finding a file that exceeds the limit
- Possibly ignore the file or mark it as unusable or whatever?

In case you're wondering as to where this might happen check out some of the tv shows causing this below.

https://www.thetvdb.com/series/the-disas.../seasons/1
https://www.thetvdb.com/series/daily-liv.../seasons/1

Perhaps there are better ways to work around this then to move those files to different folders? For now at least a fix for this would be great

On another note is there anyway way to make this application automatically scan after a set interval or can it be somehow triggered by Kodi? I get the feeling there should be an option for that but I was unable to find it.
Windows (10) still can't handle more than 260 character out-of-the-box. I know there is now a way to enable it for Win32-apps in the registry, but I've to check it how that works in combination with vb.NET (Ember).
But you are right, Ember should not be crashed while scanning files. I've added some fallbacks/catches in the scanning routine to ignore these files, but it's possible that not all cases are catched. I've to check that.
Hello,

Long time user of Ember and have recently been having an issue with scraping images. Any movie I try to scrape will be found, but once it starts to try to download posters or fan art every one will time out and the Ember gets weird when everything starts to time out and sometimes I will have to force quit the application. I haven't changed any settings and I have tried the latest alpha as well as the version (1.4.7.2 x86) I have been using for years (and successfully scraped hundreds of movies and TV shows with).

I'm usually pretty good at Google-fu'ing a solution to most of my issues if I can't solve them but I am coming up with nothing this time so I thought I'd reach out and ask. I'll post a pastebin of my log file below that contains the timeout errors and any ideas would be great.

Thanks

Pastebin: https://pastebin.com/wLW5aTF6
  • 159(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Ember Media Manager 1.4.8.0 ALPHA - Discussion Thread2